Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If you want to use anything as justificative it is. Now if you want deep exploration: no.

basically fan headcanon
    Kurt is getting a whole book to show his new approach to the faith, and X-men #7 showed he was struggling with the Crucible and the whole situation.

As for the poly relationships, I really struggle to see why is that so completely out of character for any of them. And "they haven't done before" isn't an excuse, because even hinting at something like this 15, 10, or perhaps even 5 years ago would get a writer fired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Do Krakoans not age? I haven't been keeping up.
    They can be whatever age they want as long as Tempus isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    They can be whatever age they want as long as Tempus isn't dead.
    Lol I think elixir can do that too...also the reality warpers
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Neither character can de-age a person

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Kurt is getting a whole book to show his new approach to the faith, and X-men #7 showed he was struggling with the Crucible and the whole situation.

As for the poly relationships, I really struggle to see why is that so completely out of character for any of them. And "they haven't done before" isn't an excuse, because even hinting at something like this 15, 10, or perhaps even 5 years ago would get a writer fired.
    It's good that Kurt will have a book to explore his new religion in depth, as he just losing faith because of a new nation was very weird.

Well that is not a excuse, but it is a fact. people often entertain doing thing before doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Neither character can de-age a person
    I think it is more as to whether or not they can bring anyone back and recreate the new body in that person's prime, even if what killed them is age.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think it is more as to whether or not they can bring anyone back and recreate the new body in that person's prime, even if what killed them is age.
    Of course they can but the original context was about the characters dying of old age and the resurrection only happens if someone dies. None of those characters can actually alter a person to be whatever age they want and the resurrection itself requires 6 different characters to perfect

It's good that Kurt will have a book to explore his new religion in depth, as he just losing faith because of a new nation was very weird.

Well that is not a excuse, but it is a fact. people often entertain doing thing before doing that
    He wasn't losing faith just because of a new nation, it's because he died (more than once), saw resurrection become a common practice, and saw things that would shake the faith of all but the most fanatic of individuals- how you can say it's out of character for someone to keep their exact same religious beliefs in a world that has seen Galactus, Phoenix, Incursions, Infinity Gauntlet, Asgardians, etc? Hell, it's not even the same world anymore since Secret Wars.

He wasn't losing faith just because of a new nation, it's because he died (more than once), saw resurrection become a common practice, and saw things that would shake the faith of all but the most fanatic of individuals- how you can say it's out of character for someone to keep their exact same religious beliefs in a world that has seen Galactus, Phoenix, Incursions, Infinity Gauntlet, Asgardians, etc? Hell, it's not even the same world anymore since Secret Wars.
    He only manifested the feeling of doing a new religion after going to Krakoa, he died and sw many gods and stayed loyal to Catholic faith.. There is a lot of reasons to not be Catholic, I don't think a new nation should have been what triggered it.

He only manifested the feeling of doing a new religion after going to Krakoa, he died and sw many gods and stayed loyal to Catholic faith.. There is a lot of reasons to not be Catholic, I don't think a new nation should have been what triggered it.
    Except...it has been clearly shown it wasn't because of just coming to Krakoa. You're trying to force a point because you want a different story.

If you want to use anything as justificative it is. Now if you want deep exploration: no.

basically fan headcanon
    Ah, thought so.

I really struggle to see why is that so completely out of character for any of them.
    Then I can't help you.

Scott, Jean and Emma have never liked that their partners even thought about someone else besides them. Emma especially was actually jealous of a freaking dead Jean Grey. Cyclops hated when Wolverine hit on Jean. Jean almost fried Emma's brain when she found out the cheating.

But sure, suddenely being ok with sharing is not OOC. Yeah, let's go with that.

And "they haven't done before" isn't an excuse, because even hinting at something like this 15, 10, or perhaps even 5 years ago would get a writer fired.
    You just threw fundamentals of story teling out of the window there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Then I can't help you.

Scott, Jean and Emma have never liked that their partners even thought about someone else besides them. Emma especially was actually jealous of a freaking dead Jean Grey. Cyclops hated when Wolverine hit on Jean. Jean almost fried Emma's brain when she found out the cheating.

But sure, suddenely being ok with sharing is not OOC. Yeah, let's go with that.
    I agree with you that until now all three have been shown to be jealous individuals, Jean the least of the 3 until Morrison came along. Just for the sake of argument though people change, sometimes drastically without warning. Men and women can be straight, married and have kids for years and then one day decide that they are going to be who they really are and come out as gay or trans or whatever. It is becoming more common every year for people to change their identity and orientation. I will say the author has a duty to explain what the catalyst for change was and so far that hasn’t been even hinted at.

You just threw fundamentals of story teling out of the window there.
    The story hasn’t ended yet. There’s still time to explain the changes.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.