Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Man...the Colorado Avalanche are just running away with it, aren't they? This is a team that looks like the next Stanley Cup Champion.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don't know what's wrong with my Flyers who were an absolute dumpster fire in March, getting lit up like a Christmas tree almost nightly, capped off by getting blown out by the Sabres who had lost something like 100 games in a row a few nights ago. Hopefully, things will turn around in April, things damn sure can't get any worse.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If you had to choose one player to win the Hart trophy this season, who would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    If you had to choose one player to win the Hart trophy this season, who would it be?
    While Kane, Crosby, and Matthews are having great seasons ... McDavid is a shoe-in at this point.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    While Kane, Crosby, and Matthews are having great seasons ... McDavid is a shoe-in at this point.
    With all due respect, I feel that Kane would have won it if the Hawks managed to maintain their pace. The man is still unbelievably good.

However, it would be too big a mistake to not give it to McDavid this season, given that the Oilers will most likely make the playoffs, McDavid having an unreal season and the Oilers offence is basically barren without McDavid & Draisaitl.

All right: Calder trophy favourite?

Well, my Flyers were officially eliminated from the playoffs after a loss to New Jersey Thursday. URGH! On top of that, goalie Carter Hart was shut down for the rest of the season due to a knee injury. Double URGH! What a miserable season this has been!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, my Flyers were officially eliminated from the playoffs after a loss to New Jersey Thursday. URGH! On top of that, goalie Carter Hart was shut down for the rest of the season due to a knee injury. Double URGH! What a miserable season this has been!
    I was so shocked when I saw that. At some point, I lost track of how poorly the Flyers were doing. I thought they were still in it even as of two days ago.

Crazy season. They are also in a pretty tough division.

I was so shocked when I saw that. At some point, I lost track of how poorly the Flyers were doing. I thought they were still in it even as of two days ago.

Crazy season. They are also in a pretty tough division.
    Saw a stat during last night's loss to New Jersey where the Flyers were in first place in their division back in early March, then they just plain nosedived and never recovered. It's perplexing as sin. While I doubt Alain Vigneault will pay for the collapse with his job, I suspect he might be on the hot seat for next season, as for the roster, I don't believe the talent is there, at present, I'm leaning towards blowing it up if the team fails to make the postseason.

Saw a stat during last night's loss to New Jersey where the Flyers were in first place in their division back in early March, then they just plain nosedived and never recovered. It's perplexing as sin. While I doubt Alain Vigneault will pay for the collapse with his job, I suspect he might be on the hot seat for next season, as for the roster, I don't believe the talent is there, at present, I'm leaning towards blowing it up if the team fails to make the postseason.
    It is genuinely mystifying how a team with the likes of Giroux, Voracek, Konecny, Couturier, Provarov, and so many players can be seen as not having enough talent. As an Oilers fan, I would practically saw off my left arm to get a guy like Giroux playing for my team.

On a different topic: I don't know if anyone saw what happened between the Capitals and the Rangers tonight, but: it's time for Tom Wilson to be banned from the NHL. His kind of bullshit is not needed in the NHL. **** that guy.

It is genuinely mystifying how a team with the likes of Giroux, Voracek, Konecny, Couturier, Provarov, and so many players can be seen as not having enough talent. As an Oilers fan, I would practically saw off my left arm to get a guy like Giroux playing for my team.
    Last night, my Flyers curbstomped Pittsburgh 7-2, and that made me ANGRY! Why? Because I kept wondering where that team was back in April when they went in the tank and fell out of the playoff race. Damned frustrating!

Last night, my Flyers curbstomped Pittsburgh 7-2, and that made me ANGRY! Why? Because I kept wondering where that team was back in April when they went in the tank and fell out of the playoff race. Damned frustrating!
    And tonight? The other way around.

I understand that Carter Hart had a bit of an underwhelming season when everyone expected him to take the next step, but I still don't get this Flyers team.

The Carolina Hurricanes had been slowly building a contender the last three to five years. Now? Man, they look strong and ready to challenge any and all teams in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. I want nothing more than to see my Oilers win the Cup this year, but I don't think they are built well enough to make a deep run. They may win a series or two, but against the complete teams out there, I think they are really outmatched.

Having said that, I would love to see a Carolina vs. Colorado Stanley Cup Finals.

With all due respect, I feel that Kane would have won it if the Hawks managed to maintain their pace. The man is still unbelievably good.

However, it would be too big a mistake to not give it to McDavid this season, given that the Oilers will most likely make the playoffs, McDavid having an unreal season and the Oilers offence is basically barren without McDavid & Draisaitl.

All right: Calder trophy favourite?
    Kaprizov is the definite favorite but Robertson has really poured it on lately IMHO.

Still say Kaprizov.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And tonight? The other way around.

I understand that Carter Hart had a bit of an underwhelming season when everyone expected him to take the next step, but I still don't get this Flyers team.
    I was not at all surprised at last night's outcome. I'm guessing Pittsburgh's head coach Mike Sullivan tore his team a new one after Monday's debacle because the Pens came out on fire last night, skating rings around the Flyers. In the opening minutes of the game, I knew Philly would be in for a LONG night, and I was right. Oh, by the by, last night was Brian Elliott's 500th NHL start, hardly an auspicious outing as he was shelled by the Pens. URGH!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Kaprizov is the definite favorite but Robertson has really poured it on lately IMHO.

Still say Kaprizov.
    Kaprizov is definitely my pick. He is easily one of the most exciting players this season and it seems as though his presence was a big part of Minnesota qualifying for the playoffs.

Anyone else completely blown away by how strong of a team Carolina Hurricanes are?

What a night for my Edmonton Oilers. Connor McDavid gets 1G 3A for four points to get to 100 points in 53 games. Incredible stuff.

Obviously completely overshadowed that Leon Draisaitl got 500 points tonight, as well. Adam Larsson played in his 600th game.