Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The FF seemingly being powerless and no X-Men makes no sense considering mutants are born with powers and the FF predate the Avengers...
    Easy skip for me.
    The most we might get is a Wolverine story since he's the most important X-Avenger.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

No Namor/Atlantis? No Skrulls, Galactus, Dormammu, Shi'ar, Kree, Mar-Vell, Elders of the Universe, etc etc etc

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm guessing Marvel didn't plan for Wandavision to have nearly the impact it did.
    Well, they knew it was coming, and it didn't even wind up being released much later than its original pre-COVID release date. The only thing they didn't expect was that it would be the first new MCU content for over a year, and even that has been known for some time.

I really don't get what Marvel has against using Wanda and Vision, but using a villainous "amalgam" version of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in an Avengers series that won't use either of them... that just seems like a snub.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, they knew it was coming, and it didn't even wind up being released much later than its original pre-COVID release date. The only thing they didn't expect was that it would be the first new MCU content for over a year, and even that has been known for some time.

I really don't get what Marvel has against using Wanda and Vision, but using a villainous "amalgam" version of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in an Avengers series that won't use either of them... that just seems like a snub.
    I think it's a mixture of the Fox Days and the fact that no one knows what to do with Scarlett Witch.
    She is way too op. The most interesting thing that could ever happen to her was House of M.

Honestly, I would prefer to see her return but nerfed.

They likely got thrown off guard she was the first series but now that the show timetable is clearer, we can expect a Loki, new Kamala and new Hawkeye soon, the issue with Wanda is they have no idea what to do with her and those who do are busy or doesn't fit into their plans.

Never forget James Robinson having to remind them Wanda needing a book after AoU was hitting theatres.

Wanda will likely be the one to undo the reality-warping shenanigans
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

I thought that it showed Marvel publishing's attitude to the Scarlet Witch that they put her in literally no comics at a time when she is the top-billed star of a huge Marvel Cinematic Universe production. This is the most famous she will ever be, and even that isn't enough to get her back on the Avengers.

But now, instead of putting her in a comic, they're creating a character who is an "amalgam" of her and her brother... and this character is a villain who fights the Avengers, just to rub it in still further.

Sigh. Maybe someday. But I've been saying that for almost a decade now.
    Whatever the in universe reasons, it’s pretty bad marketing that the only signal boost Wanda’s gotten in ages is the X-Books doing the mutant Satan thing
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 01-26-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The most we might get is a Wolverine story since he's the most important X-Avenger.
    We're definitely getting that. It looks like he never left Alpha Flight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

So is a new event ? You think he will during how long ?

Since Blade is gonna be central to this I will definitely be picking it up and just turn my brain off for when Aaron starts Aaroning.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Whatever the in universe reasons, it’s pretty bad marketing that the only signal boost Wanda’s gotten in ages is the X-Books doing the mutant Satan thing
    Yeah, you wouldn't see them doing that to Carol or any of the other main Avengers, which just goes to show how little editorial seems to be invested in Wanda.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Come on now. Clearly writing SS gives the writer carte blanche to do whatever he damn well pleases with the characters. Writing JLA would be the opposite. Read Gruenwald's SS. Fantastic story because he was free to do things he would never be allowed to do with Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    In 1985, the Squadron Supreme were the focus of a mini-series that was the best Justice League story DC never published. (This was years before DC was publishing comics the caliber of "the Dark Knight Returns" or "Red Son".)

Robinson made a noble effort in 2016, but was derailed by an event. Aaron seems to be writing a spazzier, Englehart-style, Squadron.

Aaron is no Gruenwald.

I don't care if Aaron, or any other writer, wants to write the ultimate no holds barred JL story. It's a DC, Justice League story. If they want carte blanche writing DC characters, they need to go write an Elsewhere story at DC. I'm paying $4 a book to read about MARVEL characters. I don't care for those JL characters or most of the DC universe. I have zero interest in company cross overs, which are basically nothing but battle board 'stories.' If I want to read a JL story, I'd read a JL story, and not some knock off.

Again, I don't understand the fascination with either group. That's my personal opinion. Marvel has so many many many wonderful characters, I wish they'd concentrate on them, instead of DC's characters.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm buying this in the hopes that moving forward the Squadron will give the Avengers a run for OUR money.

Mighty Member

Guarantee that won't happen. This event does not seem to have the ambition to don't that.

Again, I don't understand the fascination with either group. That's my personal opinion. Marvel has so many many many wonderful characters, I wish they'd concentrate on them, instead of DC's characters.
    Characters are less important than the quality of the creative and editorial teams. And, DC has lacked editorial competence for +/- a decade. DC's best output has been inconsistent and isolated. For a while, ~7 years ago, Marvel was doing a better job of being DC than DC was (writing smarter, idea-based, comics).

In other words, now is the time for Marvel to try to outshine DC.

I would rather get a good Squadron series than a bad Avengers series. I doubt that Aaron can deliver it. But, that is a question of the writer not the characters.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

These are Marvel chracters, squadron supreme is very well known staple of Marvel