Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I’m willing to beat that the little girl’s family gets killed by the Skullcrawlers (or maybe the bat creatures) just like Kong’s family. Maybe he fights them off but she’s the only survivor. He feels a bond with her because they were both orphaned because of Skullcrawler attacks.

Another movie theory. Godzilla wins the first fight because Kong by himself can't stand up to the atomic breath. Plus they're on the water which is Godzilla's home court. Second fight Kong makes a weapon to nullify the bad breath and wins because of his strength and speed. Without weapons he doesn't stand a chance but if he has time to plan he wins. Basically Godzilla is Superman and Kong is Batman. "Save Mothra!!!"

I wonder if the second trailer will put more focus on Godzilla, since Kong was the main focus of this trailer.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Watching the trailer, I hate the fact that I'm rooting against Godzilla, but I kind of am. The big moment of Kong punching Godzilla clean off the aircraft carrier was epic. I am so here for this film.

Pure speculation, but I doubt very much the movie's just going to be two hours of Godzilla and Kong duking it out. What we all want is for them to team-up against a third titan, right? That half-second glimpse in the trailer certainly looked like MechaGodzilla, but they still have a Ghidorah head, floating around, as well. I expect to be cheering for Godzilla, again, by the closing credits.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Watching the trailer, I hate the fact that I'm rooting against Godzilla, but I kind of am. The big moment of Kong punching Godzilla clean off the aircraft carrier was epic. I am so here for this film.

Pure speculation, but I doubt very much the movie's just going to be two hours of Godzilla and Kong duking it out. What we all want is for them to team-up against a third titan, right? That half-second glimpse in the trailer certainly looked like MechaGodzilla, but they still have a Ghidorah head, floating around, as well. I expect to be cheering for Godzilla, again, by the closing credits.
    Hopefully at the end they team up and hunt down everyone Trump pardoned.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post

Sadly that's not what everyone wants - but it is definitely what I want and hope we get.

Also hope that contrary to popular belief elsewhere online that this isn't the end of the MonsterVerse - I love these movies and want more. I just want more Toho/Japanese Godzilla films like Shin in between the Hollywood movies too. (The anime trilogy films were okay, and I'm excited for the next anime Godzilla Singular Point.)

Astonishing Member

It seems Godzilla is the bad guy here...the Godzilla I know is more of a good guy. In the most simple term.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    It seems Godzilla is the bad guy here...the Godzilla I know is more of a good guy. In the most simple term.
    I’ve always been under the impression that Godzilla is neither good or bad, he’s a titanic force of nature that eclipses such simplistic terms. He just shows up, fights, kills and destroys whatever is in his path, and it’s left to man to determine his motivations, as if that could possibly be done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Think 1974.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve always been under the impression that Godzilla is neither good or bad, he’s a titanic force of nature that eclipses such simplistic terms. He just shows up, fights, kills and destroys whatever is in his path, and it’s left to man to determine his motivations, as if that could possibly be done.
    Absolutely.

Thats grown up thinking, but the child in me sees Godzilla as a superhero monster (maybe my first experience was one of the movies where he is the good monster). If you break down the trailer, you can get the impression that the writer wants to get the viewer to see Kong as the savior/good guy/hero.

Saying Godzilla is the Bad Guy isn't really accurate since they make it clear he's not acting like himself due to some outside influence. In the end, he'll be on the Good Guys side.

I think Godzilla is definitely being either framed or manipulated. He's definitely not going to be an out-and-out bad guy out to destroy all of humanity like he could get in the Toho films.
    Absolutely.

Thats grown up thinking, but the child in me sees Godzilla as a superhero monster (maybe my first experience was one of the movies where he is the good monster). If you break down the trailer, you can get the impression that the writer wants to get the viewer to see Kong as the savior/good guy/hero.
    As someone who grew up with Godzilla in cartoons, my first conception of him was as this heroic monster who worked with the humans against evil monsters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Saying Godzilla is the Bad Guy isn't really accurate since they make it clear he's not acting like himself due to some outside influence. In the end, he'll be on the Good Guys side.
    Cool, I watched it muted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Godzilla is definitely being either framed or manipulated. He's definitely not going to be an out-and-out bad guy out to destroy all of humanity like he could get in the Toho films.

As someone who grew up with Godzilla in cartoons, my first conception of him was as this heroic monster who worked with the humans against evil monsters.
    Mine was the one where he fought Ebirah. Mothra was in it too. And a lot of annoying dancing and singing Japanese people. Its called Monster from the deep in my country.

Cool, I watched it muted.
    Given the music in the trailer this was a wise choice.