Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Kuwagaton is right. Back ups should expand the visions and feature characters less seen, if possible. Lois and Jimmy are constant presences in the stories. A Power Girl Back up could be welcomed. Steel. Bring back underused characters. But the other condition is than Back ups should contribute to the main story in some way.
    I think it should be a mix of A-listers without a book of their own, B and C-listers who deserve a shot, and new creations. Currently, that balance feels off.

Again, if I was enjoying the current backups, I wouldn't be complaining, but they just aren't very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I hope Steel can eventually just a get a new book or mini series than be reglated to backup features. DC needs to take more chances on goings again..
    Unless you've got a Bat in your name or were featured in one of DC's TV shows or movies, it looks like DC won't be taking many chances on their choice of ongoings based on their April solicits.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jimmy Olsen should be a regular one.

The New Adventures of Lori Lemaris, Captain Comet and the Wanderers, a 'Tales of Krypton' kinda thaang, Lois Lane Mystery Theatre
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-25-2021 at 02:28 PM.

I havnt read much Superman past the 60's Has there been a gritty street level story? I said a Crimebuster back up would be great. but A Lois Lane story with her doing a story on drug problems or something would be cool. Like Lois gets upset at what she is seeing and confronts Superman about there being a problem that he cant just punch away, or gets mad at him for having these great powers and saving the world but kind of dropping the ball on the street scene. Like Lois rather then having Superman help her goes to Crimebuster or Guardian.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would like to see Action focus on the Metropolis area characters including the Daily Planet with Superman focusing on more if the family of characters including Steel, Jon, Kon...Power Girl absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I havnt read much Superman past the 60's Has there been a gritty street level story? I said a Crimebuster back up would be great. but A Lois Lane story with her doing a story on drug problems or something would be cool. Like Lois gets upset at what she is seeing and confronts Superman about there being a problem that he cant just punch away, or gets mad at him for having these great powers and saving the world but kind of dropping the ball on the street scene. Like Lois rather then having Superman help her goes to Crimebuster or Guardian.
    There have been a few, the Triangle Era had a lot of stories about “street” stuff. Bendis Action also started out with a focus on street crime in Metropolis and how that works with Superman around.

Astonishing Member

How about backups in which Maggie Sawyer and the Metropolis PD do something other than just crowd control while the capes fight the super-villains? How about the City Desk reporters at the DP coming up with human interest stories about the funny, or weird, or heart-wrenching lives of the citizens of the city, including (but not only) how they have been affected by the supers in their midst? How about the things that Mxy does on those occasions when he pops into our dimension but <i>doesn't</i> pay a visit to his old friend Supes? How about having Cat Grant stage elaborate schemes to get inside information on pop culture celebrities and on the elite of Metropolis, and what she learns about them? And definitely more stories about Jimmy and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    How about backups in which Maggie Sawyer and the Metropolis PD do something other than just crowd control while the capes fight the super-villains? How about the City Desk reporters at the DP coming up with human interest stories about the funny, or weird, or heart-wrenching lives of the citizens of the city, including (but not only) how they have been affected by the supers in their midst? How about the things that Mxy does on those occasions when he pops into our dimension but <i>doesn't</i> pay a visit to his old friend Supes? How about having Cat Grant stage elaborate schemes to get inside information on pop culture celebrities and on the elite of Metropolis, and what she learns about them? And definitely more stories about Jimmy and his family.
    Yes yes yes, and maybe even some small time villains could get some exposure in there.

I would love a series focused on the Special Crimes Unit set in Metropolis. Gotham Central meets Top 10 with a little Astro City too.