Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If You Could Revive "WORLD'S FINEST"...

What would you do with it?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd use the book to feature characters who have a fanbase but struggle to make it past 50 issues in a solo title of their own in a giant-sized issue each month and include:

Batgirl/Supergirl team-up
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman
    Black Lightning
    Atom
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Kara and Babs by Cecil Castellucci

Wonder Woman/Aquaman team up series.

there is no shortage of Batman and Superman content, I'd some actually fresh material. I wanna see more Amazon/Atlantian action; especially with their respective family of characters.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-28-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Wonder Woman/Aquaman team up series.
    Actually, I recall my idea. This, 100%

WONDER WOMAN/AQUAMAN: WORLD'S FINEST

Astonishing Member

I'd stick to the Batman/Superman team-up theme, but mix it up a little.

So it could be a Bat-family member teaming up with a Super-family member...rather than just the two icons themselves. And this would lend itself to some interesting combos.

How about Batman teaming up with Supergirl? Nightwing teaming up with Power Girl? Batwoman teaming up with Conner-Superboy? Ace the Bathound teaming up with Krypto?

Hell, take it a step further and do Super-Bat team-ups from across the Multiverse/Omniverse. Batman Beyond teaming up with Kingdom Come Superman? Siegal/Shuster Superman teaming up with DKR Batman?

John Stewart and Cyborg: using John's intergelactic architecture prowess and Cyborg's New Gods level technology, they open a sorta architecture firm, but it's like a super firm, so it's does architecture, engineering, construction, etcetera. the story is simple, a series of arcs where they get a job, they have to clear out a villain, and then rebuild the community in the aftermath.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-29-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Okay, that John Stewart and Cyborg idea is really cool, and nothing like my pitch, but I just wanted to say how cool I thought that was.

My pitch is that you have a pseudo-Golden Age Superman, not dissimilar from the New 52, team up with a pseudo-Golden Age Batman, not dissimilar to First Wave. Rags Morales drew both, so he seems the obvious choice for artist to me, haha!

Then you have them fight evil (mobsters, Nazis, maybe Cthulhu, an army of Frankenstein's monsters, etc.) in a pseudo-Golden Age world.

It's basically just World's Finest, in that it's the Superman Batman team, but with that little twist of not being the traditional versions of the characters.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Okay, that John Stewart and Cyborg idea is really cool, and nothing like my pitch, but I just wanted to say how cool I thought that was.

My pitch is that you have a pseudo-Golden Age Superman, not dissimilar from the New 52, team up with a pseudo-Golden Age Batman, not dissimilar to First Wave. Rags Morales drew both, so he seems the obvious choice for artist to me, haha!

Then you have them fight evil (mobsters, Nazis, maybe Cthulhu, an army of Frankenstein's monsters, etc.) in a pseudo-Golden Age world.

It's basically just World's Finest, in that it's the Superman Batman team, but with that little twist of not being the traditional versions of the characters.
    This sounds rad, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

Uh... I think Gene Yang already thought of that:

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Superman (Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne) and Robin (Dick Grayson). The true World's Finest.

I'll accept Power Girl and Nightwing as a substitute.

I'd like to see Jon Kent and Tim Fox, if only for an arc. Could be a very interesting dynamic.

Anthology of different teamups each week but a variety of writers and artists. Only theme that must be followed is its always just two heroes who happen upon an adventure together. Be it the completely obscure and off-the-cuff, or more classic teamups, any pairing is a go.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-28-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Far from just being about Clark and Bruce; I'd have "World's Finest" being about adventures from different Members of the Superman and Batman Family. Example: Supergirl/ Batgirl, Steel/ Batwing, Nightwing/ Nightwing, Power Girl/ Huntress etc.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since it's pretty much been replaced by Superbat... and the other pair of Superbat family are also using that title... and I tend to associate HalBarry and HalOllie with The Brave and The Bold... I... think I'm gonna give it to Batwoman and Wonder Woman.

At least with them if there's a subtextual sexual tension tease they can actually do something about it.