Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 167
  1. #136
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Vision is superb in Wanda Vision, it's the best writing the characters gotten in the MCU. He's not just the weird guy with a crush on Wanda anymore. Vision is also the secondary protagonist in the tv show, which isn't something to be ashamed of. He's more like his classic self than ever in that tv show. You can tell Bettany is having ball with that role.
    It's not a bad thing and I agree. Just noting that it's more about Wanda.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  2. #137
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where the heck is Vision? The last time I saw him in anything he was testifying over what happened to Viv for the Outlawed story.

    I mean, maybe he's popped up in a group shot or something but for the life of me I can't recall him being in anything recently. Was he with The Avengers in Empyre?

    Maybe he took the apparent death of his daughter so hard he went into seclusion.
    He appeared in the Empyre Avengers tie-in with Luke Cage.

    He's probably just spending a lot of time at home alone, only being called in to be an Avenger when a big crisis like Empyre happens. Why is he nowhere in King in Black?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-27-2021 at 02:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #138
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, you wouldn't see them doing that to Carol or any of the other main Avengers, which just goes to show how little editorial seems to be invested in Wanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Theyíre holding back Darkhold, even though it would be so easy to release it now to coincide with WandaVision. I still donít know why they are.
    The most sympathetic reason I can think of is defeatism. No matter what they do with her, all it would take is one X-Men issue of Exodus ranting and their back to square one, complete with the same reviewers dragging the F4 as child abusers over MM/F4 joining in

  4. #139
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The most sympathetic reason I can think of is defeatism. No matter what they do with her, all it would take is one X-Men issue of Exodus ranting and their back to square one, complete with the same reviewers dragging the F4 as child abusers over MM/F4 joining in
    I'm doubtful that's the problem, creators and editors don't just give up when something and derails their favourites like that they'll spend twenty years fighting behind the scenes to get what they want - this is what went on in the Spider books with the Clone Saga and getting rid of his marriage with MJ. I think its simpler, Wanda and Vision don't have enough protectors in Marvel fighting for them to be relevant and those who do fight are outnumbered and outgunned. That's why nothing sticks, whatever they do try redeem her gets diminished and forgotten about in short order by others with the authority to ignore the progress.

    I don't know what's going on with Vision. He's a fan favourite, has been for generations.

    Another possibility is that editorial just don't like the characters or are apathetic about how they're written so when get badly written its not considered a problem to be fixed. Fixing that requires replacing editorial with sympathetic editors, starting at the top of the food chain.

  5. #140
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Vision is another character they seem to have no clue what to do with.
    Seems pretty odd. He was going well from when Remender brought him back to Ewing's Avengers mini and then nothing happened.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #141
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems pretty odd. He was going well from when Remender brought him back to Ewing's Avengers mini and then nothing happened.
    Because Avengers is just one book at the moment and no one wants to do another Vision story or editors don't want to.

    He and Wanda should be getting a push but that's either gonna wait until after the summer or not at all.

    It's really frustrating.
    Last edited by mreddie; 01-27-2021 at 10:47 AM.

  7. #142
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Because Avengers is just one book at the moment and no one wants to do another Vision story or editors don't want to.

    He and Wanda should be getting a push but that's either gonna wait until after the summer or not at all.

    It's really frustrating.
    We really need more Avengers books...too many characters shuffled off to limbo and ignored in favor of the big names.

  8. #143
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Aaron is no Gruenwald.

    I don't care if Aaron, or any other writer, wants to write the ultimate no holds barred JL story. It's a DC, Justice League story. If they want carte blanche writing DC characters, they need to go write an Elsewhere story at DC. I'm paying $4 a book to read about MARVEL characters. I don't care for those JL characters or most of the DC universe. I have zero interest in company cross overs, which are basically nothing but battle board 'stories.' If I want to read a JL story, I'd read a JL story, and not some knock off.

    Again, I don't understand the fascination with either group. That's my personal opinion. Marvel has so many many many wonderful characters, I wish they'd concentrate on them, instead of DC's characters.
    I get what you're saying, but as a kid, didn't you ever argue about "Who would win" in a fight between Captain America and Batman, or Thor vs. Superman? My friends and I sure did. That's why I've always loved the Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Avengers #70 is one of my favorite comics, because it was like a JLA/Avengers fight, years before JLA/Avengers by Busiek and Perez ever came out. Those 'battleboard stories' are huge amounts of fun to read. To be honest, this latest iteration of the Squadron is one of the few things that I've enjoyed about Aaron's run. You can keep Avengers 1,000,000.

  9. #144
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    We really need more Avengers books...too many characters shuffled off to limbo and ignored in favor of the big names.
    And you can tell in this book Aaron didn't want the big names aside from Thor, Panther and Blade.

  10. #145
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Astral Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    6,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I get what you're saying, but as a kid, didn't you ever argue about "Who would win" in a fight between Captain America and Batman, or Thor vs. Superman? My friends and I sure did. That's why I've always loved the Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Avengers #70 is one of my favorite comics, because it was like a JLA/Avengers fight, years before JLA/Avengers by Busiek and Perez ever came out. Those 'battleboard stories' are huge amounts of fun to read. To be honest, this latest iteration of the Squadron is one of the few things that I've enjoyed about Aaron's run. You can keep Avengers 1,000,000.
    I agree to an extent. As a kid I wanted to see a story or two where Marvel and DC characters met up and tangled in some form or another. But that was more as a novelty than a staple.

    At some level I think this more about Marvel throwing the gauntlet and saying, "We can write a better DC story than DC," using mostly homage characters. Gruenwald already did it once, but every generation of writers has to take their crack at it to see where they measure up. We'll have to see where this events lands, but I have my doubts. I am fully prepared for it to fall short of the mark. And, really, there's no shame in that if it does.

  11. #146
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems pretty odd. He was going well from when Remender brought him back to Ewing's Avengers mini and then nothing happened.
    He was also a part of Waid's Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    And you can tell in this book Aaron didn't want the big names aside from Thor, Panther and Blade.
    And all he seems to do with Thor now is just riff on his Thor run (or on peoples opinions of said run).

  12. #147
    Incredible Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    he probably also has a plan for orchis, omega sentinel and the rest of the threats to mutants, doesn't mean it will be positive, wanda doesnt deserve any positive development from the x-men
    As if X-men deserve Wanda

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    As if X-men deserve Wanda
    I thank my lucky stars for that everyday, we get to have cool votings with interesting characters who actually make use of being on cool comic books, their presence felt on each page, while wanda's mcu conterpart stars in the first mcu series AND the first phase 4 project and she still cannot get herself a cameo on strange academy unless its a picture of her email, seriously im pretty sure maggie braddock the baby has more panel time than her this year, how sad..

    At least you have the silver witch ! that's 50 % wanda!
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-27-2021 at 01:50 PM.

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Can we not devolve into name-calling? COVID wrecked havoc on everyone, plain and simple. The shows success will create more demand for Wanda, Vision, and Quicksilver too, probably. When everything is back in order and then they're still in limbo, then we'll know for sure something is up.

    We're getting off topic, is my point.

  15. #150
    Incredible Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can we not devolve into name-calling? COVID wrecked havoc on everyone, plain and simple. The shows success will create more demand for Wanda, Vision, and Quicksilver too, probably. When everything is back in order and then they're still in limbo, then we'll know for sure something is up.

    We're getting off topic, is my point.
    i don't get why all the hate on Wanda, House of M is far behind us with x-men recovered from that.

    This isn't even x-men board, hate the negativity here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •