Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ha, yeah that's funny. Welcome to the internet, am I right.

I think the lesson here is, if you don't like it don't read it.
    Is this for me? I don't have a problem if the conversation of this thread.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You truly nailed it. Look at at that mary vs WW fight for example. taylor could remember that mary has the strength of hercules, the speed of mercury while beating WW. But forgot that WW herself was introduced as stronger than Hercules, faster than Mercury. He decided to treat the so called biggest, most iconic and important female hero as a jobber to a d lis*at best( character that oh what a coincidence, is the female version of an already existing male character. Many writers do this, and this is a sexist bias in my opinion. Even if they are not doing it in a conscious sense.
    Lol, yeah that was dumb. Apparently zombie Superman is unstoppable even when you come armed with kryptonite and magic but all you need to stop zombie Wonder Woman is a weekend of karate classes.

Taylor using Diana as a way to show how awesome Superman is between Injustice and DCeased has probably dampened my Superman fandom more than most stuff from Supes' main books.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Is this for me? I don't have a problem if the conversation of this thread.
    Oh no it's not targeted at you. I'm saying the lesson of this discussion thread is "if you don't like it, don't read it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Lol, yeah that was dumb. Apparently zombie Superman is unstoppable even when you come armed with kryptonite and magic but all you need to stop zombie Wonder Woman is a weekend of karate classes.

Taylor using Diana as a way to show how awesome Superman is between Injustice and DCeased has probably dampened my Superman fandom more than most stuff from Supes' main books.
    If it’s any consolation I get zero joy out of any “feats” Taylor gives because 1. I don’t care about feats and 2. It’s either Superman murdering people in Injustice or it’s followed up by him being a complete moron in DCeased. Least you got Bucceleto giving you Warcrime Woman destroying Supes in a one on one

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If it’s any consolation I get zero joy out of any “feats” Taylor gives because 1. I don’t care about feats and 2. It’s either Superman murdering people in Injustice or it’s followed up by him being a complete moron in DCeased. Least you got Bucceleto giving you Warcrime Woman destroying Supes in a one on one
    It's not so much feats (which I agree with you, those at the end of the day do not matter), it's more it he seems to think she only exists to exhibit how great Superman is. Aside from getting beaten to death by him or being a jobber, her main thing in his DCeased stuff was just either being giving a talking to by Superman about the sanctity of not killing or talking about how great Superman is for never killing anyone. And also in Injustice how he seemed to double down on her being the devil on the shoulder to possibly excuse Superman's fall by pinning it more on her rather than his own actions.

And also this

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To me everything mstters. And that includes feats. I do not need to see WW killing superman or any hero. But i would also like to not see her getting stomped by other heavy hitters as if she was a lightweight, after gettibg hyped as being such a big deal. Many writers do this. I want my WW to be not just talk about how powerful she is. I want to see her actually showing it. And be treated accordingly.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 02-04-2021 at 09:06 PM.

It's not so much feats (which I agree with you, those at the end of the day do not matter), it's more it he seems to think she only exists to exhibit how great Superman is. Aside from getting beaten to death by him or being a jobber, her main thing in his DCeased stuff was just either being giving a talking to by Superman about the sanctity of not killing or talking about how great Superman is for never killing anyone. And also in Injustice how he seemed to double down on her being the devil on the shoulder to possibly excuse Superman's fall by pinning it more on her rather than his own actions.

And also this
    Feats do matter. When a character that certain writers hype so much, ends up being the punching bag to elevate others. That is not a good look. Superman can shine with his powers, so can flash, green lantern, even a d list like mary marvel. But WW the so called most iconic female hero, the greatest warrior, the powerhouse on superman's power level and part of the "trinity" gets to be schooled by everybody? That is a no for me. It should not be difficult to allow this girl to shine in a way other than mere words in a bubble, only for her to end up as a jobber later. This attitude from many writers is getting annoying really fast.

People herec said there was no sexism or bias involved in tt's writing when it comes to WW. We'll see it. If she is portrayed as a weaklink again while being treated as eye candy and a stepping stone for BM and SM for a third time in a row under his pen.

People herec said there was no sexism or bias involved in tt's writing when it comes to WW. We'll see it. If she is portrayed as a weaklink again while being treated as eye candy and a stepping stone for BM and SM for a third time in a row under his pen.
    I mean people seem to like how he writes Black Canary and Poochie Quinn so no I wouldn't say his bad writing of her is because he's a sexist. Seems like a decent dude from interviews, social media, and what his colleagues in the industry say (including WW creatives like Nicola Scott and Gail Simone).

He just also happens to be the worst Wonder Woman writer of all time.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I mean people seem to like how he writes Black Canary and Poochie Quinn so no I wouldn't say his bad writing of her is because he's a sexist. Seems like a decent dude from interviews, social media, and what his colleagues in the industry say (including WW creatives like Nicola Scott and Gail Simone).

I guess my question to you or anyone is when do or have peers in the industry bad mouthed one another, especially within the same company? Really doesn't happen, just like actors say what a genius they are acting with etc... Until they leave the company and don't fear bridges being burned do we actually get into the 'real' feelings some may have.

Which is why i said sexism or bias. Maybe he isn't sexist, but he could be bias against her.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I guess my question to you or anyone is when do or have peers in the industry bad mouthed one another, especially within the same company? Really doesn't happen, just like actors say what a genius they are acting with etc... Until they leave the company and don't fear bridges being burned do we actually get into the 'real' feelings some may have.
    Rucka badmouthed Frank Cho iirc.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I mean sure that's always a possibility but it's a really just a hypothetical at the moment.

Which is why i said sexism or bias. Maybe he isn't sexist, but he could be bias against her.
    Well, yeah. He's a Superman and Batman fanboy. Not many good writers on those two who have also been good WW writers

I mean sure that's always a possibility but it's a really just a hypothetical at the moment.

Well, yeah. He's a Superman and Batman fanboy. Not many good writers on those two who have also been good WW writers
    There we have it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Rucka badmouthed Frank Cho iirc.
    I don't remember Frank Cho being a regular artist. Didn't he just do covers for a while?