Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Funnily enough he did seem to establish that Vampire Diana has the clay origin
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Do they kill her off?

I don't care enough to search for spoilers myself. All I'll say is if this is Vampire Di's death, that's pretty sad (but par for the course) they dropped her in one of the spin-off series and not even the main one.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 08-16-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    When it's DC vs. The Creature from the Black Lagoon, then we can talk.
    Or DC vs Werewolves

Werewolf superman would be cool cuz then he'd get his power from the moon (I know the moon reflects sunlight already but y'all know what I mean)

And Diana is named after a moon goddess, could be interesting
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Or DC vs Werewolves

Werewolf superman would be cool cuz then he'd get his power from the moon (I know the moon reflects sunlight already but y'all know what I mean)

Gonna need you stop right there, I'm a Fish.

That's way too much thought and effort going into that and not one mention of those down-to-Earth relatable trillionaires, Green Arrow and Batman.

That's way too much thought and effort going into that and not one mention of those down-to-Earth relatable trillionaires, Green Arrow and Batman.
    Oh Geez, your right. The story just isn't relatable if Batman doesn't whip out his money and make solid silver batarangs. XD

Also forgot to include Harley Quinn doing... IDK...something morally ambiguous yet will still be called a "hero".

I'd wager werewolves would be the next horror monster to decimate an Elseworlds DC universe if they go for three. Because, whatever it is, it has to turn the heroes and villains into it as well as killing them.

And if this hypothetical DC Moon Rising were to follow the pattern of its predecessors, Diana's Lasso will fail to restore a turned werewolf back to their human form for no explained reason, or she just won't think to use it (but another hero will).
    She'll then get mauled, turned into a wolf herself, and killed two issues later by Harley Quinn with laughable ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Funnily enough he did seem to establish that Vampire Diana has the clay origin
    I'm reminded Superman/Batman also referred to the clay origin...by having the villain turn Diana into mud off-panel.

Is this a Monkey's Paw thing? Did DC say, "Okay, you'll get the clay origin, but only in scenes of Diana getting her ass handed to her. Happy now?!"

They must be trolling us.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

dc vs vampire and dceased are also the same story, in the sense that both stories have WW getting trashed by mary mervel. I have to ask. Can anybody here answer. How come these writers can remember what mary marvel's powers are. But not WW's? I mean WW has powers from the Gods too. Yet she doesn't show them. But a character far less known and not iconic like WW. Her powers they can remember well? How is this possible?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-16-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

What happened to Diana in the latest DC vs. Vampires?

how many times has tom written her?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-17-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Incredible Member

As someone who likes the main series quite a lot, I find spin-off very weak outside the backups and this issue was no exception. For all its faults, the main series is a little more balanced and interesting to read. The spin-off? Is basically what Guy_McNights said the other day (overly edgylord etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    What happened to Diana in the latest DC vs. Vampires?
    She gets punched away by her natural predator in DC Apocalypse Spin-Offs: Mary Marvel. She's still alive and unhurt though.

I recon they need to give Vampire Wonder Woman Hecate powers or at least some connection. Hecate is the goddess of the night and literally created the vampires that appear in Greek Mythology. Like, 1+1 people.
    Last edited by Zagre; 08-17-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post

She gets punched away by her natural predator in DC Apocalypse Spin-Offs: Mary Marvel. She's still alive and unhurt though.

Really??? Again??? And people wonder why I among others see Wonder Woman get disrespected over and over again. First, the lasso in this series, then another beatdown by Mary Marvel. Best melee fighter my ass!!!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    As someone who likes the main series quite a lot, I find spin-off very weak outside the backups and this issue was no exception. For all its faults, the main series is a little more balanced and interesting to read. The spin-off? Is basically what Guy_McNights said the other day (overly edgylord etc etc).

I recon they need to give Vampire Wonder Woman Hecate powers or at least some connection. Hecate is the goddess of the night and literally created the vampires that appear in Greek Mythology. Like, 1+1 people.
    And these writers can remember mary's godly powers, but not WW's godly powers? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Or DC vs Werewolves

That's an interesting point. I love werewolves but I wouldn't trust DC with a werewolf story. Especially today's DC. There have been some descent werewolf stories in DC's back log but I can't recall if there were any WW stories involving werewolves.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's an interesting point. I love werewolves but I wouldn't trust DC with a werewolf story. Especially today's DC. There have been some descent werewolf stories in DC's back log but I can't recall if there were any WW stories involving werewolves.
    Perez’s Barbara Minerva was a werecat so I guess it covers the same territory.

I think the best superhero werewolf story was Swamp Thing #40