Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think he's even close. But he is a poorly developed protagonist who is difficult to like, which is its own issue.

Buuuuut, this isn't Supes forum and this has been rehashed numerous times already even there, so we can probably just agree that neither of us like it and leave it at that
    Good enough for me...

...Although it was pretty close.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

And in the Superman forum as well

I've only glanced at his Nightwing and haven't read it in too much depth, but it seems to be coasting by on great art and Batfam tumblr bait. Which may be a breath of fresh air after the whole Ric nonsense, but who knows how long that will sustain it.

If Seeley had more creative freedom and and that art team, I think it'd smoke whatever Taylor is doing.
    Well, I'm the weirdo who says the best thing that happened to "totes worse than Gotham, believe us" Bludhaven was when they dropped Chemo-Man on it and liked Dick best when they made him a spy.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, I'm the weirdo who says the best thing that happened to "totes worse than Gotham, believe us" Bludhaven was when they dropped Chemo-Man on it and liked Dick best when they made him a spy.
    I hate it so much, blow it up again and set our boy free

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

And in the Superman forum as well

I've only glanced at his Nightwing and haven't read it in too much depth, but it seems to be coasting by on great art and Batfam tumblr bait. Which may be a breath of fresh air after the whole Ric nonsense, but who knows how long that will sustain it.

If Seeley had more creative freedom and and that art team, I think it'd smoke whatever Taylor is doing.
    I was going through my tom taylor phase. But in my case it was in favor of WW

Well. Gaius and Guy_McNichts must be like'' i knew it'' With DarkKnightsOfSteel issue number 5. tom taylor did it again. WW is yet again a pushoever that anybody can beat. pouson ivy is said to be able to kill her. It didn't take him that long to trash Diana yet again.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well. Gaius and Guy_McNichts must be like'' i knew it'' With DarkKnightsOfSteel issue number 5. tom taylor did it again. WW is yet again a pushoever that anybody can beat. pouson ivy is said to be able to kill her. It didn't take him that long to trash Diana yet again.
    Yeah she can kick a tree in half but can't break loose from some vines...

Please leave me out of this.

Overall I think the issue is while yes we have other female heroes but the majority of them are connected to male heroes. I feel like Many writers don't like that Diana is technically in a man's world. She is the biggest female hero and is suppose to be around the same level as Superman. However, due to lack of them having her villains be powerful the writers can do whatever

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall I think the issue is while yes we have other female heroes but the majority of them are connected to male heroes. I feel like Many writers don't like that Diana is technically in a man's world. She is the biggest female hero and is suppose to be around the same level as Superman. However, due to lack of them having her villains be powerful the writers can do whatever
    subconsciously sexist. That's how it is called.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Are some reading the issue? Where was she beaten? Where was she almost killed? She was very clearly breaking through vines and is going up against someone who is more connected to the Earth than Di.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Are some reading the issue? Where was she beaten? Where was she almost killed? She was very clearly breaking through vines and is going up against someone who is more connected to the Earth than Di.
    Don't worry. We all saw her struggling to free herself from the vines.

Extraordinary Member

Don't we already have an all-encompassing thread for this? Did this one really need to be revived?
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-08-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I wouldn't call them Superman fans, but there are many toxic places like youtube or quora, where people use Superman and Wonder Woman to prove a point in their own minds. And that point is often blatant sexism. And DC and WB itself is big in putting fabases up against each other, and to make matters worse it seems very often like as if Superman being present in a story is a bad omen for Wonder Woman, at least in the past. But to use another character as example, they sometimes use Wonder Woman to prop up Aquaman, but they never fully commit to make Aquaman a powerhouse that anyone truly thinks he could hang around kryptonians or green lanterns for example, and the equal-power fights of Wonder Woman and Aquaman make both more often than not look silly. That has brought the fan-bases up against each other on some places already, especially the toxic places, there is even a very infamous very long comment on quora from an Aquaman fan trying to prove Aquaman's superiority over Wonder Woman with lots of very angry reactions, although to be fair that comment is quite disingenious and would never hold up regardless of which characters get compared to each other, but DC and WB still kind of started that.

I don't think Tom Taylor is a sexist, but that Superman is the big bad, and Wonder Woman kind of the true evil just in all-around more pathetic makes a bias not unlikely. Even though it is clear that he likes Batman more than Superman too.
    Actually, Taylor favorite characters is Superman and Lois, but yeah history shows he has a strong preference to Batman.

Looiks like people are starting to see this writer's bias against WW.

https://twitter.com/hawk738/status/1548447448250560512

Looiks like people are starting to see this writer's bias against WW.

https://twitter.com/hawk738/status/1548447448250560512
    Sadly Dc keeps rewarding him. He gets to write several books and gets a special contract.