Default Comic series featuring the old Marvel movie/TV show characters

DC has announced new comic series' in the Burtonverse and Reeverse. I've heard that DC also merged the continuities of both the 66 Batman and 77 Wonder Woman a few years ago.

Do you think the same could be done with the old Marvel movies?

70s Hulk, 70s Cap, 80s Punisher, 80s Spider-Man TV show could crossover.

I would also like to see the old 2000s movie continuties like Blade, Raimi Spider-Man, Affleck Daredevil, X-Men, Ghost Rider, Ang Lee Hulk (though preferably, I wouldn't count DOFP and the later movies) etc. merging. I know that Fox was actually planning a crossover movie based on Civil War featuring 2000s X-Men, FF and Daredevil.

Would you want any of these old series to have a solo comic and/or crossover with each other?

... At best, I could only see the 60s Spider-Man cartoon and the 70s Hulk and (to a lesser extent) Spider-Man live action shows yielding any sort of continued fan response.

I'd personally support a maxi series with the 60s Spider-Man characters. Go further with that mythology, introduce some folks who never got to appear on the show- Kraven, etc.

I think, maybe-- you could get away with a digital one-shot or a short mini series featuring the 70s live action folks-- Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, with some kind of cameo from Dr. Strange (let's face it, Doc Strange wasn't going to be fighting bank robbers). It might be a nice opportunity to introduce some "real" super villains for these folks to combat, within the semi-realistic setting of the TV shows.

I'm not that enthused about the 89 Punisher continuing. I think the film was decent as an action film, in large part due to Lou Gossett as Berkowicz. But as far as continuing, even if they gave him the skull, I'm not.. eh..

With the Blade property-- I guess Marvel would have to excise Whistler since New Line/Warner owns him (there was a pending lawsuit at one point when somebody lifted Whistler to use for the 90s Spider-Man cartoon-- ironically this was produced before the Blade movie even came out in 98, showing how many years that movie was in development heck--- until David Goyer convinced them to stop it)

Honestly, the only two that'll work are 70s Hulk and tokusatsu Spider-Man. Nothing else is popular enough.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, the only two that'll work are 70s Hulk and tokusatsu Spider-Man. Nothing else is popular enough.
    They did try with the 90s X-Men animated series, with a comic continuation launched during (and somewhat after) Secret Wars 2015. Shame it didn't last long. That said, 70s toku Spider-Man getting a continuation comic would be awesome to read, or maybe an actual manga like Kamen Rider had.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk was killed off in a TV movie, although maybe that can be ignored.

It'd be interesting to have him again team-up with those film's versions of Thor and Daredevil.

The 60's Spider-Man and the Japanese live-action version did show up in the Spider-verse stuff, if that counts. Not a lot of Nick Hammond stuff though. Although if the rumors about the next film being a live action Spider-verse are true, it'd be awesome if Nick made a cameo.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-08-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It would be easy enough to just set a Hulk comic between the TV series and the final movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Are general Milennials and Zoomers even aware of the old Hulk tv series. All the ones I know only knew of MCU Hulk and Bana 2003 Hulk?

Even Boomers I know have long forgotten/don’t care about the old Hulk show.

Only Gen X’ers like me remember it or speak fondly of it. But that’s just from my personal experience

I think ‘70s Hulk would be the best bet.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them expand on the cartoons of the ‘70s and ‘80s, though: Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, and Spider-Woman.

IIRC, they did put out a comic for SMaHAF, but it was a one-shot and an adaptation of an episode.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

I'd actually like to see comics set in the Fox X-men universe...if its truly done with (with the Multiverse, who knows? )

I think this reality has a LOT of untapped potential, and the comics would be a great way to close some gaps and tell some stories that we didn't get a chance to see on-screen.

For instance, I'd actually love to see an exploration of the gap between The Last Stand and Days of Future Past. How exactly did Charles get his body back, and Eric get his powers back? How did they get together again? How/why did the new Sentinel program with the advanced shapeshifting Sentinels begin? How did Wolverine get his adamantium claws back and how did he first meet Quicksilver? How did Hank die? How did Kitty discover her time-travel powers? And a bunch of other things...

Hell, the credit sequence for X-men Origins Wolverine can spawn a spin-off series of its own. Logan and Victor across a century of warfare. Sign me up! (Who said a mediocre movie can't spawn something great?)

On the subject of the X-men - X-men Evolution is another universe I'd love to see re-explored...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Bixby/Ferrigno Hulk was killed off in a TV movie, although maybe that can be ignored.
    From what I know, they were planning to make a sequel in which Hulk was resurrected.