Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Any police / fed show where there is going to be a SWAT raid yet the lead character enters the house in front of the SWAT team without body armor, helmets, or any gun except their pistol. I know its to keep the lead character on screen but it looks dumb as hell and completely removes me from the moment.

BANNED

I have very little patience for any movie that has a character whose only purpose is to be wrong. The FBI guy in Die Hard, or the reporter in Die Hard 1 & 2.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It is not so much that that gets me. it is after when the Trex is about to leave when Jeff Goldblum's character lights the flare to get the Trex's attention. The runs away and gets his dumbass leg broke.
    Unrelated but I still say Jurassic Park would of been so much better if Timmy get ate by the T-rex. lol

I hate when the hero/heroine of a TV show or movie has to fight a whole bunch of bad guys at once, and the bad guys wait their turn to try and beat up/kill the opponent instead of all the bad guys ganging up on the one person and beating the snot out of them or killing them.

I know if they did that, the protagonist would lose, but it is still extremely unrealistic to me that all the bad guys would wait their turn.

Another stupid thing people will do in TV shows and movies is say out loud the very same thing they are currently typing on a computer or texting on their phones. Why can't the camera just have us look over their shoulder to see what they are typing? Some shows/movies do this, but some don't, and it just seems awkward and unrealistic to me.

Yet another thing that bugs me is when the hero/heroine knocks the villain down or knocks the villain out and then immediately turns their back on the villain to do other things...and of course that gives the villain the opportunity to wake up and try to kill them that one last time. How about knocking the villain out, then stand there and watch them so that if they get up again, knock them back out.

And this one is slightly off-topic because it's not a stupid thing that someone does, but I hate how villains in TV shows or movies always seem to have some sort of "healing factor" or some type of super-resistance to injury, like in some horror/slasher films. You bury an axe in the villain's head and he falls, and one minute after you run to safety, the villain gets back up, takes the axe out of his head and then he continues trying to find you. Come on, now.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-31-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I can only think of TV examples but anyone who tries to blackmail a murderer. Like you know this person killed someone, but you meet them alone and threaten them with no leverage? It never occurs to them that the person won’t hesitate to kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It's my favorite Christmas movie... but in Miracle on 34th Street, I never could figure out why Sawyer didn't just bring assault charges against Kris instead of going through all that rigmarole to get him committed.
    I think that’s Sawyer’s character. He’s an amateur psychologist with an inferiority complex. He argued that Kris is dangerous then got bopped on the head. I think it makes sense that he’d push for the action that validates his “diagnosis”.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I get what he was trying to do but it was not needed. When Grant threw his flare the Trex was already looking after it and was most likely going to go after it. There was no point for Malcom to do what he did.
    Ian was trying to save face in front of Alan, because he had earlier embarrassed himself:

Alan: Their radio's out, too. Gennaro said to stay put.
    Ian: Kids okay?
    Alan: I didn't ask. Why wouldn't they be?
    Ian: Kids get scared.
    Alan: What's to be scared about? It's just a little hiccup in the power—
    Ian: I didn't say I was scared.
    Alan: I didn't say you were scared.
    Ian: I know.

And Alan disliked him from the outset, culminating when he got testy when Ian asked if Ellie was single. They'd been having a low-key pissing match since the helicopter ride, pretty much. This moment ties into that a bit.

Plus, Ian explicitly loves children, so he has to do something in that situation, especially if Alan, the child hater, is.

It's not necessarily the smartest decision on Ian's part, but it makes sense for his character to do in that moment.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Prometheus. Everything anyone does in that movie is so damn stupid. Let's walk around this planet we know nothing about without out helmets, don't run to your left when the giant piece of space debris is coming at you in just own direction, put her head over the alien egg because the android told you to.
    "Oooh, look at that! It's so cute!" says the one scientist as he looks at the creepy AF alien worm that was swimming in the black goo. At that point, I couldn't wait for him to die. Luckily, he dies like 5 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That and when people kinda just hit the bad guy once and run. Beat the crsp out of him or better yet kill them. Nope they just wanna hit them once with a object. Drop it and then run. Worse when the bad guy has a gun and they don't take it away why they are down. They just leave it and run. If you can't kill the person atleast kneecap them or something. Everytime I watch a horror movie and the main character knocks the killer down..... I turn into the announcer form Mortal Kombat "Finish them!". Loved in John Wick that he double tapped everyone to the head. Made me feel like atleast someone doesn't want to die in these movies.
    Prime example of this: The Shining miniseries with Steven Weber. At the end when he's crazy, he starts beating his wife to death, then the ghosts tell him to take care of Danny. He get's to Danny, but you can't beat a kid on network TV so the ghost's tell him to go take care of Halloran. And every time he's about to kill someone, the ghosts stop him to tell him to go kill someone else. JUST KILL THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

My pet peeves- never ending ammo clips in guns. I hate when a person fires a Glock 50 times before the scene calls for them to reload. It even drives me crazy in animation- watching Batman: Bad Blood, Talia is shooting at Batwoman with a Luger that should hold, at best, 7 shells. Instead she fires over 2 dozen before she finally reloads.

