Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I enjoyed it (I didn't think I'd like the concept). I'm down for a return.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I thought it was a fun take on Robin so I don't mind a possible return.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would like to see the characters again, but I don't think we need to bring the concept back.

Astonishing Member

Are they child soldiers?

There is a reason why Boy Commandoes has not been revived.

No, robin is a child soldier. We Are Robin is sort of like a gang that dresses up in Robin motifs.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Are they child soldiers?

There is a reason why Boy Commandoes has not been revived.
    Robin is a child soldier. We are Robin is a youth movement.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Expanding on that, when someone becomes Robin, they gain access to Bruce's shocking wealth and network of allies and experience. We are Robin is one of the few plausible Bat-adjacent concepts that can remain cash-strapped, on the streets, solving low-level problems, and working without a safety net. They can't call in their Titan friends, they don't have a buddy cop, there's no signal watch, there's no cave full of gadgets. It's really cool
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

The concept kind of lives on in Duke even if he's not wearing Robin colors any more.

I get why it appeals to people but I think it dilutes the actual Robin to have a group like this out there. Maybe if Damian legitimately stopped being Robin or the identity wasn't being used at all.

Well Damian sort of is drifting away from being Robin. Right now he doesn't work with Bruce and his colors have changed. Some people even think he might be Redx (which won't happen). He could easily become something else. I really think we are reaching the perfect moment to solidify We Are Robin, and I agree that it probably doesn't work if there is already a Robin working with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well Damian sort of is drifting away from being Robin. Right now he doesn't work with Bruce and his colors have changed. Some people even think he might be Redx (which won't happen). He could easily become something else. I really think we are reaching the perfect moment to solidify We Are Robin, and I agree that it probably doesn't work if there is already a Robin working with Batman.
    It seems like Damian is taking back the Robin identity on his own terms, complete with the new, different, costume.

I know, and that's why I'm saying that he is itching away from the Robin identity. His suit isn't even red yellow green and black anymore. So if there was a time to introduce a gang (i still prefer to call them this rather than a movement) it would be when the Damian no longer wears the colors and doesn't work with Bruce in Gotham.

I know, and that's why I'm saying that he is itching away from the Robin identity. His suit isn't even red yellow green and black anymore. So if there was a time to introduce a gang (i still prefer to call them this rather than a movement) it would be when the Damian no longer wears the colors and doesn't work with Bruce in Gotham.
    I'm gonna be real, I lowkey prefer referring to them as a gang myself; especially with how they were dealt with during Robin War. The already could have The Narrows be their turf, which would explain why they are allowed to cook because that's Signal's territory, and I'm sure Bruce would allow them to slide so long as Duke is vouching for them and keeping an eye out.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-21-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would like to see the characters again, but I don't think we need to bring the concept back.
    That's where I am. I liked quite a few of the characters and would love to see them, but the entire execution was just problematic. Firstly because Alfred doing that made him a person deliberately endangering untrained youth.

Secondly
    We are Robin was not a youth movement - it was orchestrated by an old man. If it had been a genuine youth movement, with the all the initiative and proactivenness being from the youth, I might have liked it better. Particularly if it had been (and remained) a movement divorced from the Batfam and without their influence (obviously, the name wouldn't hold then). Understand, I do not like Batman as the "King of Gotham" and don't really think he should have any say in who operates there (and thus does not need to give permission, blessing or training to them and cannot forbid anyone else from acting or make metas leave). Although, of course, he could take in those acting against his creed and let the law deal with them (providing they violate the law, which they would be). So, as you may guess, I much preferred Steph when she was an independent hero, too.

We Are Robin and Clownhunter are natural response to the increasingly stupid amount of death and violence in Gotham. So yes.
    Well, I'm on-record with not liking "cess-pit" Gotham that never improves and the mass deaths and violence and events, so that's not a huge pull for me. I do admit, though, that it does not seem these things are going away.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-25-2021 at 02:50 PM.

. . . We Are Robin has the same fundamental appeal but without any of the ethical issues. They are protecting their own neighborhoods and act just like the other gangs, except without guns. It seems to me like the perfect solution. Bruce bears no responsibility for them.
    I wonder if any of them may be living in Catwoman's Alleytown section these days?