Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I will check that out. I remember hearing about it on the news and such. if I remember right the woman who helped them fell in love with one or something and helped hi,. IIRC she had some problems at home and light weight mental problems. This does happen. It happened in my prison with a kitchen food service supervisor. Prison is full of some pretty bad people who look for people like this in the workers. People they can take advantage of and use. In my prison they were pretty good about spotting when this is going on because there were a lot of issues with this in there before I was locked up and they did massive reforms. But I know of three cases where the workers and on guard who were taken in by the inmates. it ranged from sex to smuggling in drugs, and cell phones and in one case a weapon to an attempted escape. So it is possible. Its just not as common as the movies make it out to be. And there are pretty harsh punishments for inmates trying to do this. Like they get moved to another prison and their security level is raised because they have shown they are a threat to the system or a new charge for the inmate and the person helping them.

I know in my state they went a step further and passed a law that if a worker has contact on a social level with an inmate with in five years after release they lose their jobs.
    That is the basic story, but also the way they escaped is pretty interesting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

When a character has some important information and does almost everything to delay saying it, like "Listen to me, I have to tell you something!" (i.e. Batman v. Superman) Just spit it out!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When a character has some important information and does almost everything to delay saying it, like "Listen to me, I have to tell you something!" (i.e. Batman v. Superman) Just spit it out!
    That and when people kinda just hit the bad guy once and run. Beat the crsp out of him or better yet kill them. Nope they just wanna hit them once with a object. Drop it and then run. Worse when the bad guy has a gun and they don't take it away why they are down. They just leave it and run. If you can't kill the person atleast kneecap them or something. Everytime I watch a horror movie and the main character knocks the killer down..... I turn into the announcer form Mortal Kombat "Finish them!". Loved in John Wick that he double tapped everyone to the head. Made me feel like atleast someone doesn't want to die in these movies.

Boisterously Confused

The GEICO horror movie commercial embodies my favorite pet peeve.

One of the reasons I don't watch slasher movies is because I all too often wind up rooting for the slasher to clean the idiots' genes out of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The GEICO horror movie commercial embodies my favorite pet peeve.

One of the reasons I don't watch slasher movies is because I all too often wind up rooting for the slasher to clean the idiots' genes out of the pool.
    Jason does do a good job of it. Plus most of the people he kills tend to be pretty awful in general.

BANNED

Jurassic Park. why did this kid bring out a touch light to shine at the TREX? wtf is wrong with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Jurassic Park. why did this kid bring out a touch light to shine at the TREX? wtf is wrong with her.

It is not so much that that gets me. it is after when the Trex is about to leave when Jeff Goldblum's character lights the flare to get the Trex's attention. The runs away and gets his dumbass leg broke.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

In horror movies, especially with a group of teenagers, they go "hey let's explore this creepy house just because!" Then said horror movie goes to the trouble of developing these characters with stories that go nowhere because the monster ends up killing everyone except the pretty hot girl who has the dumb luck to survive barely.

Any scary movie with dumb leads.

Any guy who says "i can't tell you over the phone. Meet me in a dark alley at night." Why can't he tell them the info there? Plus you know he or she will be killed before they can give the info to the hero anyways!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It is not so much that that gets me. it is after when the Trex is about to leave when Jeff Goldblum's character lights the flare to get the Trex's attention. The runs away and gets his dumbass leg broke.
    He's leading the Rex away so Grant could get to the kids. It's hard to hear with the Rex roaring and stomping around, but as Malcolm's running away, he's yelling at Grant, "Get the kids!"

A thing that bugs me in movies--usually horror movies--is when a character encounters something supernatural or seemingly impossible, tries to explain it to the police or other characters, and then gets confused and defensive when no one believes them. "I know it sounds crazy, but why don't you believe me?!"
    If you know it sounds crazy, either don't act surprised when people think you're crazy or modify the story so it sounds more believable. Like, if I'm walking down the street and happen to witness a vampire killing someone--no question, clearly and indisputably a legit vampire--I would still only tell the cops I saw a pasty dude biting someone's neck.

How about when a character somehow renders their persuer unconscious,or stops them by causing physical harm.Then they move away from them,with their back towards them,gets on the phone,or something,only to be hurt or killed anyway.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Boisterously Confused

Private detectives that pursue cases where they have no client, or the client has decided to drop the matter. It's one thing if the PI is given some compelling reason to keep after it (e.g. Chinatown), but another when there's no sensible motive for it (almost any Marlow picture).

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Private detectives that pursue cases where they have no client, or the client has decided to drop the matter. It's one thing if the PI is given some compelling reason to keep after it (e.g. Chinatown), but another when there's no sensible motive for it (almost any Marlow picture).
    Ain't it usually because of a Dame?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    He's leading the Rex away so Grant could get to the kids. It's hard to hear with the Rex roaring and stomping around, but as Malcolm's running away, he's yelling at Grant, "Get the kids!"
    I get what he was trying to do but it was not needed. When Grant threw his flare the Trex was already looking after it and was most likely going to go after it. There was no point for Malcom to do what he did.

One thing that also bus me is in the Adam West batman 66 movie.

I know it was full of camp, that is fine its Adam West Batman after all.

But when Gordan is looking at what criminals are loose in Gotham he is shocked that Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman are all loose. As commissioner that should be off the top of his head knowledge, he should know if anyone of them is loose let alone all four. He should not have to find out by a video packet. And Ohera the police chief was also shocked. How do two people with those jobs not know that? You can say well to make batman look better because the police dont know crap. But even Batman did not know.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-30-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.