My most recent pet peeve- any time Arrow tried to do anything involving business or the law. When Oliver signed the company over to Rochev, there were about a dozen ways he could have invalidated her vote to become permanent CEO. He signed over temporary powers on a napkin under severe duress while his sister had been kidnapped. Any halfway decent lawyer could have had the boards vote thrown out, probably gotten Oliver Rochev's shares, and then he could have fired the board.

Same thing when he was on trial- I know it was a show trial set up by Diaz, but there were so many holes that he could have still gotten off.

And everything to do with Samanda Watson. Oliver brings her proof that a criminal has seized total control of a major American city, that there is corruption at every level from the new Mayor on down, that the City Council and the courts were compromised, and that Diaz had set himself up as defacto ruler of Star City... and she, a federal law enforcement officer who is part of an agency who's mission it was to root out organized crime, refuses to do anything unless Oliver admits he's the Green Arrow? Are you f'ing kidding me? That's when you go over her head to her boss, give them the same info, and imply that maybe Watson is on the take as well.

Lets take a team of hard to replace individuals highly limited in law enforcement numbers with at least 5 years training in CSI or profiling and send them in to take down armed perps, instead of a swat team with half the training period and actually trained to do that dangerous job.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Ian was trying to save face in front of Alan, because he had earlier embarrassed himself:

Alan: Their radio's out, too. Gennaro said to stay put.
    Ian: Kids okay?
    Alan: I didn't ask. Why wouldn't they be?
    Ian: Kids get scared.
    Alan: What's to be scared about? It's just a little hiccup in the power—
    Ian: I didn't say I was scared.
    Alan: I didn't say you were scared.
    Ian: I know.

And Alan disliked him from the outset, culminating when he got testy when Ian asked if Ellie was single. They'd been having a low-key pissing match since the helicopter ride, pretty much. This moment ties into that a bit.

Plus, Ian explicitly loves children, so he has to do something in that situation, especially if Alan, the child hater, is.

It's not necessarily the smartest decision on Ian's part, but it makes sense for his character to do in that moment.
    Plus it's possible Alan's distraction might've been more short-lived (It's possible the T-rex wouldn't have returned to the paddock quickly, or maybe the flare landed in the 'moat' area, whereas Ian probably held him off for longer and further away from the vehichles-and unknowingly also gave the T-rex a brief snack for a minute with Gennaro.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Lets take a team of hard to replace individuals highly limited in law enforcement numbers with at least 5 years training in CSI or profiling and send them in to take down armed perps, instead of a swat team with half the training period and actually trained to do that dangerous job.
    Thats why I couldnt watch CSi. Not only are the DNA tests and all of that coming back in 5 minutes but then they have the whole CSI tech team led by Grissom leading the raid. Come on!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's a team of probationary rookies weekly on The Rookie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

90% of all Rom Coms would be over in 5 minutes if the characters just practiced the act of sharing context, or just have open communication.

Also, this isn't an original thought of mine, but yeah, I get miffed when the action hero mows down dozens, if not hundreds, of mooks but spares (or attempts to spare) the Big Bad. The mooks were following orders and likely had no other source of income but to resort to crime, and yet the Big Bad's the one that manipulated them, armed their forces, masterminded a ton of bloodshed, and orchestrated all that chaos behind them. The hero's notions of punishment and leniency would thus be pretty screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    90% of all Rom Coms would be over in 5 minutes if the characters just practiced the act of sharing context, or just have open communication.

Also, this isn't an original thought of mine, but yeah, I get miffed when the action hero mows down dozens, if not hundreds, of mooks but spares (or attempts to spare) the Big Bad. The mooks were following orders and likely had no other source of income but to resort to crime, and yet the Big Bad's the one that manipulated them, armed their forces, masterminded a ton of bloodshed, and orchestrated all that chaos behind them. The hero's notions of punishment and leniency would thus be pretty screwed up.
    In a similar vein, Arrow Season 3. Season 2 was all about Oliver becoming an hero an eschewing killing of the bad guys. He only killed, once, IIRC, and that was to save Felicity. But in season 3, it's like he said 'F*** that!' as he mowed down dozens of League assassins, and in season 4 as he did the same with HIVE soldiers.

Arrow is just one long continuous stream of stupid things that annoyed me. It's amazing that I enjoyed it as much as I did

Incredible Member

In a horror or suspense movie whenever an individual sees a pool of blood on the floor why do they feel the need to touch it with their fingers? Its red colored and dead bodies are strung about what more proof do they need? What about fear of catcing AIDS or hepatitis?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Any police / fed show where there is going to be a SWAT raid yet the lead character enters the house in front of the SWAT team without body armor, helmets, or any gun except their pistol. I know its to keep the lead character on screen but it looks dumb as hell and completely removes me from the moment.
    Be real. The ones with armor are more likely to die.