Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This series deserved so much more.

The best Ant-Man book and Kirkman's best work. Tremendously underrated. Irredeemable Ant-man.

Also, here was a cosmic team... Annihilators.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Avengers: The Initiative - I loved this book
    New Warriors
    Fantastic Force
    Thunderbolts (ongoing original)
    Alpha Flight
    Loners
    Spider-Woman (Mattie)
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

this

10char

"Cable was right!"

The best Ant-Man book and Kirkman's best work. Tremendously underrated. Irredeemable Ant-man.
    Kind of hard to bring this back now as he is dead and a robot has replaced him and the robot is a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Kind of hard to bring this back now as he is dead and a robot has replaced him and the robot is a bad guy.
    Yeah, it would be unheard of to resurrect a comic character.

I wouldn't want it back anyway, though. I don't think any current Marvel writers could do justice to Kirkman's run and Kirkman will never do another Marvel book.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I talk about this comic a lot but man do I) really love it

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post

Also, here was a cosmic team... Annihilators.
    Annihilators was great. All those powerhouses on one team. A TRUE deterrent to intergalactic villains. The sequel (Annihilators Earthfall) sucked though, because the team got totally jobbed by the Avengers. Wolverine can take out Gladiator?! Please.

My choices for this thread's question is: Avengers Academy, Guardians 3000, and X-Men the Hidden Years.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is the Lost Generation canon and are any of them still alive?
    I think it is cannon since it takes place in that ever widening gap between WW2 and the modern age. There are 3 that I know survived from that series. Pixie and Major Mercury (Makkari) who are both Eternals, and Yankee Clipper who got thrown forward in time to around the time of the formation of the FF so he was not there for the big battle with the Skrulls witch killed most of the heroes of the time period.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The best book that had a short run is Agents of Atlas. I am talking the real team not the current one witch is just a bunch of leftover characters Marvel crammed together and slapped the Agents name on.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-27-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Comet man. After his limited series was gone other then a few time in fantastic four.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I enjoyed that mini, it enjoyed it, and wouldn't have minded if he became a regular in the MU. Sinkie's always a plus.

I'll add Spellbound. If she were to return I think an outfit where she looks less like a ballerina may be better if she were to join someone like the Avengers. I loved the series quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I talk about this comic a lot but man do I) really love it

There’s something undeniably “so bad it’s good” about the character.
    And honestly, it’s really not that off the wall an origin/persona for someone to adopt, and he’s hardly the only sports themed character that’s ever been in a comic.
    Casey Jones, anyone? Sportsmaster, Javelin, Triathlon, Silver Surfer, Black Racer, Speed Racer, the (ugh) BrooklyKnight...Marvel even had a whole football themed team book, Kickers Inc. and that was no collaboration that was all them!

So yeah, lay off NFL SuperPro why dontcha?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The original:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my choice is Young Allies (2010):

A good choice. There was still so much story to be told here. Have to say I was not a fan of the Onslaught mini-series that "concluded" it. Bad art, and, the "Bucky twist" was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    This short-lived underrated comic comes to my mind....

2014 New Warriors
    It wasn't perfect, but they so deserved better. This was, IMHO, the best New Warriors revival in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I will always bring up Slingers in these type of threads.
    A series I've always wanted to read, but never got around to. Marvel hasn't even put it out in digital, to make my life easier.

Peace

[IMG][/IMG]

Plus the lost generation.

[IMG][/IMG]
    ClanDestine was some of the best new stuff to have come to Marvel in a loooooonnnnggg time (and since). We've had a couple of mini-series since then, but I'd love for the regular series to have continued (minus the wierd attempt to move it foward after Davis left. But I guess Marvel learned it's lesson there).
    As for generation Lost, though far from Byrne's best artwork (Milgrom's heavy inks didn't help. Not the best inker for him), Stern's story was good. It was intriguing enough to warrant a further look, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Very much enjoyed this run and I wish it would have lasted longer.

Yeah, the perfect exemple of how internal politics can ruin a good thing. The series was doing fine. Byrne was willing to continue on it, since he could stick to his own pocket of the Marvel Universe. There was no reason to cancel it, other than Joe Quesada wanted to do so. A shame!

As for my pick of a comic gone too soon, I'll go with Ostrander and Ferry's Heroes for Hire. Perhaps one of my favorite Marvel books ever, and it still had soooo much potential.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-28-2021 at 08:43 AM.