Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

As far as Hank's strength....I seem to recall a response to a letter in an issue of X-Factor that after Infectia kissed Hank and he went back to blue and furry and got his intellect back that his strength was on par with Thing. Then again....it is a long time since I read the issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As far as Hank's strength....I seem to recall a response to a letter in an issue of X-Factor that after Infectia kissed Hank and he went back to blue and furry and got his intellect back that his strength was on par with Thing. Then again....it is a long time since I read the issue.
    Yeah, for the X-Factor run he supposedly went from Tigra/Spider-Man strong to like, 70 tons, IIRC?

And I have no idea if he kept that, and is still a tank, or at some point settled back down to 5-10 tons ish. Since those X-Factor days, he's never really been portrayed as a 'heavy-hitter' like Colossus or Rogue, that I've seen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, for the X-Factor run he supposedly went from Tigra/Spider-Man strong to like, 70 tons, IIRC?

And I have no idea if he kept that, and is still a tank, or at some point settled back down to 5-10 tons ish. Since those X-Factor days, he's never really been portrayed as a 'heavy-hitter' like Colossus or Rogue, that I've seen.
    That's about what I thought...Human looking Hank was at 1 ton, OG furry Hank was at 5 tons, then all the monkeying around with his genetics significantly increased his strength (but diminished his intellect).

If anyone has hard copies of the old X-Factor issues and can track down that letter and response it would be appreciated. I think...but not 100% sure...it was the issue where Warren goes after the Right.

That's about what I thought...Human looking Hank was at 1 ton, OG furry Hank was at 5 tons, then all the monkeying around with his genetics significantly increased his strength (but diminished his intellect).

If anyone has hard copies of the old X-Factor issues and can track down that letter and response it would be appreciated. I think...but not 100% sure...it was the issue where Warren goes after the Right.
    I do not have those old issues, but from what I remember.....the Beast was gaining strength at the expense of his intelligence. Hank was in his human form. The more he exerted himself and/or with greater exertion, the greater his strength would grow, and the dimmer his mind became. Now, at his highest/lowest he was about 65-75 tons, but he seemed to barely be able to form cohesive sentences. When Infectia kissed him, instead of making him explode, it reversed everything, making Hank "back to normal" in his blue furry bod and I *thought* at Cl 10 strength, which was up from Cl 5 previous to this all happening.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do not have those old issues, but from what I remember.....the Beast was gaining strength at the expense of his intelligence. Hank was in his human form. The more he exerted himself and/or with greater exertion, the greater his strength would grow, and the dimmer his mind became. Now, at his highest/lowest he was about 65-75 tons, but he seemed to barely be able to form cohesive sentences. When Infectia kissed him, instead of making him explode, it reversed everything, making Hank "back to normal" in his blue furry bod and I *thought* at Cl 10 strength, which was up from Cl 5 previous to this all happening.
    That is why I am mentioning what I remember from the letters page...someone asked how strong Hank was and the response was that he was in the same class as the Thing...so when Infectia kissed him it did take him back to blue and furry...but he kept that high strength level.

Here's the letter in question (from X-Factor #42):

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I didn't really care for that era for Beast. I started out liking Simonson but I think they dropped the ball with Hank in places. I hated when they made him all gloomy and as you said dumb. I think I could have handled one or the other better but both... I almost felt someone had it in for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Here's the letter in question (from X-Factor #42):

Thank you. Tell your boss I said you get the next month off with triple pay.

I just wish more stories portrayed this strength level.

what is Hank's status with the X-Men's Krakoa society? Is he a high minister of science research or something? Is he in leadership? Given his ties to the Avengers (and, technically, Defenders), what is his take on the relationship between mutant society and humans?

sidebar: Is Trish Tilby still alive?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is Hank's status with the X-Men's Krakoa society? Is he a high minister of science research or something? Is he in leadership? Given his ties to the Avengers (and, technically, Defenders), what is his take on the relationship between mutant society and humans?

sidebar: Is Trish Tilby still alive?
    I think he's the lead of Krakoa's intelligence department or at least he self-appointed as one. Hank now is a very different character from his old self, I have to say. Percy uses him as a morally ambiguous/villianous intelligence officer kind of character. If you like him in the past, you probably won't be very fond of him now.

Ok... X-Force Beast has gone too far.... Surely, something happened to him to make him this morally corrupt. It’s got to be secretly Dark Beast again, right? I miss the old Hank...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Ok... X-Force Beast has gone too far.... Surely, something happened to him to make him this morally corrupt. It’s got to be secretly Dark Beast again, right? I miss the old Hank...
    Agreed he's literally in Super villain territory at this point I hope that there are some serious repercussions for his actions in this issue.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

A Beast thread...yessssssss!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

We must away! We must par-tay!" Still gets me every time!

Beast hasn’t done anything wrong.