Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I think all Earth Green Lanterns are American except that for that kid from Batman Beyond. Similarly Diana has adopted America pretty fully - I think there are versions where she's a citizen but either way she's wearing a star spangled outfit specificallyto reflect the US flag, and Aquaman was born and raised in the US (er- usually, that is!), so I think it's fair to keep them all. And especially Superman!

I don't think "Of America," whatever ambiguity the phrase might create, is meant to exclude character who have been of JL A rosters in the past, haha!

I'll admit though, I considered Black Adam and decided not to as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Huh, add Captain Atom then. I agree all the GL's are from the U.s. So no biggee there.

In fact itd be cool to see Nathaniel and John stewert ragging on each other about Airforce vs marine stuff.

You can also add Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Stargirl, and maybe Skyrocket, and maybe one more... not sure who though yet... EDIT: Zantana. You need a mage for certain.
    It's about the role too, if there's a global/universal team then someone whose jurisdiction is in space will be in there, not in The Just America team. Space cop go space copping and leave the earth under the atmosphere to heroes that doesn't have space jurisdiction

Zatanna can get in, but only if we don't have JLD. I personally don't like teens on adult team. So I can include Ted, but not Jaime.

So far I guess:
    Batman
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Ted Kord
    Ray Palmer
    I don't know much about Captain Atom, but he's a patriot right? Then yeah, he's definitely in.

I don't know who's Skyrocket

Whichever Hawk that has ties to Thanagar, they're on the global team. The one that do not, can be on this team.

Speaking of global vs Just America, this America team has a base in the Hall of Justice, while the space/universe/global team gets the Satellite.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-25-2021 at 06:56 PM.

I kind of liked the idea of the USA putting together its own team as a counter measure to the actual Justice League and including the "of America" to the name.

Captain Atom - leader
    Commander Steel
    Sky Rocket
    Martian Manhunter
    GL - John Stewart
    Vibe
    Miss America

What would I do with Justice League of America?

1) No more ongoing. Cancel it and go with limited series done by different artist/writer teams. Each series can feature different teams and villains. It really isn't that much different than the system DC uses now with different JL teams each having their own book which all eventually get relaunched or cancelled. There can (and probably would) be multiple series going on at the same time. Obviously there would need to be strong editorial checking to keep things in line.

What this does is allow a writer with a great story idea to do it and not have to worry about keeping a series going after the first arc or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I kind of liked the idea of the USA putting together its own team as a counter measure to the actual Justice League and including the "of America" to the name.

Captain Atom - leader
    Commander Steel
    Sky Rocket
    Martian Manhunter
    GL - John Stewart
    Vibe
    Miss America
    I like this a lot.
    Maybe add General Glory and or Captain Triumph?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I like this a lot.
    Maybe add General Glory and or Captain Triumph?
    Original Captain Trimph or the second one?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Original Captain Trimph or the second one?
    The original one w. the sweet jodhpurs, not the more recent female version or god forbid the one who was retroactively added to JLA history.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't know who's Skyrocket
    She's from the Power Company.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Skyrocket
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    May I ask why you go with the demigod origin? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your take
    I guess that while I often thought the New 52 Amazons were really gross, just the height of the ongoing trend of making Amazons savage, primitive, and brutal, to the extreme extent of making them r*pists and murderers.

At the same time, I never thought Diana herself was bad at all during this period. She's still a very loving, compassionate person, at least in a lot of her own series, but she just isn't from a utopian background any more. But the utopian queer feminism was part of the appeal, and it was just gone!
    It was frustrating, and I've long thought, "I'd love to see her with more of that classic vibe of Amazons with kangas and the purple ray and stuff!" I also really liked the Olympians of the New 52 era as well, I thought they were more unique and fascinating than the more traditional statuesque white models in togas.

So... Yeah, that's basically my thought process.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I guess that while I often thought the New 52 Amazons were really gross, just the height of the ongoing trend of making Amazons savage, primitive, and brutal, to the extreme extent of making them r*pists and murderers.

At the same time, I never thought Diana herself was bad at all during this period. She's still a very loving, compassionate person, at least in a lot of her own series, but she just isn't from a utopian background any more. But the utopian queer feminism was part of the appeal, and it was just gone!
    It was frustrating, and I've long thought, "I'd love to see her with more of that classic vibe of Amazons with kangas and the purple ray and stuff!" I also really liked the Olympians of the New 52 era as well, I thought they were more unique and fascinating than the more traditional statuesque white models in togas.

So... Yeah, that's basically my thought process.
    Personally I think Diana shouldn't have a father, but that's fair

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Personally I think Diana shouldn't have a father, but that's fair
    Oh, that, I just thought it was cooler for her to be a literal goddess. I like the whole "blood of the Old Gods" thing, it always seemed really cool to me.

On a weird side note, I do kinda like unusual juxtapositions on their own merits, in teams or in origin stories or whatever. I'd like to see a Krypton where everyone has super-strength, just less than they would under a yellow sun, for example, or a Bruce Wayne who's raised by his Uncle Philip instead of Alfred. Or John Stewart with the Starheart and no Guardians, maybe. Just to see what it'd be like. Maybe the Wonder Woman with the New 52 Olympians and origin, but the pre-Crisis Paradise Island and fighting style, is a part of that same impulse of uncommon juxtapositions.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's from the Power Company.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Skyrocket
    Oh she looks cool okay she's in

Fantastic Member

I'd make it the comic book version of "Justice League Unlimited"

Basically 20+ active members. Each arc showcases different heroes from the DC Universe. One or two of the original Big 7 would be involved in these arcs.

I can't even begin to tell you how over the concept of the "Big 7" I am and, if I'm being frank, I've always found the Satellite Era overrated. That said, I think every era of the League has characters who are iconic, so my reboot would be acknowledging the League's history by putting together a sampling of all the eras on one team. With that in mind:

1. Wonder Woman (Big 7)
    2. Martian Manhunter (Big 7)
    3. Green Arrow (Satellite League)
    4. Black Canary (Satellite League)
    5. Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Satellite League)
    6. Zatanna (Satellite League)
    7. Firestorm (Satellite League)
    8. Vixen (Detroit League)
    9. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) (Giffen League)
    10. Booster Gold (Giffen League)
    11. Shazam (Giffen League)
    12. Captain Atom (Giffen League)
    13. Flash (Wally West) (Giffen League)
    14. Plastic Man (Morrison League)
    15. Steel (Morrison League)
    16. Hawkgirl (Kendra Saunders) (Kelly League)
    17. Black Lightning (Meltzer League)
    18. Cyborg (Robinson League)
    19. Katana (New 52 League)
    20. Mera (Snyder League)

A number of other members from these eras serve as reservists (trust me, almost every era had a member I had difficulty cutting). And every once in a while the Question breaks into the base to help out, as a shout out to probably the most iconic character from the JLU cartoon who's never been a member in the books.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 01-28-2021 at 11:21 AM.

I'd do a 25 member team have it be similar to the Justice League Unlimited Animated Series.My team would consist of.

Wonder Woman
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Hawkwoman-shayera
    Black Canary
    Dr Light
    Mera
    Power Girl=Tanya Spears
    Lodestone=Rhea Jones
    Celsius

Superman
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Hawkman=katar
    Martain Manhunter
    Bronze Tiger
    Green Lantern=john/hal
    Green Arrow
    The Flash=barry
    Red Tornado
    Firestorm=jason
    Blue Beetle=jaime
    Longshadow
    Cpt Comet
    Geo Force
    Black Lightning

Incredible Member

Not against new ideas but the easiest answer is to just tell untold stories of the Satellite era.