Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’ve never cared much for the personal relationship aspects of comics and that’s still true. I do think it’s a reach to say Logan and Scott are being physically intimate, but there is definitely something between Logan/Jean, Logan/other women, Scott/Jean and Scott/Emma. It’s obvious that the writer’s are doing it purposefully as well, I guess we’ll see where it leads
    I tend to agree that the relationship stuff is the least interesting aspect. I know others may feel different. But since there is a lot of chatter and interest with the Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma thing I do think it should be something explored.

With all the things these characters have been through and now a change of immortality it makes sense that they wouldn't limit themselves to traditional arrangements or hold on to past grudges. I like Scott and Logan being ok with each other and even Jean and Emma working together. I'd like to see them interact more. The Giant Size was great but we need meaningful dialogue between these two.

The relationship stuff can be handled well and the current team of writers are capable of pulling it off (or at least I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. Hence probably the appeal of polyamorous relationships. Otherwise... well, forever is a long time to only enjoy one person physically.
    Do Krakoans not age? I haven't been keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Do Krakoans not age? I haven't been keeping up.
    Nothing to suggest that they dont. Aging however isnt something that will kill them forever as they will just get resurrected back to their peak age

This is still the worst aspect of the reboot to me. Almost nothing has come of this it has been almost pure shock factor and nothing else. Jean and Logan barely even have any moments, she is on Cyclops side 90% of the time lol. Emma, idk if she is even in on it or not but she has always only wanted Scott anyway? Its just kinda silly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    This is still the worst aspect of the reboot to me. Almost nothing has come of this it has been almost pure shock factor and nothing else. Jean and Logan barely even have any moments, she is on Cyclops side 90% of the time lol. Emma, idk if she is even in on it or not but she has always only wanted Scott anyway? Its just kinda silly
    Question why does something need to come of it? At least this early into the game. I mean it seems pretty obvious to me that the writers have much bigger narrative questions to answer besides Jean Grey and Scott Summers as sex life.

To be honest I feel like people just want to inject stop forced drama into this polyamorous situation just so they can see it implode. Which would ironically enough put the characters back in the same rut that they were in before Hickman took over.

Personally ever since this poly Amorous relationships start getting head to that The Shipping Wars have gone down to almost zero and that's lovely.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-26-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

No. Hence probably the appeal of polyamorous relationships. Otherwise... well, forever is a long time to only enjoy one person physically.
    I mean, I can somewhat understand that pov, but they've only been "immortal" for about a year. I would think that those type of views/feelings would develop over time, not instantaneously. It's probably why it's not being addressed. It's probably simpler to just ignore an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Personally ever since this poly Amorous relationships start getting head to that The Shipping Wars have gone down to almost zero and that's lovely.
    I honestly haven't noticed a change at all. The "shipping war" seems unaffected by this development as there are those that still argue for characters to be with one person, or entirely away from them. Also, if anything, shipping seems to have increased since characters can have more than one partner.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-26-2021 at 02:14 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I mean, I can somewhat understand that pov, but they've only been "immortal" for about a year. I would think that those type of views/feelings would develop over time, not instantaneously. It's probably why it's not being addressed. It's probably simpler to just ignore an explanation.
    True, but I just mean the impact it might have on one’s psyche knowing that they can no longer die permanently (unless they choose to). Or on societal norms/culture. In a mutant society like Krakoa, where they’ve literally conquered death, it would be interesting to see how this shift occurred. In addition to Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma you also have Cable dating all of the Cuckoos while one of them also dates Quentin. So polyamory seems to be the thing now for a lot of mutants. Was this ever discussed? Either formally in the Quiet Council (“make more mutants”) or informally as a personal choice at some point amongst these characters? Would be interesting to explore.

