Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Everything’s political.
    Well, Godzilla has been in a way

That electricity powerup thing was b*******. They just couldn't accept Godzilla would easily wipe out Kong so they added some extra nonsense.
    In the old japan movie it was never planned to be kong at all. It was a robot that is based on Frankenstein who had his own series. (think the hanna barbera frank jr cartoon) Like godzilla he started out evil then turns good later. The lighting making kong stronger came from that script. It was changed to kong last sec as they thought kong would be a bigger draw.

This is were the kong gets power from lightning thing came from in the old film!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    In the old japan movie it was never planned to be kong at all. It was a robot that is based on Frankenstein who had his own series. (think the hanna barbera frank jr cartoon) Like godzilla he started out evil then turns good later. The lighting making kong stronger came from that script. It was changed to kong last sec as they thought kong would be a bigger draw.

This is were the kong gets power from lightning thing came from in the old film!

I've seen Frankenstein Vs. Baragon. It's not bad, although I watched the Japanese version.

I've also seen the "sequel", Sanda Vs. Gaira, known as War of the Gargantuas in the USA (I watched the English version). It's good.

Too bad we never got Godzilla vs. Frankenstein or a Gargantua. Maybe it could happen in the future

I love Godzilla but I just can't get excited for this because I'm assuming Godzilla and Kong bro-hug it out after an initial fight or two and team up to destroy Mecha-Godzilla. Which is the exact same thing that happened in the previous Godzilla movie.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I love Godzilla but I just can't get excited for this because I'm assuming Godzilla and Kong bro-hug it out after an initial fight or two and team up to destroy Mecha-Godzilla. Which is the exact same thing that happened in the previous Godzilla movie.
    I kinda don't get why Mecha-G would be in a Godzilla vs. Kong movie

so is there going to be a scene like Avengers, with Kong as Hulk and Thor as Godzilla....?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is there going to be a scene like Avengers, with Kong as Hulk and Thor as Godzilla....?

No. Goji is much bigger than Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I kinda don't get why Mecha-G would be in a Godzilla vs. Kong movie
    I didn't get why Doomsday would be in a Batman vs. Superman movie either and yet that happened.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I didn't get why Doomsday would be in a Batman vs. Superman movie either and yet that happened.
    They needed DD as a common foe for Batman WW and Superman to fight and also to kill Superman to set up the JL movie DD was the best and most logical villan to do the job MG will probably serve the same purpose as a common villan Kong and zilla need to take down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They needed DD as a common foe for Batman WW and Superman to fight and also to kill Superman to set up the JL movie DD was the best and most logical villan to do the job MG will probably serve the same purpose as a common villan Kong and zilla need to take down.
    Or Batman and Superman could just settle their differences.

And Godzilla could just, you know, win

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Or Batman and Superman could just settle their differences.

And Godzilla could just, you know, win
    It may work in Godzilla vs Kong but in BvS they definitely need a common foe.

And that's why I can't get interested in this Godzilla film, because that particular story has been done to death recently. Batman and Superman fight each other, then team up to battle Doomsday. Rey and Kylo Ren fight each other, then team up to battle Palpatine. I'm not interested in seeing the same story again.

Ultimate Member

And that's why I can't get interested in this Godzilla film, because that particular story has been done to death recently. Batman and Superman fight each other, then team up to battle Doomsday. Rey and Kylo Ren fight each other, then team up to battle Palpatine. I'm not interested in seeing the same story again.
    Even Godzilla has done it before. Remember Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla (1993)

I guess just watch the 1962 version it's honestly probably the better choice.

Ultimate Member

I guess just watch the 1962 version it's honestly probably the better choice.
    I wouldn't say it's the best Godzilla movie