Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Godzilla vs. Kong

Looks pretty good! The 1933 King Kong was my favorite childhood movie and I used to watch it constantly, so Kong will always be one of my favorite characters. Seeing the poor guy in chains (yet again) always pulls at my heartstrings.

Seems like he’s the protagonist here. The empathetic monster vs the force of nature Godzilla who is being controlled/guided by the bad guys.

Maybe Godzilla wins the first fight, Kong wins the second fight, and then they have to team up at the end.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-24-2021 at 11:08 AM.

That. Was. Awesome!!!

spoilers:
    Godzilla's totally being framed by Mecha Godzilla, right? Although that doesn't explain attacking the ships or the cities unless that's Mecha Godzilla in Godzilla skin.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Godzilla's totally being framed by Mecha Godzilla, right? Although that doesn't explain attacking the ships or the cities unless that's Mecha Godzilla in Godzilla skin.
    end of spoilers
    That would fit with his first appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Looks awesome! I just hope humans don't take up too much screen time. And all the great action we saw is a small part of the movie. That would really suck.

BANNED

These sorts of giant monster movies aren't really my thing, though I can appreciate them. I wouldn't have expected this trailer to be so much of "Kong owns Godzilla" though.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Looks awesome! I just hope humans don't take up too much screen time. And all the great action we saw is a small part of the movie. That would really suck.
    100% what it’s going to be, though. So much mythology in that trailer.

I’m here for those 30 minutes, though. On DVD eventually...

Mighty Member

Trailer was great. Definitely looking forward to seeing it. Only thing was the rap music I didn't like. It needed more epic battle type music.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Trailer was great. Definitely looking forward to seeing it. Only thing was the rap music I didn't like. It needed more epic battle type music.
    The music for this trailer was incredibly douchey. I know they want to go for X-Treme, but it really sounds more like that guy who won't shut up about doing crossfit after watching MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    These sorts of giant monster movies aren't really my thing, though I can appreciate them. I wouldn't have expected this trailer to be so much of "Kong owns Godzilla" though.
    Well one of the main tasks of this trailer was to prove that Kong is a match for Godzilla. Since the announcement of this movie people have been saying that Kong has no chance. I think the trailer accomplished it’s job of showing that not only is Kong a worthy opponent but his intelligence, strength, and tool making ability show that he could actually win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well one of the main tasks of this trailer was to prove that Kong is a match for Godzilla. Since the announcement of this movie people have been saying that Kong has no chance. I think the trailer accomplished it’s job of showing that not only is Kong a worthy opponent but his intelligence, strength, and tool making ability show that he could actually win.
    That shows how out of touch I am with giant monster movies. It would never have occurred to me that Kong was not a match. They've been equals for nearly 100 years. It's like Batman vs Captain America.

I think most of it was about Godzilla being 400 feet tall and along, well, isn’t. So the size discrepancy made it seem pretty unfair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think most of it was about Godzilla being 400 feet tall and along, well, isn’t. So the size discrepancy made it seem pretty unfair.
    Kong being unfazed by Godzilla' s radioactive-laser-breath seems more unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The music for this trailer was incredibly douchey. I know they want to go for X-Treme, but it really sounds more like that guy who won't shut up about doing crossfit after watching MMA.
    Rob Zombie is doing some music for the movie.

GET READY!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium