Default Deathbird Appreciation 2021

"I was first-born of the Aerie -- and I was born cursed with a berserker fury that tempted me to commit the sin of sins! I killed, Ms. Marvel. One of my own kind! One of my sisters! As I shall now kill you!"
    - Deathbird

Who is Deathbird?
    Deathbird is one of the X-Men's most prominent female villains.

Like the X-Men's most famous female baddie, Mystique, Deathbird first appeared in the pages of Ms. Marvel. She was stranded on Earth and sought a way back to the Aerie (now called Chandilar), home of the Shi'Ar Imperium.

A fearsome fighter, Deathbird is a bird of prey who uses her sharp talons, bladed wings, and an arsenal of weapons (mostly javelins). She also has superhuman strength, durability, and keen senses that rival Wolverine's.

Mother Mayhem
    Deathbird killed her own mother, one of the reasons for her exile. However, Deathbird may be the mother of several characters, including:
    • Black Light, a very obscure member of the Imperial Guard who called Deathbird his mother.
    • White Noise, Black Light's sister.
    • Deathcry, implied to be Deathbird's daughter.
    • Lifeguard, a former X-Man. One entry in Destiny's Diaries list her to be "Mothered by War," a hint to Deathbird's role as war.
    • Vulcan's Baby, the only confirmed child of Deathbird. However, this plot has been sort of dropped, so who knows what became of this baby.

Deathbird Digest
    Deathbird is a major X-Villain, but here are some little known facts about the winged warrior woman:

1. Deathbird's real name, Cal'syee Neramani, was first revealed in Age of Apocalypse, in Gambit and the X-Ternals #2.
    2. Deathbird's first few appearances had her working alongside MODOK while she searched for a way home. She's also partnered with the Brood in the past.
    3. Not exactly little known, but Deathbird and Bishop have a very sordid history with each other. She sort of Annie Wilkes'd him. They now hate each other.
    4. Deathbird has flip-flopped between wanting to rule the Shi'Ar Empire and not wanting the responsibilities that come with it.
    5. In the 90's, Deathbird served as the Praetor of the Shi'Ar Starforce.
    6. Deathbird has a weird history with forceful kissing. Hawkeye forced a kiss on her in one of her earliest appearances, then Deathbird forced a kiss on Xavier years later. She also kissed Captain America's unconscious body. She's kind of a creeper, but maybe she thinks that's what humans do since Hawkeye did it to her first.

Great synopsis of Deathbird!

Where is she these days? We need a new story arc with Deathbird and see her face off against some powerful heroes.

But what about her wrist javelins? Those were so unique and powerful. Return the wrist javelins!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Great synopsis of Deathbird!

Where is she these days? We need a new story arc with Deathbird and see her face off against some powerful heroes.

But what about her wrist javelins? Those were so unique and powerful. Return the wrist javelins!
    She's currently advising Xandra who is serving as Majestrix of the Shi'Ar. She's going to be in the next issue of X-Men. Hopefully she'll return to her more villainous roots soon, because as cute as it is to see her manhandle Sunspot, she should be a serious threat to the X-Men.

Love her wrist javelins! She had a strong, electric version she used against Ms. Marvel back in the day that were said to be strong enough to kill any human, but she hasn't used those in a long time.

Incredible Member

Let's see, Deathbird's children:

* Black Light
    * White Noise
    * Deathcry
    * Lifeguard
    * Slipstream
    * Vulcan's child

And hopefully Aliya Bishop will be canonized.

So, who would win in a fight, Deathbird's Clutch or Mystique's Brood?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's currently advising Xandra who is serving as Majestrix of the Shi'Ar. She's going to be in the next issue of X-Men. Hopefully she'll return to her more villainous roots soon, because as cute as it is to see her manhandle Sunspot, she should be a serious threat to the X-Men.

Love her wrist javelins! She had a strong, electric version she used against Ms. Marvel back in the day that were said to be strong enough to kill any human, but she hasn't used those in a long time.
    Those were my favorites! I believe she used two and when she touched the points together, a powerful electric bolt was generated.

Deathbird is such a (good) villainess!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Deathbird looked great in X-Men #17, but I'm not sure how I feel about her relationship with Sunspot. I guess if the relationship is purely sexual, it's not too bad. He just seems kind of young for her. Not to mention, why would the X-Men be okay with him shacking up with such a prominent enemy?

Hate her. Sunspot should be with Amara.

Deathbird looked great in X-Men #17, but I'm not sure how I feel about her relationship with Sunspot. I guess if the relationship is purely sexual, it's not too bad. He just seems kind of young for her. Not to mention, why would the X-Men be okay with him shacking up with such a prominent enemy?
    Exactly. Plus, I would think with all of the aliens and alien worlds Deathbird has visited, she would be more interested in them, than in someone from Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly. Plus, I would think with all of the aliens and alien worlds Deathbird has visited, she would be more interested in them, than in someone from Terra.
    Deathbird has hooked up with a few mutants Vulcan, Bishop (alternate reality) and now Sunspot.

Also having a mutant hooking up with one of the main advisors of the half mutant ruling the Shi'ar makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-27-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Deathbird has hooked up with a few mutants Vulcan, Bishop (alternate reality) and now Sunspot.

Also having a mutant hooking up with one of the main advisors of the half mutant ruling the Shi'ar makes a lot of sense.

Did sunspot hook up with deathbird