Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If You Could Revive "Justice League Of America"...

What would you do with it?

Extraordinary Member

It should come as no surprise to anyone who is familiar with my posts. I would have the Satellite League lineup just like it was back in the 70s and early 80s (including J'onn and Firestorm). It would have Katar and Shayera Hol as Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

There would be a rotating roll call of about six or seven members for each issue. Unique and new villains as well as repeating ones would be a threat.

They don't necessarily have to have a satellite just like the old one as a headquarters but I would like something in space because it's cool. I have no issue with Black Lightning and Vixen becoming members to give it some diversity. I would even take Vibe if a writer could make him interesting.

20 member roster:

Superman
    Batman
    Aquaman
    Wonder Woman
    J'onn J'onzz
    Green Lantern (Hal)
    Flash (Barry)
    Green Arrow (Ollie)
    Atom (Ray)
    Hawkman (Katar)
    Black Canary (Dinah)
    Elongated Man
    Red Tornado
    Hawkgirl (Shayera)
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Vibe (perhaps)
    Shazam (for Alex Ross)
    Last edited by caj; 01-25-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Personally I’m thinking those who deserve to be the next generation of Justice League. That the main justice League title will have the heroes we all know and love but this team should be those who deserve to step up and be recognized as those who will be the main heroes when the Justice League get old and retire someday.

For a line-up I’m thinking the following:
    Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Khalid Nassour
    Conner Kent
    Miss Martian
    Mary Marvel-Shazam recommends her, I would think.

I’m thinking Jessica Cruz and maybe Jessie Quick as well, it’s a loose line-up
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That's basically a Titans team, lol. Jessica and Khalid have never been part of the Titans (most recently being on the cosmic Odyssey and mystic Dark JL teams), but they're young enough to be.

Jesse Quick was on the final JLA team before Flashpoint, a team that was led by Dick Grayson (as Batman). Of course Dick had worked with her before in the late 90s Titans, so it made sense that he'd poach her from the JSA. So it certainly wouldn't be surprising if that piece of history repeated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm kind of over the whole "legacy" thing. I was really all-in on it when I was younger but now with a few notable exceptions, I mostly prefer revamped versions of the classic roster. So to me it's more about trying to get a version of each of the main classic Leaguers that I really like.

think of it like an "ultimate" universe if that helps, haha

• A fiercely compassionate, highly caring Princess Diana Wonder Woman is the team's leader. New 52 demigod origin, but with a more Golden Agey Paradise Island (gotta love those kangaroos) and emphasis on nonviolent resolution whenever possible. Cares about every enemy she fights. No sword.
    • A young, tempered Kal-El Superman in his mid to late 20s, still early-ish in his career and a bit of a firebrand, but having gone through enough adversity to come out stronger and surer. Definitely loves to make bad jokes as he fights. A trend setting pioneer in the field of public, brightly costumed super-heroics. Very devoted to his local community in Metropolis.
    • An aging Bruce Wayne Batman with a lot of experience. Acts as the team's advisor and trainer, loves the fray, but also knows the limits of his aging body - and pushes them constantly. This isn't a Batman who can go toe-to-toe with Superman, but he could maybe bail him out from time to time. Stubborn as a mule, curmudgeonly, aggressive, but with a lot of genuine affection for the team under the surface. Sometimes Robin tags along Super-Friends style - a college aged Jason Todd who loves being a part of something so big.
    • An earnest, sincere, and idealistic Barry Allen Flash, who is the most lawful-aligned member of the group. A bit tad socially awkward, as is now tradition. Decided to use his powers as a "super-hero" in model after Superman, like most other super-heroes. Just generally a nice boy who wants everyone to be happy.
    • A wise, understanding J'onn J'onzz who engenders understanding, reaches out to those in need, does what needs to be done, and generally serves the role of "Team Mom". Also bakes cookies and tells stories.
    • My King Arthur Curry Aquaman seems like he's basically Jason Momoa, except that he can code switch from fun-loving frat boy to regal monarch on a dime. Sometimes Mera tags along.
    • Vic Stone Cyborg is a college aged nerd who loves video games and messing around, but knows when to get serious. None of that "Am I a Human" stuff though. Expect one "boo-yah" per arc at least. He's the team's tech guy, partly because he was an engineering student prior to his accident, and partly because he's an extremely powerful technopath. Strong ties to the New Gods, with a design drawn more to look like a Kirby character than usual.
    • The team's main legacy hero, Zatanna Zatara, a down-to-Earth and fun loving young woman, but with a strong sense of responsibility. Sometimes calls in her dad on trickier cases, but almost always has the magical know-how to get the job done.
    • A young version of Alan Scott Green Lantern, because gol dang it I just don't really want to deal with the Guardians. I know, weird flex.
    • And lastly, an older, post-med school Kalid Nassour as a newly chosen Doctor Fate. More powerful but less knowledgeable than Zatanna, but his medical knowledge comes in handy. Very practical outlook on the world, and a measured, thoughtful personality. Finds some of the League's utopian visions to be too far outside their grasp to be worth dealing with.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My first question is what's the difference with the Justice League? Is this focused specifically in the USA in contrast to International and Canada or is this the same team as the global one?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first question is what's the difference with the Justice League? Is this focused specifically in the USA in contrast to International and Canada or is this the same team as the global one?
    You know, that's a decent question.