Extraordinary Member

True, but I just mean the impact it might have on one’s psyche knowing that they can no longer die permanently (unless they choose to). Or on societal norms/culture. In a mutant society like Krakoa, where they’ve literally conquered death, it would be interesting to see how this shift occurred. In addition to Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma you also have Cable dating all of the Cuckoos while one of them also dates Quentin. So polyamory seems to be the thing now for a lot of mutants. Was this ever discussed? Either formally in the Quiet Council (“make more mutants”) or informally as a personal choice at some point amongst these characters? Would be interesting to explore.
    It would be interesting to see Rogue and Gambit talk about it, since their newly married.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Way of X, Si Spurrier is on to it.
    “Anyway, I'm halfway through writing the “Make more mutants” issue. The working title is “The Joy of X.” [Laughs] I don't know if I'll get away with that. It’s a lot of fun, mixed with some crazy repercussions. It's the sort of lateral-thinking stuff that you can examine when you have a world that's been built so cleverly. You can start to dial into the granular stuff and see how it would all work if you were there on the ground. In other words, this isn’t just a heady book about religion and philosophy. It's also a hoot.”

https://www.cbr.com/way-of-x-simon-spurrier-interview/

I’d be willing to bet Logan and Jean in particular have some interesting views on this. The former due to his longevity and the latter due to having died and become essentially a cosmic entity (White Phoenix of the Crown). So feelings for another person, even sexual feelings or actions, might not be a big deal to someone with their particular perspectives. Just a thought. I’ve never lived to be 200 or died and hung out in the White Hot Room, but it might change my perspective on things. Just saying.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’d be willing to bet Logan and Jean in particular have some interesting views on this. The former due to his longevity and the latter due to having died and become essentially a cosmic entity (White Phoenix of the Crown). So feelings for another person, even sexual feelings or actions, might not be a big deal to someone with their particular perspectives. Just a thought. I’ve never lived to be 200 or died and hung out in the White Hot Room, but it might change my perspective on things. Just saying.
    Agreed, thought that for a while. It’s an interesting interview, but I’m not sure I quite recognise this characterisation of Kurt, I’ve always thought of him as a sensualist.
    “So here’s Nightcrawler, living on an island inhabited by thousands of young and beautiful people, where there's no sickness and no death, no clear moral compass, no reason not to try new things, be they beautiful or brutal. You can easily imagine he’s going to frequently encounter sights which would make a Catholic Priest fume. Or blush. Or both.”

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Question why does something need to come of it? At least this early into the game. I mean it seems pretty obvious to me that the writers have much bigger narrative questions to answer besides Jean Grey and Scott Summers as sex life.

To be honest I feel like people just want to inject stop forced drama into this polyamorous situation just so they can see it implode. Which would ironically enough put the characters back in the same rut that they were in before Hickman took over.

I just feel like if you are going to make a change to an established status quo when picking up a franchise of this caliber there should be no actual reason for it either to serve a plot, character interaction Or character decision making purposes. But thats just me. I never liked Logan and Jean much as a couple anyway and Scott and Jean was just kinda there for me. It just seems like an afterthought especially when we've seen Wolverine still flirt with other women anyway. Like after pining after Jean all that time now you have her and what? Nothing has changed

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yep. Also Scott not only was the Phoenix himself, he died and saw the entire multiverse dying in Secret Wars. I'm willing to bet that might have changed my view of the world as well.

Likewise, some people questioned why Kurt, previously a devoted Catholic, would be founding a new Krakoan religion, when a lot of more religious people had crisis or changes in their faith for much less.

The more you think about it, the less it makes sense for people in the MU to have the real life perspectives of average people on sex, religion, culture, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep. Also Scott not only was the Phoenix himself, he died and saw the entire multiverse dying in Secret Wars. I'm willing to bet that might have changed my view of the world as well.

Likewise, some people questioned why Kurt, previously a devoted Catholic, would be founding a new Krakoan religion, when a lot of more religious people had crisis or changes in their faith for much less.

The more you think about it, the less it makes sense for people in the MU to have the real life perspectives of average people on sex, religion, culture, etc.
    Have any of the above reasons acknowledged, mentioned, implied or even hinted at for the changes in characterization on-panel?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Have any of the above reasons acknowledged, mentioned, implied or even hinted at for the changes in characterization on-panel?
    If you want to use anything as justificative it is. Now if you want deep exploration: no.

basically fan headcanon