Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Rucka badmouthed Frank Cho iirc.
    It was more the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I guess my question to you or anyone is when do or have peers in the industry bad mouthed one another, especially within the same company? Really doesn't happen, just like actors say what a genius they are acting with etc... Until they leave the company and don't fear bridges being burned do we actually get into the 'real' feelings some may have.
    Sure but Simone and Scott pal around with Taylor on social media and hype up his work, so I think they are genuine friends, not just colleagues. Simone also explicitly likes the Injustice games, although I’m sure she’s not fond of Diana’s characterization within that universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It was more the other way around.
    Thought Rucka didn’t like Cho’s artwork and then Cho left?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The same with Adam Hugues

Rucka was given near total control of his second run on Diana, an agreement made in large part due to his previous experience. From my understanding, or at least the public story, Cho made a cover image which had Diana showing a tiny bit of laced panties, Rucka didn't like it and wanted the panty bit cropped out, and Cho made a big deal about it evolving to a feud that went public and with Cho leaving.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Rucka was given near total control of his second run on Diana, an agreement made in large part due to his previous experience. From my understanding, or at least the public story, Cho made a cover image which had Diana showing a tiny bit of laced panties, Rucka didn't like it and wanted the panty bit cropped out, and Cho made a big deal about it evolving to a feud that went public and with Cho leaving.
    It's exactly the same story I read about Adam, this is the cover of discord.

adamhughes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It's exactly the same story I read about Adam, this is the cover of discord.

adamhughes.jpg
    I can definitely see why Rucka would think the first image would be distasteful given the stories he was telling with Diana, but his replacement wasn't without titillation either so, matter of perspective I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I can definitely see why Rucka would think the first image would be distasteful given the stories he was telling with Diana, but his replacement wasn't without titillation either so, matter of perspective I guess.
    The replacement is noticeable to be a cry of protest from Hughes, no skin? Ok... then he slammed the door

I think Erik Larsen broke it down really well when he addressed this 'controversy'; the main writer of the title has control over the book and thus has a right to complain if a certain look doesn't go with the tone of the book they are working on.

I like Adam Hughes and Frank Cho's, I follow them both on IG and FB and they are both clearly talented but nobody wants cheesecake all day, everyday with no alternatives.

Hughes second cover actually looks better than his first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The replacement is noticeable to be a cry of protest from Hughes, no skin? Ok... then he slammed the door
    No, my mistake, by replacement I meant the guy who did the cover art after Hughes left. I forget his name, maybe I'm thinking about Drew Johnson, whoever did the main covers for the Medusa storyline and after.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sure but Simone and Scott pal around with Taylor on social media and hype up his work, so I think they are genuine friends, not just colleagues. Simone also explicitly likes the Injustice games, although I’m sure she’s not fond of Diana’s characterization within that universe.
    Maybe he isn't sexist. But he could be bias against Diana.

I think his new title will help to answer my question with more detail. He has done a bad job twice in a row. Even though he claims to love her. So his third title with her will give us some pretty solid answers.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I think his new title will help to answer my question with more detail. He has done a bad job twice in a row. Even though he claims to love her. So his third title with her will give us some pretty solid answers.
    Talking about DKOS? Diana looks very “warrior woman”-esque so I’m not getting my hopes up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think Erik Larsen broke it down really well when he addressed this 'controversy'; the main writer of the title has control over the book and thus has a right to complain if a certain look doesn't go with the tone of the book they are working on.

I like Adam Hughes and Frank Cho's, I follow them both on IG and FB and they are both clearly talented but nobody wants cheesecake all day, everyday with no alternatives.

Hughes second cover actually looks better than his first.
    This was my thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Talking about DKOS? Diana looks very “warrior woman”-esque so I’m not getting my hopes up.
    I didn't say we should get our hopes high. And let's be honest. Being warrior woman is not the worst thing that can happen to her. Being hyped as the greatest warrior only to serve as fodder to SM and BM is among the worst things that can and have happened to her. Because it literally leaves her with nothing, even the one thing that is supposed to be her lane above the others according to the writers that hype her warrior side so much. And I'm pretty sure this will happen again. Which i think will prove tom taylor is bias against her.