Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, you wouldn't see them doing that to Carol or any of the other main Avengers, which just goes to show how little editorial seems to be invested in Wanda.
    They’re holding back Darkhold, even though it would be so easy to release it now to coincide with WandaVision. I still don’t know why they are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm guessing Marvel didn't plan for Wandavision to have nearly the impact it did.
    Oh, I doubt that is true.

It's more a case of not knowing what to do with the character. I can understand the hesitance to launch another Avengers title, but I would love to see a title that featured members not being used in Aaron's run.

I feel like Jonathan Hickman has a plan for the character.

Unfortunately, we probably won't see the plan unfurl for at least two years.

Much better he doesn't touch her. Just more House of M crap

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh, I doubt that is true.

It's more a case of not knowing what to do with the character. I can understand the hesitance to launch another Avengers title, but I would love to see a title that featured members not being used in Aaron's run.
    I mean, James Robinson was able to write a solo book about her, so I don't think it's impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Much better he doesn't touch her. Just more House of M crap
    Didn't he write Dr. Strange treating her like a foolish woman who didn't know any better for trying to do for the Mutants what he did for Vegas?

Doesn't endear a lot of confidence.

I suppose you could make the argument that Vision doesn't have anything in the pipeline either in spite of having nearly or just as much of a push recently.

At least Wiccan is having space adventures with his space hubby.

Why did this have to be Aaron?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wanda will likely be the one to undo the reality-warping shenanigans
    Why would that be if Blade is being made center focus?

I suppose you could make the argument that Vision doesn't have anything in the pipeline either in spite of having nearly or just as much of a push recently.

At least Wiccan is having space adventures with his space hubby.
    Where the heck is Vision? The last time I saw him in anything he was testifying over what happened to Viv for the Outlawed story.

I mean, maybe he's popped up in a group shot or something but for the life of me I can't recall him being in anything recently. Was he with The Avengers in Empyre?

Maybe he took the apparent death of his daughter so hard he went into seclusion.

Vision is another character they seem to have no clue what to do with.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Kind of the same problem he had in the movies post-AoU where other than his relationship with Wanda his biggest accomplishments are crippling Rhodey and stabbing Corvus Glaive from behind...because he really didn't do much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of the same problem he had in the movies post-AoU where other than his relationship with Wanda his biggest accomplishments are crippling Rhodey and stabbing Corvus Glaive from behind...because he really didn't do much else.
    Yeah he was very underutilized in the films and even WandaVision is more of a Wanda story than Vision story.
    Tom King's series was amazing but it was also very hard to follow. I guess Vision might be one of those characters that works best when a writer has something very specific to say with him.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Marvel’s sole goal is to copy the MCU. However they hate both Vision and Wanda, which presents a problem since both are portrayed positively within the MCU. Marvel’s hard on for creative synergy would normally mandate that they let Wanda and Vision be heroes again, yet Marvel is also far too attached to House of M to redeem Wanda and they don’t care about Vision at all beyond Tom King’s mini. So instead they make an exception for those two and just ignore them.

If Hickman has a “plan” for Wanda it’s probably going to be crap, much as I like Hickman’s X-Men. That dude is a Bendis acolyte, he made freaking Goldballs essential to Krakoa, no way is he letting Wanda move beyond House of M. At best he would force her to get Crucible’d as penance.

BANNED

he probably also has a plan for orchis, omega sentinel and the rest of the threats to mutants, doesn't mean it will be positive, wanda doesnt deserve any positive development from the x-men

Astonishing Member

Yeah he was very underutilized in the films and even WandaVision is more of a Wanda story than Vision story.
    Tom King's series was amazing but it was also very hard to follow. I guess Vision might be one of those characters that works best when a writer has something very specific to say with him.
    Vision is superb in Wanda Vision, it's the best writing the characters gotten in the MCU. He's not just the weird guy with a crush on Wanda anymore. Vision is also the secondary protagonist in the tv show, which isn't something to be ashamed of. He's more like his classic self than ever in that tv show. You can tell Bettany is having ball with that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro
    he probably also has a plan for orchis, omega sentinel and the rest of the threats to mutants, doesn't mean it will be positive, wanda doesnt deserve any positive development from the x-men
    That falls on editorial committing multiple character assassination on her because they needed a plot device to get rid of mutants and Wanda isn't as protected as Dr. Strange, or we'd be discussing him right now.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 01-27-2021 at 12:49 AM.