Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default New Harry Potter Show on HBO MAX

Well , I did pray for this ever since Amazon got a Lord of the Rings greenlight series.

hmmm, this may be the best thing for this ailing franchise. WB investing more in a HBO Max potter series and perhaps letting the fantastic beasts movies cool off.

New Harry Potter Show on HBO MAX . Yay.

It's strange to be posting this because I was just on X-Books talking about how any disneyplus xmen show will not be worth it, then this news drops, as a fan of harry potter and xmen since they do have some similar storylines, hearing this news has made me feel better about a series I like getting their own streaming show.

Will this re-adapt the books? I think there's probably safer ideas for what to do to expand the universe in a serialized show format.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will this re-adapt the books? I think there's probably safer ideas for what to do to expand the universe in a serialized show format.
    Please god no, expand the universe before or after with different characters. Be free. That is what knights of the old republic did, and was better for it.

BANNED

Although I now loathe prequels, it will be best for them to make a series about the origins of howgarts and witchcraft.

As much as I loved Dumbledore , I always wanted to see Godric Gryffindor in action.

Also it's HBO Max, I think HBO Max quality is better than Disneyplus who if I remember correctly are doing a Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

Harry Potter needs to get back in the game now that Lord of the rings and percy jackson are outthere,

I would be fine wither way. if they readapted the books. maybe made them a bit darker or something. That would be cool.

Or if they did a sequel or prequel to the books that would also be a lot of fun. Would love to see some other dark wizards over history making a play for power. Like how cool would it be to see some dark ages stuff.

Or an even better idea. Make a show based on The Cursed Child. I know every one loved that book
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Maybe the show could focus on rehabilitating Rowling's public image.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

James and Lilly would be my pick. Jumping between their time at Hogwarts with Severus and the Marauders and their role in the first war against Voldemort.

Something set in the distant past with the original founders would be awesome, though.

My pick would be to retell the story of the 7 books again. Each Book should cover roughly one season each.

A lot of things about the 7 cannon books were left out of the movies. This could be the second chance to set things right.

I'd probably put Harry in a different house for the lulz. Seriously tho, another adaptation is fine. Harry Potter is a coming of age story so letting kids rediscover his journey is a decent idea.

I'm cool with a separate spinoff. Fantastic Beasts had the right idea for a spinoff. It was just squandered by tieing into Grindelwald and botching it.

Someone on YouTube fancasted a potential series about the Hogwarts founders and i'd watch it.

BANNED

Looks like my instincts were correct about harry potter getting back in the game

Percy Jackson is currently now trending on twitter, with the breaking news HP is coming back.

A prequel focusing on the Maruaders would be best
    year 1 to year 7
    Call it Hogwarts since it isn't about Harry Potter

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Maybe the show could focus on rehabilitating Rowling's public image.
    The vast majority of the world, and the majority of those who would watch this show dont care in the slightest about her image.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    The vast majority of the world, and the majority of those who would watch this show dont care in the slightest about her image.
    You might be right, but that's hardly as funny.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation that took place in the same time period but revolved around a different group of kids.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't want a series about James and Lily and such, it would suffer from the same thing that the Star Wars prequels did, you know the outcome and things happen simply because they have to happen, I can just see also if they do the red of the books then there'll be people who only saw the movies VERY surprised at how different it would be from them...