Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    When it come down to heroes with body counts the situation gets a bit complicated. Because yeah, we have Venom who's done some bad thing but those things are considerably more mild than your average unapologetic villains, like he hasn't killed children like Sabretooth, so he isn't the worst of the crop. But then you have Wolverine, a full fledged hero who has killed more people than a serial killer can even dream of, if that dude can get a pass, as someone who's without a doubt killed more than Eddie, than Venom can certainly be among the ranks of heroes.
    Yeah.

Guys like Wolverine and Punisher have generally applied less discretion in taking lives than Brock. They haven't generally killed innocent people (Wolverine has though..a number of times under mind control and the likes) but they apply lethal force without much hesitation. In the past, Wolverine didn't really kill when he didn't have to (that was when he could actually be killed) but in recent times, he cuts people up without much. Admittedly I'm not so up to date on my X-men reading (i'm still wading through X of Swords) but he's still in the X-force team which is the only team sanctioned by the X-men to use lethal force.

Venom used to do a lot of trash talk but not actually follow through with the whole "eat your brains" thing.

Sabretooth isn't just a killer....he's also a rapist. I suspect that's why he was buried..literally at the beginning of Hickman's X-men run. Loeb made the character irredeemable despite Remender's best efforts.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-29-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah... Wolverine used to be kept in check by Cyclops and the X-men specifically BECAUSE he was berserker who would slip into a killing rage. IT WAS CONSIDERED A BAD THING!!! Now it's more like a bonus feature that gives him a power up. I remember being so ticked when Iron Man convinced Captain America that Wolverine should be an Avenger because 'He'd do the things we can't...' Ughhhh utter garbage.

As for Venom... wasn't he declared possessed or insane or something that basically cleared him of any past crimes and murders? Basically 'possessed by Alien symbiote was a 'get out of jail free' card? Somewhere around the time when he gave up the symbiote and Scorpion took it over? So yeah... he probably is pardoned or at least aquitted at this point.

But seriously... putting the Goo back on should negate any 'the alien made me do it' pass he was given.
    Especially since he did it willingly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah... Wolverine used to be kept in check by Cyclops and the X-men specifically BECAUSE he was berserker who would slip into a killing rage. IT WAS CONSIDERED A BAD THING!!! Now it's more like a bonus feature that gives him a power up. I remember being so ticked when Iron Man convinced Captain America that Wolverine should be an Avenger because 'He'd do the things we can't...' Ughhhh utter garbage.

As for Venom... wasn't he declared possessed or insane or something that basically cleared him of any past crimes and murders? Basically 'possessed by Alien symbiote was a 'get out of jail free' card? Somewhere around the time when he gave up the symbiote and Scorpion took it over? So yeah... he probably is pardoned or at least aquitted at this point.

But seriously... putting the Goo back on should negate any 'the alien made me do it' pass he was given.
    Eh, that was always kind of a power up, that rage saved Logan's life a couple of times in the 80s, he was even able to get out one by some point. The problem with 2000s retcons by Way is that it essentially means that all what we knew about him was a lie and altered his characther forever. He used to be closer to Solid Snake in personality and role, now he is basically a Sabretooth trying to be a good guy.

As for Venom, well Flash was able to cure the symbiote from it's corruption and turn it into a force of good as Agent Venom, so Eddie putting back on shouldn't be much of a problem this days, at least that's why assume considering that Venom was an Avenger before Eddie recovered it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

After the last time they rejoined, Venom and Eddie have been pretty straightforward when it comes to superheroing. Most of the bad stuff they did (Or rather, Venom did) was caused by poisoning as opposed to actually willingly by either of them.

This was after the symbiote was cleansed of all it's negativity or something along those lines. Also, Brock had been working with the government as Toxin for a while I remember. Basically Eddie hasn't been an unrepentant killer ever since that trial. So this isn't a case of "Okay let's flip a switch and make Eddie a hero instantly."

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    This was after the symbiote was cleansed of all it's negativity or something along those lines. Also, Brock had been working with the government as Toxin for a while I remember. Basically Eddie hasn't been an unrepentant killer ever since that trial. So this isn't a case of "Okay let's flip a switch and make Eddie a hero instantly."
    That's a fair argument, and he did help save a lot of lives as Anti-Venom during Spider-Island, so that might have been part of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a fair argument, and he did help save a lot of lives as Anti-Venom during Spider-Island, so that might have been part of it as well.
    There's the Spider-Island thing. Then there's the events of Venomized, taking down Lee Price, his role in War of the Realms and then there's Go Down Swinging and Absolute Carnage. He's flawed, sure, but his heart is in the right place I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    There's the Spider-Island thing. Then there's the events of Venomized, taking down Lee Price, his role in War of the Realms and then there's Go Down Swinging and Absolute Carnage. He's flawed, sure, but his heart is in the right place I'd say.
    True enough. He has come a long, long way.