Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Apparently, as I understand, the heroes found a cure for zombie virus. So Hippolyta and the Amazons are back to normal and have only just found out about Diana's death, so this will indeed be her they're mourning and not Cassie.

I'm calling it right now: this is going to be so cringe. Painfully so.

I know Taylor has actually defended the one-punch death on Twitter as a noble and heroic sacrifice, and from what I've seen, he's very petty about online comments. What are the odds he uses this funeral-or-whatever scene to insist no, really, Wonder Woman getting murdered with literally a single blow was totally heroic and saved lives?

Honestly, I almost wish it was Cassie. Because then we could roll our eyes over Taylor being Taylor. Now he's just going to rub our faces in his awful treatment of Diana.
    Forget the one-punch thing, the worst thing about those was the fact that Diana, suppossedly a tactical genius and Warrior Woman extraodinaire, decided the best strategy to fight and infectious Super-Zombie that infects via blood was to... Grab a sword and stab him and cut him. A lot. And I could have bought it if at least the story presented it as Diana being desperate and not thinking clearly, the the narration tried to pretend "it was the only way".

Also...a situation where it would actually make perfect practical sense for Diana to wear head-to-toe battle armor, and it's nowhere to be seen. Not even her screaming chicken armor.

Creators are always so eager to turn her into hardcore WARRIOR woman, and the ONE TIME it would actually be appropriate and practical for her to be........nada.

So I suppose between King's efforts and Taylor's track record, if you have "Tom" in your name then you're probably a bad WW writer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So I suppose between King's efforts and Taylor's track record, if you have "Tom" in your name then you're probably a bad WW writer.

While I haven't really read any WW stories where either of them wrote her, they're two of my favorites. That said, so is Mark Waid and I was really not a fan of his DD run. And I used to think Grant Morrison was absolutely untouchable until I read his Batman and X-Men runs (I know this is really an unpopular opinion, but I really wasn't a fan of either).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

What has King actually done with Diana again?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He did the Batman story where Diana and Bruce are trapped in a hell dimension fighting demons for hundreds of years, and Diana gets to play the role of temptress to Bruce's stalwart love of Selina.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    While I haven't really read any WW stories where either of them wrote her, they're two of my favorites. That said, so is Mark Waid and I was really not a fan of his DD run. And I used to think Grant Morrison was absolutely untouchable until I read his Batman and X-Men runs (I know this is really an unpopular opinion, but I really wasn't a fan of either).
    Not a Marvel person outside of a few characters so never read any X-Men, but Morrison's Batman is pretty much the only modern Batman I've got the time of day for.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Two-parter in his Batman run where he used her to test his loyalty to Catwoman.

And one of the stories in the 80th anniversary issue that was more about Superman in a Wonder Woman anniversary.

Extraordinary Member

Not a Marvel person outside of a few characters so never read any X-Men, but Morrison's Batman is pretty much the only modern Batman I've got the time of day for.
    Honestly? It was the few I didn't (different strokes and all that, I guess).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He did the Batman story where Diana and Bruce are trapped in a hell dimension fighting demons for hundreds of years, and Diana gets to play the role of temptress to Bruce's stalwart love of Selina.
    Two-parter in his Batman run where he used her to test his loyalty to Catwoman.

And one of the stories in the 80th anniversary issue that was more about Superman in a Wonder Woman anniversary.
    Which is ironic because if there was a DC character who was into bondage and three ways besides WW, it would be Selina Kyle.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Which is ironic because if there was a DC character who was into bondage and three ways besides WW, it would be Selina Kyle.
    Doesn't necessarily mean she'd want it to be with Diana though.

On the subject: Don’t read DC VS VAMPIRES: ALL OUT WAR #2. Vampire Wonder Woman gets owned by everybody.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    On the subject: Don’t read DC VS VAMPIRES: ALL OUT WAR #2. Vampire Wonder Woman gets owned by everybody.
    That's Rosenberg. Completely different interchangeable Bat-fanboy who writes mediocre Elseworlds.

That's Rosenberg. Completely different interchangeable Bat-fanboy who writes mediocre Elseworlds.
    Yeah, I saw that it was Rosenberg, but felt it was on topic well because...same exact outcome.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

It honestly feels like we're being trolled at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

It honestly feels like we're being trolled at this point.
    When it's DC vs. The Creature from the Black Lagoon, then we can talk.