Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Blackwulf Angel Media's artwork is the thing I liked about this series.
    There have been so many great series mentioned in this thread, but this is one that I always thought had such untapped potential. So many new characters and concepts were introduced in such a short run. I would love to see it visited again. It's unlikely given the new Eternals series seems to be making more changes to their history and origins. Bringing in Blackwulf, et al would just complicate things too much.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Loved this run. Gutted it ended so soon.

The 11 issue Blackman/Del Mundo Elektra run is hugely under appreciated in my eyes. The art was stunning and the opening chapter gave Elektra an intriguing new nemesis in Bloody Lips and also gave her own supporting cast. I was devastated that it ended so soon.
    I bought that series for the Mike del Mundo artwork and absolutely loved everything about it, despite never really caring about Elektra one way or the other in the past.

Bloody Lips definitely needs to return.

-Pav, who liked that other old man assassin they introduced...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

MIGHTY AVENGERS should have just been called "Luke Cage and the Champions of New York"

DRAX THE DESTROYER by Keith Giffen: the miniseries responsible for giving Drax a scaled down makeover via a faulty resurrection and remolded the character into a Vin Diesel in "Pitch Black" incarnation. Ironically Diesel with later go on to portray a different Guardian in the film adaptations.

HAWKEYE&MOCKINGBIRD and literally *everything* Jim McCann and David Lopez did with the characters...

Extraordinary Member

Alan Davis’ Clan Destine

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Alan Davis’ Clan Destine
    Agreed. The first run was never the same after he left.

Fortunately, Alan Davis returned in 2008 and did another series

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-19-2021 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    HAWKEYE&MOCKINGBIRD and literally *everything* Jim McCann and David Lopez did with the characters...
    Dear god McCann was gold! This book was my favorite thing Marvel was doing for the short 6 months we were blessed with it! I know they gave him a couple follow up mini's, but the momentum was lost when they pulled the rug out from under the creative team, and neither Widowmaker nor Blindspot quite captured the magic of the original.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The New Universe DP7 and Spitfire and the Troubleshooters. 176DAFF4-9BCA-4765-9446-192EE5A6CECF.jpg

The Original Champions. One of my all time favorite titles.
    8199cd9b99d3973e8f3d804a818ce007.jpg
    And A Man Called Nova
    man-called-nova-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Original Champions. One of my all time favorite titles.
    8199cd9b99d3973e8f3d804a818ce007.jpg
    Nice to know there are others like me.

Peace

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Most of the titles that immediately spring to mind to me have already been mentioned, JiM, Doctor Voodoo, CB&MI:13, Elektra, G3K.

A few I’ve not seen mentioned yet...

All-New Ghost Rider by Felipe Smith, Spider-Woman by Bendis and SWORD by Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    G3k came along during a time when movie hype was at an all time high and the main Guardians book was less than stellar. I had already read some of Jim Valentino's guardians from the 90's, so this was pretty fun.

Kathryn Immonen made me fall in love with Sif. That's what good writing does, makes you care about these characters.
    These were two of the first titles that came to mind when I saw this thread. Both deserved much better. I was especially salty thy G3K was cancelled when it was so superior to the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, I was so hype for this. I remember being pretty intrigued by Ren Kimura and then she disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    The 11 issue Blackman/Del Mundo Elektra run is hugely under appreciated in my eyes. The art was stunning and the opening chapter gave Elektra an intriguing new nemesis in Bloody Lips and also gave her own supporting cast. I was devastated that it ended so soon.
    Agreed. That was the first time I’d seen Del Mundos art and it made me an instant fan. I still live in hope that it gets an oversized collection at some point.

Wolverine: Days of Future Past.

One of the better Wolverine minis.

-Age of Apocalypse (the ongoing).
    -All-New X-Factor.
    -X-Treme X-Men Vol 2.

I haven't read these in much depth but from what I saw they were great. Kind of felt like they got caught up in backlash against the push to raise the profile of the Danvers Captain Marvel.
    THE ULTIMATES vol 1 and 2 - Al Ewing seemed to be taking up the mantle of Mark Gruenwald with making the most of the cosmic fabric of the Marvel Universe and exploring and explaining its secrets.
    And then along the same lines, the concept at least, CAPTAIN MARVEL during her ALPHA FLIGHT period, seemed like a great concept. Was the execution off or was it derailed by crossover-itis (thanks CIVIL WAR!)

Speaking of "Flights"
    OMEGA FLIGHT - taking the remnants of the ALPHA FLIGHT team and adding Julia Carpenter's Spider-Woman/Arachne and John Walker's Captain America/US Agent and Beta-Ray Bill Thor was some (better than the Avengers at the time) superhero magic!