Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

The NHL is pausing its season through Christmas Day.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It looks like both the NHL and the NHLPA have agreed to forgo participating in the 2022 Winter Olympics. Article Link.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Penguins have put 6 players into the Covid protocols.

Check out this story about a staffer for the Vancouver Canucks. Brian "Red" Hamilton might just've had his life saved by a fan who noticed a mole on the back of his neck. Article Link
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 01-22-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

One highly entertaining comeback because the Maple Leafs failed to defend a 3-0 lead and 4-1 lead since the Avalanche soul crushed the hapless Maple Leafs 5-4 in overtime.
    A glorious choke job by the Maple Leafs.
    I become an Avalanche fan because of the great goalie Patrick Roy.

A good debut for Fleury with the Blackhawks since my Blackhawks defeated the Golden Knights 2-1 in Las Vegas.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I'm amazed that the Flames easily defeated the high-scoring Panthers 5-1 in Calgary because I didn't see them winning by that amount, and holding the Panthers to 1 goal.
    A great win for the Flames that scored a variety of ways, and I noticed from highlights the Flames have a great celebration that is fire shot out when the Flames score a goal.

January 17, 2022, is a historic day for the San Jose Sharks because Timo Meier became the first San Jose Shark player to score 5 goals in 1 game. The Sharks easily defeated the Kings 6-2.

Omg the Flyers are awful.

Hall of Famer Clark Gillies, who was part of the New York Islanders dynasty that won four straight Stanley Cups, has passed away.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Omg the Flyers are awful.
    Eleven straight losses after today, and that’s on top of a ten game skid earlier. Clearly firing head coach Alain Vigneault didn’t spark the Flyers as they’ve fully gone down the toilet.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Robin Herman, the first female sportswriter to gain access to NHL locker rooms, has passed away.

Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask has announced his retirement.

AAAA1st15.jpg

Mike Bossy, one of the key players that led the New York Islanders to four straight Stanley Cups, has passed away.

Guy Lafleur, who won 5 Stanley Cups and became a legendary player with the Montreal Canadiens, has passed away.

The Detroit Red Wings have fired coach Jeff Blashill after seven seasons.

That triple overtime game between the Ranger and the Penguins was insane. Back up goalie having to come into the game in the second overtime stone cold and just stops the Rangers cold while the Pens manage to get one by the goalie who is a lock to win the Vezina this year.

There is no more exciting game in American pro sports than sudden death overtime hockey in the playoffs. MLB Extra innings, NBA and NFL overtime are lame by comparison, they lack the tension and excitement of NHL playoff overtime where every second of play matters and the game can end at any moment on any play.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato