Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, looks like defensemen from BOTH teams decided to stay at the hotel yesterday. Meanwhile, kudos to Scott Laughton for notching the hat trick.
    Question: are they playing Giroux at centre or wing? I know that Giroux played wing with Couturier for a bit last season. Is Giroux the winger on the line with Hayes?

As much as it pains me to say it, so far the Toronto Maple Leafs are the best team in the North Division. UGH! I can't avoid the sheer amount of Leafs fanboys just gushing about their supremacy. Leafs fanboys are just the worst!

Also: what is going on with the New York Rangers? I get the whole Tony DeAngelo fiasco, but I am trying to figure out what happened between last season and this one. They even added first overall pick, Lefreniere, into the line-up.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Speaking of teams not doing so good: Buffalo Sabres. I cannot understand what this team needs. It's got a few really terrific players that should be able to score, they have a pretty solid defence core as far as I'm concerned, led by Dahlin. Their goaltending isn't that bad.

Why can't this team put it together?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like my Flyers will come out COVID lockdown and resume their schedule tomorrow. I'm sure that has the suits at NBC happier than a bunch of kids in a candy store as the network's been pushing their outdoor game against Boston in Lake Tahoe on Sunday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looks like my Flyers will come out COVID lockdown and resume their schedule tomorrow. I'm sure that has the suits at NBC happier than a bunch of kids in a candy store as the network's been pushing their outdoor game against Boston in Lake Tahoe on Sunday.
    I heard a bunch of Flyers will be unavailable, including Giroux and Voracek.

The Lake Tahoe twinbill is shaping up to be a disaster for both the NHL and NBC. Today's Vegas-Colorado game had to be paused after the first period when strong sunshine mucked up the ice, as a result, they'll resume playing at midnight while tomorrow's Flyers-Bruins game will be moved from 2 p.m. to 7:30. For NBC which heavily promoted the games, they're in a bind, especially with the Sunday game, will they preempt their prime time programming to show that matchup?

arfguy: You're right, Giroux and Voracek are out.

Once again, the Flyers crapped the bed, losing yet again to Boston 7-3, and last night's game was a train wreck. The Bruins turned a 2-2 tie after the first period into a slaughter with four second period goals, chasing Carter Hart (for the second time against Boston), highlighted by a hat trick by David Pastrnak. It was just ugly all around.

Once again, the Flyers crapped the bed, losing yet again to Boston 7-3, and last night's game was a train wreck. The Bruins turned a 2-2 tie after the first period into a slaughter with four second period goals, chasing Carter Hart (for the second time against Boston), highlighted by a hat trick by David Pastrnak. It was just ugly all around.
    At least they didn't have to go through the same kind of ice issues Colorado vs. Vegas did, eh?

I find the Flyers perplexing. It seemed like they came out of the gates with fire, but seems to have cooled down considerably. They are winning against New York Rangers, from what I saw last...but it's still a close game, from the score.

Also: Montreal Canadiens fire coach Claude Julien. The Canadiens seem like too talented a team to be doing so poorly. It seemed clear that the team wasn't responding to the coach. I am interested in seeing what happens with this team next.

Right now, I'm watching one of the most boring hockey games ever. Calgary Flames vs. Toronto Maple Leafs and it's 0-0.

LAME!!!

Well, the Flyers righted the ship with a 4-3 win over the Rangers last night, despite a hat trick by Chris Kreider. I think I read or heard somewhere that the Flyers leads the league in most hat tricks allowed, not too terribly surprising since it seems like Boston's David Pastrnak notches one every time he plays Philly. As for the Flyers being perplexing, they've had players in and out of the lineup because of the virus, and they still don't have Jake Voracek, I guess they'll get better once the roster is fully intact.

Watching the Sabres losing to the Flyers right now is so painful. I have no idea what this Sabres team needs. It's unfortunate that Jack Eichel is not in the line-up, but the whole team seems lethargic. There are so many impressive parts to this Sabres roster, but no one seems to be playing with any purpose. Eric Staal was supposed to provide this team some veteran leadership, but he looks invisible. Taylor Hall has been completely ineffective this game. Dahlin is trying, you can tell...but his efforts aren't leading to good things.

Someone posted a comment on a video of Cale Makar's skating prowess, citing Makar is what the Sabres fans thought they were getting with Dahlin. That one bothered me a lot. I take absolutely nothing away from Makar when I say that Dahlin could be just as good. I just don't see that happening with the current Sabres team. Something about the Colorado system provokes players to compete every game. Call it culture, call it a strong team, call it what you will...but Sakic has put together a team that seems to play well every game.

