Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't remember them being married again, so no they are no longer married, they both died and were declared legally dead so again they are not married any longer...
    Marriage is a state of mind. The certificate is for tax and government purposes.

Unfortunately, Jean is married to Cyclops and Hix is a Jott shipper, so her entire thing is going to be about "Sue Storm but X-gene" for the foreseeable future.

Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't remember them being married again, so no they are no longer married, they both died and were declared legally dead so again they are not married any longer...
    JDW said they were married. The official Marvel page says they are married. Hickman (and Duggan) are writing them as they are married. For all intents and purposes and all evidence points to them being married. You are looking at marriage through the lens of a Westerner in the US, where they were originally married. US legalities dont matter. They are now Krakoan citizens and on Krakoa, they are married under the terms that they defined. Even in the US, people dont have to be legally married to be considered married. Common law marriages are a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    JDW said they were married. The official Marvel page says they are married. Hickman (and Duggan) are writing them as they are married. For all intents and purposes and all evidence points to them being married. You are looking at marriage through the lens of a Westerner in the US, where they were originally married. US legalities dont matter. They are now Krakoan citizens and on Krakoa, they are married under the terms that they defined. Even in the US, people dont have to be legally married to be considered married. Common law marriages are a thing
    Does the phrase "till death do you part" have the same meaning in a society where death seems to be little more than a form of sick leave?

"Timmy can't come into work for a few days. He's currently dead."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Does the phrase "till death do you part" have the same meaning in a society where death seems to be little more than a form of sick leave?

"Timmy can't come into work for a few days. He's currently dead."
    No. Hence probably the appeal of polyamorous relationships. Otherwise... well, forever is a long time to only enjoy one person physically.

Didn't someone say that Leah Williams when she appeared on the Battle of the Atom podcast stated that the polycule would eventually be addressed? I didn't listen but someone on here or another forum reported on it. If true... hopefully it will be soon.

Maybe it will be addressed during the Hellfire Gala. For example maybe Scott, Jean, and Logan will go together. Or Jean will go with Logan and Scott with Emma. Who knows.

I prefer it that Scott and Jean are not married but have a deep respect/friendship and are partners in parenting and as X-men leaders. But they are obviously together and in an open relationship which is preferable over another cheating storyline. They need to make the open relationship clear or in the future a writer can say Jean was cheating with Logan during the X-force scene and that Scott was fooling around with Emma.. and before you know it the X-men really turns into "Days of Our Lives".

Also we need more Scott/Logan content to show how close they are these days even if it is just being comfortable with sharing partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. Hence probably the appeal of polyamorous relationships. Otherwise... well, forever is a long time to only enjoy one person physically.
    If a person really loves the other one I see no problem with that. True love transcend shallowness of bodies, numbers of lovers...

Have you ever lived forever? Kind of hard to say that definitively if not.

Extraordinary Member

Jean is with both Scott and Logan.

Scott gets to also be with Emma.

Logan gets to also be with whomever. (Check solo title).

This is all confirmed.

What isn’t confirmed is if Jean/Logan/Cyclops do it all together at the same time. And if Scott/Logan are crossing swords on their own, so to speak.

Also it’s confirmed no Jean/Emma yet either.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jean is with both Scott and Logan.

Scott gets to also be with Emma.

Logan gets to also be with whomever. (Check solo title).

This is all confirmed.

What isn’t confirmed is if Jean/Logan/Cyclops do it all together at the same time. And if Scott/Logan are crossing swords on their own, so to speak.

Also it’s confirmed no Jean/Emma yet either.

I can just imagine the conversation between Jean and Ororo.
    “So how did you get him to keep it in his pants when you were going out with him?”
    “I didn’t even try, O my sister.”

I’ve got so much fanfic material out of the situation!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I prefer it that Scott and Jean are not married but have a deep respect/friendship and are partners in parenting and as X-men leaders. But they are obviously together and in an open relationship which is preferable over another cheating storyline. They need to make the open relationship clear or in the future a writer can say Jean was cheating with Logan during the X-force scene and that Scott was fooling around with Emma.. and before you know it the X-men really turns into "Days of Our Lives".

Jean left Scott's side to kiss Logan in front of Emma. I dont think anyone in this quad is clueless

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    There's an issue where Scott and Emma arrive to the council together with the implication he spent the night with her, right? Am I misremembering that. Jean also made a comment about Emma borrowing her things.
    I know they walked in together but it wasn’t anything explicit. The Jean comment also could have referred to the previous affair. I definitely believe that Scemma could still be happening, I just think it’s interesting that they’ve had the least outward confirmation.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Jean left Scott's side to kiss Logan in front of Emma. I dont think anyone in this quad is clueless
    I think what MechaJeanix was getting at was there's just enough room for confusion between what is shown on the page and what the next writer might see/think. While Hickman and co. as of now have written this "foursome" with some level of mutual respect between parties. I could very well see it going in a totally different direction for drama's sake under another writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think what MechaJeanix was getting at was there's just enough room for confusion between what is shown on the page and what the next writer might see/think. While Hickman and co. as of now have written this "foursome" with some level of mutual respect between parties. I could very well see it going in a totally different direction for drama's sake under another writer.
    Yes, exactly this. I just think it needs to be spelled out because future writers could really mess it up. Of course even if it is spelled out they can do that (per retcons) but it would be less likely if it is adequately addressed and defined on panel.

I know Hickman said they aren't telling pre-Krakoa stories but I want to know how this whole thing came together. We missed seeing Scott's reaction to Xavier being alive but we also missed Scott and Jean formally being back together and agreeing to love who they want to love with Jean accepting Emma and Scott accepting Logan (as Jean's partner but also inviting him into the Summer's house).

I love it best when Scott and Logan have a deep respect for each other. I didn't care for schism and all that. My fav versions of Scott and Logan are in New X-men where you could tell there was a level of respect between them.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 01-25-2021 at 01:26 PM. Reason: when you find typos hours later.

I’ve never cared much for the personal relationship aspects of comics and that’s still true. I do think it’s a reach to say Logan and Scott are being physically intimate, but there is definitely something between Logan/Jean, Logan/other women, Scott/Jean and Scott/Emma. It’s obvious that the writer’s are doing it purposefully as well, I guess we’ll see where it leads
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    All this teasing by Hickman went really nowhere. I'm really annoyed by queer baiting. It is 2021. Just make Scott and Wolverine bisexual (or debate that they don't want to have a label and are just men who are also attracted to men) and move on! Old straight people and their understanding of queer issues really bothers me. Being queer is not some click baiting mechanism they should use to spark a conversation on twitter...
    I'm kinda confused did I miss something? Where was the queer baiting?