Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

If I remember correctly, I think the only innocent person Brock has killed was prison guard or something just after he re-bonded with the symbiote. The family of that guard went after him hard for this (i cant remember the series, it was way back in the 90s).

At least going by the Brock solo series, he hasn't actually killed that many people and always made a point of protecting innocent people. Even when he was trying to kill Spider-man, he's always been laser focused on killing Peter alone.
    He also killed a police officer in ASM 300 and he did threat Aunt May in their second fight if Peter decided to bring reinforcements with him, thought by the time of their third fight Eddie seemingly decided to just focus on Peter, he even save a baby's life in the middle of a battle with him.

Mind you, i don't know how many people he killed during his stint as the 90s Lethal Protector, but i assume that most of then were criminals. Still, i doubt that Eddie's killing is anything close to Carnage, Punisher or even Wolverine.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wasn't there a mini or something that depicted in flashback a young Eddie Brock strangling cats or something?

Edit: doing a little digging, it sounds like he just stole the cat, and then pretended to find it so he could look like a hero in front of some girl.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 01-27-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He also killed a police officer in ASM 300 and he did threat Aunt May in their second fight if Peter decided to bring reinforcements with him, thought by the time of their third fight Eddie seemingly decided to just focus on Peter, he even save a baby's life in the middle of a battle with him.

Mind you, i don't know how many people he killed during his stint as the 90s Lethal Protector, but i assume that most of then were criminals. Still, i doubt that Eddie's killing is anything close to Carnage, Punisher or even Wolverine.

He killed 2 doctors when he pretended to be dead to escape the Vault.

He also killed a hostage when trying to escape the vault... him and a bunch of other criminals took a bunch of hostages and threatened to kill a hostage every 5 minutes. He only got a chance to kill one I think.

He also killed a journalist that was doing some shady stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Cap did in ww2, namor did, wolverine has, mockingbird did once in wca, deadpool did, blade did, conan did, thor has. black widow has, ares has.
    Cap killed innocent people?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Cap killed innocent people?
    I dont think WW2 Cap killed innocent people. But man did Namor have blood on his hands. Killed several cops and several hundred (At the minimum) people by attacking New York, hitting it with a tidal wave etc... he also kidnapped a woman the same one more then once to make her his bride and had her altered so she could breath under water I really hated Golden Age Namor. And his little cop friend Betty Dean. She was a police officer in new York who just over looked the fact that Namor killed several of her fellow officers and went out of her way to help and protect him.

So I guess if he gets to be a hero I shoudnt be getting so butt hurt about the likes of Harley Quinn and Venom.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think WW2 Cap killed innocent people. But man did Namor have blood on his hands. Killed several cops and several hundred (At the minimum) people by attacking New York, hitting it with a tidal wave etc... he also kidnapped a woman the same one more then once to make her his bride and had her altered so she could breath under water I really hated Golden Age Namor. And his little cop friend Betty Dean. She was a police officer in new York who just over looked the fact that Namor killed several of her fellow officers and went out of her way to help and protect him.

So I guess if he gets to be a hero I shoudnt be getting so butt hurt about the likes of Harley Quinn and Venom.
    Or you should complain about him being considered a hero... that's what I do

Namor as a villain is the only Namor I can tolerate. Same with Harley and venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    At least going by the Brock solo series, he hasn't actually killed that many people and always made a point of protecting innocent people. Even when he was trying to kill Spider-man, he's always been laser focused on killing Peter alone.
    Correct! Who could ever forget this memorable exchange from...

Amazing Spider-Man #375

Venom always had that mentality of 'anyone who gets in his way isn't innocent'. He had had his mission, and heaven help anyone between him and his prey.

Especially if that someone was protecting/helping/hiding spider-man...

He always claimed he was interested in protecting the innocent, but was never any good at RECOGNIZING innocence. After all.. HE was innocent before Spider-man 'ruined' his life... But in the end, none of his victims really deserved getting suffocated or their head crushed.

and we always have this...

When it come down to heroes with body counts the situation gets a bit complicated. Because yeah, we have Venom who's done some bad thing but those things are considerably more mild than your average unapologetic villains, like he hasn't killed children like Sabretooth, so he isn't the worst of the crop. But then you have Wolverine, a full fledged hero who has killed more people than a serial killer can even dream of, if that dude can get a pass, as someone who's without a doubt killed more than Eddie, than Venom can certainly be among the ranks of heroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    When it come down to heroes with body counts the situation gets a bit complicated. Because yeah, we have Venom who's done some bad thing but those things are considerably more mild than your average unapologetic villains, like he hasn't killed children like Sabretooth, so he isn't the worst of the crop. But then you have Wolverine, a full fledged hero who has killed more people than a serial killer can even dream of, if that dude can get a pass, as someone who's without a doubt killed more than Eddie, than Venom can certainly be among the ranks of heroes.
    It's not just about killing. It's about killing innocent people.

How many innocent people has Wolverine killed?

After Daniel Way's Wolverine Origins? Too many.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

After Daniel Way's Wolverine Origins? Too many.
    And even without that, "Enemy of the State" had him butcher his way through a whole bunch of innocent people and fellow heroes after being brainwashed by a collaboration of HYDRA and the Hand, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And even without that, "Enemy of the State" had him butcher his way through a whole bunch of innocent people and fellow heroes after being brainwashed by a collaboration of HYDRA and the Hand, so . . .
    I can forgive brainwashing, after all he wasn't in control of his actions, is why i kind of forgive Eddie for his actions, yeah it's a retcon but if they really want to keep him as a hero then you need to do it. The ones in Way's run do bug me because everything indicated that he wasn't mind controlled when he killed those people, i hate Wolverine Origins so much.
    Last edited by TheCape; 01-29-2021 at 04:35 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can forgive brainwashing, after all he wasn't in control of his actions, is why i kind of forgive Eddie for his actions, yeah it's a retcon but if they really want to keep him as a hero then you need to do it. The ones in Way's run do bug me because everything that he wasn't mind controlled when he killed those people, i hate Wolverine Origins so much.
    Fair enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can forgive brainwashing, after all he wasn't in control of his actions, is why i kind of forgive Eddie for his actions, yeah it's a retcon but if they really want to keep him as a hero then you need to do it. The ones in Way's run do bug me because everything that he wasn't mind controlled when he killed those people, i hate Wolverine Origins so much.
    Yeah... Wolverine used to be kept in check by Cyclops and the X-men specifically BECAUSE he was berserker who would slip into a killing rage. IT WAS CONSIDERED A BAD THING!!! Now it's more like a bonus feature that gives him a power up. I remember being so ticked when Iron Man convinced Captain America that Wolverine should be an Avenger because 'He'd do the things we can't...' Ughhhh utter garbage.

As for Venom... wasn't he declared possessed or insane or something that basically cleared him of any past crimes and murders? Basically 'possessed by Alien symbiote was a 'get out of jail free' card? Somewhere around the time when he gave up the symbiote and Scorpion took it over? So yeah... he probably is pardoned or at least aquitted at this point.

But seriously... putting the Goo back on should negate any 'the alien made me do it' pass he was given.