I just don't see that with the Sabres. That, in turn, appears to be affecting Dahlin's confidence. There's no doubt in my mind that if the Sabres team starts winning, Dahlin will remind everyone why he was picked first overall.

Right now? Dahlin can't change the losing ways of this listless Buffalo team, who just lost 3-0 to the Flyers.

My Flyers notched back to back 3-0 shutouts of the Sabres over the weekend. Brian Elliott blanked Buffalo on Saturday while Carter Hart got the clean sheet on Sunday. In all the years I've followed the Orange and Black, I've never seen that happen before, but, I must say that was definitely welcome.

What a disappointing couple of games. My Oilers lost consecutive games via shutout by the Leafs. If you're Canadian and a fan of any team that is not the Leafs, you basically have to deal with an insufferable fanbase. Annoying AF.

Unfortunately, the Oilers did jack squat to help the Leafs nation eat humble pie, which is why it is so disappointing. When your entire offence is being produced by two guys and no one else steps up, it is easy for other teams to zero in on those two and shutout the team.

I have no idea why no one else on the Oilers seem to take it upon themselves to make things happen, but if Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl aren't driving the bus, everyone else seem lost and uninterested.

Just utterly disappointing.

My Flyers were punked by Pittsburgh 5-2 last night, and that was with Sid Crosby out of the lineup. URGH!

Meanwhile, Zdeno Chara is back in Boston tonight for the first time since signing with Washington in the offseason. It's scoreless halfway through the second period.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    What a disappointing couple of games. My Oilers lost consecutive games via shutout by the Leafs. If you're Canadian and a fan of any team that is not the Leafs, you basically have to deal with an insufferable fanbase. Annoying AF.

Unfortunately, the Oilers did jack squat to help the Leafs nation eat humble pie, which is why it is so disappointing. When your entire offence is being produced by two guys and no one else steps up, it is easy for other teams to zero in on those two and shutout the team.

I have no idea why no one else on the Oilers seem to take it upon themselves to make things happen, but if Connor McDavid or Leon Draisaitl aren't driving the bus, everyone else seem lost and uninterested.

Just utterly disappointing.

Dude your fan base is annoying as hell as well. go over to hfboards and every Edmonton thread is a Matthews bash fest. It's open season on leafs fans over there. Matthews has activated god mode and he's better than drai and it's not even really close. Drai is a 70 point centre at best with no mcdavid.

Now having said all that, I can say my teams can base is awful as well. I'm not pretending it's not. Edmonton just had this weird inferiority complex when it comes to the leafs. It's weird. It's not like we have been any good until recently. Still it is really nice to see Matthew's stomp the crap out of you guys game after game lol.

Also, I'm not posting this to be a jerk, it's more playful than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Dude your fan base is annoying as hell as well. go over to hfboards and every Edmonton thread is a Matthews bash fest. It's open season on leafs fans over there. Matthews has activated god mode and he's better than drai and it's not even really close. Drai is a 70 point centre at best with no mcdavid.

Now having said all that, I can say my teams can base is awful as well. I'm not pretending it's not. Edmonton just had this weird inferiority complex when it comes to the leafs. It's weird. It's not like we have been any good until recently. Still it is really nice to see Matthew's stomp the crap out of you guys game after game lol.

Also, I'm not posting this to be a jerk, it's more playful than anything else.
    Not to worry...I don't take it personally

As an Oilers fan living in the Toronto, every story about Auston Matthews just feels forced fed. Connor McDavid is a spectacular player, but I have no illusions that he does everything so much better than others. In my honest opinion: Leon Draisaitl is actually the best player on that team.

Auston Matthews is a fantastic player, but let's be honest: he is nowhere close to being the best player in the game right now. Toronto media just seems to have to have the best in the NHL. There is no taking away as to what the Leafs are accomplishing this season. Every game I watch, you can tell that they are the better team on most nights. Their game has changed so much from years before that they are a legitimate Stanley Cup contender this season. I honestly believe that.

Like I said: as an Oilers fan, it was so disappointing to watch the Oilers lose those three games. If they put up a fight and lost, I would have zero problems. The Oilers laid a turd each and every single game and there's no getting around it.

Let's face it, though: there are a lot of moronic fans out there and Oilers fans are no different!

Hockey is a funny game. Two nights ago, my Flyers were whacked 5-2 by Pittsburgh which didn't have Sidney Crosby in the lineup. Tonight, Philly is down 3-0 early in the first, but storm back to win 4-3, WITH Crosby on the ice. Go figure.