Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Isca "wins" because that's her power: to always win. Darwin's power is survival, which is not the same as winning. Given the rules, he would lose and "die" but he would also survive. He's already "died" before when he, Vulcan, Petra, and Sway first encountered Krakoa, because he lost his physical form to survive. His body converted to pure energy and bonded with Vulcan, who stayed in stasis for years.

I'm actually more curious how things would work out if you put Isca in a deathmatch against another Omega level mutant like one of the several reality warpers (could they alter reality to a point where her powers wouldn't work or would her powers pre-emptively create a situation that would prevent that from happening?) or even against a cosmic being like Galactus.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm actually more curious how things would work out if you put Isca in a deathmatch against another Omega level mutant like one of the several reality warpers (could they alter reality to a point where her powers wouldn't work or would her powers pre-emptively create a situation that would prevent that from happening?) or even against a cosmic being like Galactus.
    This makes me wonder if at some point Isca doesn't become a reality warper herself. I mean if she faced someone who was holding the Ultimate Nullifier at sufficient distance that he/she could use it against her, how does she win in that instance without bending the laws of physics and reality itself?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This makes me wonder if at some point Isca doesn't become a reality warper herself. I mean if she faced someone who was holding the Ultimate Nullifier at sufficient distance that he/she could use it against her, how does she win in that instance without bending the laws of physics and reality itself?
    She would simply change sides. Ultimately, Isca’s only power is cowardice. She always backs down from a fight she cannot win.

Darwin would adapt to losing and that's it.

Sorry, I just think that she would get on her knees to serve Darwin. It’s laughable to compare this woman to Galactus or to the Scarlet Witch. She’s nothing.

Who has Isca beaten? The Exploding Boy? Anyone else? Psylocke had a spell cast upon her. Isca defeated Magik and Gorgon at some parlour games. What else?

What does Isca have but a good poker face and the power of supernatural forfeit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What if a stalemate comes down to Darwin and Isca simply having sex instead?
    their baby would be the most powerful mutant most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    She would simply change sides. Ultimately, Isca’s only power is cowardice. She always backs down from a fight she cannot win.
    How would she change sides when she's about to be permanently removed from existence, a fate worse than death? Besides, just because Isca changes her mind doesn't mean that the parties opposing her have to change theirs.

I'm going to guess that there are some scenarios where Isca can't "win", no matter what her powers are -- unless she can warp reality. Keep the Reality gem far, far away from this one.

How would she change sides when she's about to be permanently removed from existence, a fate worse than death? Besides, just because Isca changes her mind doesn't mean that the parties opposing her have to change theirs.

I'm going to guess that there are some scenarios where Isca can't "win", no matter what her powers are -- unless she can warp reality. Keep the Reality gem far, far away from this one.
    It’s involuntary. She has no choice but to change her mind. She is not a loyal person. That’s her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    It’s involuntary. She has no choice but to change her mind. She is not a loyal person. That’s her power.
    My point remains, just because she changes her mind -- voluntarily or not -- doesn't mean that the people that oppose her automatically agree to let her join their side. It's not a win if people are shooting at you and you try to join their side by turning your own gun on yourself.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

My point remains, just because she changes her mind -- voluntarily or not -- doesn't mean that the people that oppose her automatically agree to let her join their side. It's not a win if people are shooting at you and you try to join their side by turning your own gun on yourself.
    You are mistaken in how this works, People are explaining as she is switching sides while that is technically what is happening . A better way of explaining it is she just walks away from the situation which means "She" didn't lose the fight. Isca doesn't have to win, "She"(Herself) just doesn't have to lose the situation. Which is what she did in X of Swords her side lost the fight but she removed herself from being a part of them so she didn't lose. You have created a scenario for a person whose powers is to go

1. Can I win, yes. Okay I win

2a. Can I win No, Okay, I can draw, Okay fine I draw
    2b.Can I win No, Okay, I can switch sides, Okay I switch sides
    2c. Can I win No, Okay can I walk away, Okay I just walk from this mess

3. Can I win, No, Okay I will never start the fight

Her power is basically a writer creating a way out for her it is similar to how Superman or Batman never gets into a situation where killing is the right thing to do. This a character where you are suppose to "imagine" how the character always gets out of the situation with out losing. It is pointless to set up a scenario like this because it will never happen in the comics because her power is literally to avoid scenario where she loses.

The only way Isca dies in a scenario

-if you take away her powers and then kill her
    -A Being that is way more powerful than her comes along and she decides not to fight(which means technically she didn't lose) but the being destroys the area

Spectacular Member

based on the fact that it seems Isca's powers gives her knowledge or instinct on what she should do in order to "win" like her being able to tag Pogg's back while blindfolded, I could see that if the condition is to win is having to kill Darwin then she will feel the compulsion or even knowledge of where to find some power dampeners to kill Darwin. now we also don't really know how much Isca has to win, like would she be able to refuse challenges, cause if they get put into a situation that has only them in a closed area then I can see Isca just not accepting the condition or changing the condition for her to win the challenge into win for survival, in which case she'll find a way to prevent Darwin from killing her instead.

So Isca's mutant power is "to not lose", which any competitor at any level can tell you is not the same thing as "to win." Got it.

BANNED

Have you also noticed that her opponents never object to her switch. Like a second ago she was trying to kill them now she is on their side and no one objects they even welcome her. Seems to me that her power runs much much deeper than simply switching sides. She might be warping the reality of the people she is going even if subtly