Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hank is being teased as a member of the upcoming volume of Defenders

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

X-Office ain't letting him go. It is like the West Coast Avengers limited #1 cover...bunch of old team members and some randos like Cyclops, Red Wolf and Doc Samson.

Last edited by Chris0013; 02-09-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    X-Office ain't letting him go. It is like the West Coast Avengers limited #1 cover...bunch of old team members and some randos like Cyclops, Red Wolf and Doc Samson.

They could share him like Avengers are doing with Wolverine, Strange Academy is doing with Magik and the Valkyries are doing with Dani

I keep meaning to ask this question, and then forget to whenever I log in. So I will ask it now while I remember.

In an X-Force data page from issue #17, Beast states certain humans are afraid that the X-Men put mind control organics into their medicines. H says that they don't, but that they are capable of doing it. "But, they would only consider it only in extreme .... matters".

That is some more villainous thought from Beast. It's clear that he is willing to do such a thing.
    Has he ever stated something like this before in a comic, using the X-Men's medicines this way?
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-20-2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I keep meaning to ask this question, and then forget to whenever I log in. So I will ask it now while I remember.

In an X-Force data page from issue #17, Beast states certain humans are afraid that the X-Men put mind control organics into their medicines. H says that they don't, but that they are capable of doing it. "But, they would only consider it only in extreme .... matters".

That is some more villainous thought from Beast. It's clear that he is willing to do such a thing.
    Has he ever stated something like this before in a comic, using the X-Men's medicines this way?
    He was talking about releasing the information on what's in the drug to prove they aren't dosing it with anything but like any pharmaceutical company you never want to release your propietary information because then others can duplicate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He was talking about releasing the information on what's in the drug to prove they aren't dosing it with anything but like any pharmaceutical company you never want to release your propietary information because then others can duplicate it.
    Yeah, I saw that part on the data page also.

But, the data page also states that the X-Men could use their medicines that way, and Beast would be willing to consider it.

Thank you for the answer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

Considering what Beast did regarding Terra Verde...I would not put it past him.

Extraordinary Member

If Brand is out of the picture, Hank needs to start hitting on Cecelia Reyes.

I dunno, I kinda liked Beast with Brand.

Still Reyes would be better than Trilby.

Astonishing Member

Let's be honest Beast under Percy is like one step away from Dark Beast. It's the classic intellect versus empathy angle. I think we're Percy messed up was pulling the trigger on that storyline a little bit too soon I would have preferred a much slower decline of Hank's morals/sense of empathy.

1. It would have just been a more believable decline if he's gradually made more and more morally questionable decisions.

2. It also would have given Jean Grey a much longer lifespan being directly on the team her calling out beast and leaving the team shortly after the first ark pretty much signaled to the reader Beast=bad. I would have liked for them to have stretched out that tension between Jean and one of her oldest friends a little bit more.

I think it would have benefited the character for Percy to show Beast at least struggle with the moral implications of some of his decisions early on and then over the course of the story become more more comfortable working in that morally gray area. Instead what we got was a beast who was immediately comfortable working in those morally gray areas and used his intellect as a justification for said actions, I just think Percy handled Beast's "fall from grace" with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I don't have that whole series from the 2000's. I remember going into the LCS and it was already issues in and they didn't have all of them. That was the team that did my favorite run on JL ever at DC. This looks similar and by that card hopefully ape beast (or even blue wolverine beast) will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Let's be honest Beast under Percy is like one step away from Dark Beast. It's the classic intellect versus empathy angle. I think we're Percy messed up was pulling the trigger on that storyline a little bit too soon I would have preferred a much slower decline of Hank's morals/sense of empathy.

1. It would have just been a more believable decline if he's gradually made more and more morally questionable decisions.

2. It also would have given Jean Grey a much longer lifespan being directly on the team her calling out beast and leaving the team shortly after the first ark pretty much signaled to the reader Beast=bad. I would have liked for them to have stretched out that tension between Jean and one of her oldest friends a little bit more.

I think it would have benefited the character for Percy to show Beast at least struggle with the moral implications of some of his decisions early on and then over the course of the story become more more comfortable working in that morally gray area. Instead what we got was a beast who was immediately comfortable working in those morally gray areas and used his intellect as a justification for said actions, I just think Percy handled Beast's "fall from grace" with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
    100% agree. Now the rest of the time look like enablers because it’s clear as day that Hank isn’t coming from a good place anymore.

I always liked that Hank was brilliant enough and mad sciency- enough to join the Illuminati:

And that goes part and parcel with how shady he's been acting on Krakoa anyway.

Edna McCoy and her son, Henry. Happy Mother's Day.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pretty near impossible to find decent non-furry Hank pictures.
    How about these?