I made a point to try and pick characters for my roster who live in the US, but if the thread hadn't said "Of America" in the title, I would probably have chosen a few more "out there" picks like Doctor Mist, or Accomplished Perfect Physician, who live in Kor and Tibet respectively.

Though to be honest, my picks would probably mostly be the same. Gotta have Superman, Wonder Woman, J'onn, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    What would you do with it?
    What do you mean by "revive"? They are going to give the title to Bendis! BENDIS! What could go wrong?

In my case, my horrible ideas would be initially having the Big seven (the titular Green Lantern would be rotating). plus characters from different eras:

Black Canary, Firestorm, Blue Bettle, Booster Gold, Vixen, Cyborg, Power Girl, Vibe, Captain Atom.
    Then A crisis happens!!(Not a CRISIS, just a crisis) and the team splits in two different teams with different approaches to the challenges.
    If you keep the Justice League Dark, you could have even three JL titles, each one lead by a member of the Trinity.
    Also I would add one or two characters who never had been members (there must be one or two around, I suppose, most probably women) and maybe create a new character to keep it different and it would be my personal Mary sue than readers would hate.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, assuming it's America, I'm taking out Diana, Hypolitta, Black Adam and Aquaman who have their own sovereignty, and Green Lanterns who are space force.

Batman can stay, Green Arrow or Black Canary too, haven't decided on Superman and Flash family

I think all Earth Green Lanterns are American except that for that kid from Batman Beyond. Similarly Diana has adopted America pretty fully - I think there are versions where she's a citizen but either way she's wearing a star spangled outfit specificallyto reflect the US flag, and Aquaman was born and raised in the US (er- usually, that is!), so I think it's fair to keep them all. And especially Superman!

I don't think "Of America," whatever ambiguity the phrase might create, is meant to exclude character who have been of JL A rosters in the past, haha!

I'll admit though, I considered Black Adam and decided not to as well.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well, assuming it's America, I'm taking out Diana, Hypolitta, Black Adam and Aquaman who have their own sovereignty, and Green Lanterns who are space force.

Batman can stay, Green Arrow or Black Canary too, haven't decided on Superman and Flash family
    Huh, add Captain Atom then. I agree all the GL's are from the U.s. So no biggee there.

In fact itd be cool to see Nathaniel and John stewert ragging on each other about Airforce vs marine stuff.

You can also add Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Stargirl, and maybe Skyrocket, and maybe one more... not sure who though yet... EDIT: Zantana. You need a mage for certain.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

A return to the Satellite League.
    To modern readers it would look like Justice League Unlimited. That’s okay, because Justice League Unlimited was basically a more modern version of the Satellite League.
    It’s what the League in comics would’ve become.

There would be 16-20 members that rotate as needed.
    With the Trinity appearing one or two to a story.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A return to the Satellite League.
    To modern readers it would look like Justice League Unlimited. That’s okay, because Justice League Unlimited was basically a more modern version of the Satellite League.
    It’s what the League in comics would’ve become.

There would be 16-20 members that rotate as needed.
    With the Trinity appearing one or two to a story.
    I'd read that... and you know what else? I'm surprised how often I'm reminded the best solutions are often the simplest ones.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Spectacular Member

Idk what I'd do with the title but I've always wanted this lineup:

Nightwing
    Starfire
    Superman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash (Wally West)
    Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    Black Canary

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't have it be an ongoing. I would have it be the brand that the DC universe's events are sold under. The team would change for each story, depending on what the plots of the specific events entail. The big 7 would be the first one, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'm kind of over the whole "legacy" thing. I was really all-in on it when I was younger but now with a few notable exceptions, I mostly prefer revamped versions of the classic roster. So to me it's more about trying to get a version of each of the main classic Leaguers that I really like.

think of it like an "ultimate" universe if that helps, haha

• A fiercely compassionate, highly caring Princess Diana Wonder Woman is the team's leader. New 52 demigod origin, but with a more Golden Agey Paradise Island (gotta love those kangaroos) and emphasis on nonviolent resolution whenever possible. Cares about every enemy she fights. No sword.
    May I ask why you go with the demigod origin? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your take