Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Donna should never be her twin. She should be her younger adopted sister.

Jason just shouldn't. He can be her twin on Earth 52, but not in main continuity

If there has to be a twin, then it should be Nubia. I also don't mind her as just being Diana's sister, but I can see where being Diana's twin automatically informs the character with a certain weight and sense of equality to Diana. And they should be sculpted of clay, none of this daddy Zeus garbage ��

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Donna should never be her twin. She should be her younger adopted sister.
    Nooo! Donna must be Wonder Woman as a teenager!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wonder Girl was WW as a teenager....Donna wasn't and Byrne's garbage thst he saddled Donna with never really helped her. Just let her be an infant rescued and raised on the Island, adopted by Hippolyta and given powers.

You can always let Nubia be a "star-crossed twin" or something.
    A parallel to Diana from a different tribe of Amazons who is like Diana in almost every way, but just isn't biologically connected to Diana.

I prefer Diana as an only child. If she must have a twin, definitely Nubia. Deadbeat Jason was the absolute pits.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think some people feel that if she's not Diana's twin, than she's inferior to Diana in some way? Maybe since she won't be a princess? I'm not sure. It certainly creates more chatter if she's her twin and not just a normal sister.
    I can see that. Personally, I liked the Post-Crisis origin they gave Nubia where she's the very first Amazon Champion from long ago who literally fought through hell. She could be Diana's equal just through sheer experience and force of will. And/or you could also incorporate African and/or Egyptian gods and say she earned their blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You can always let Nubia be a "star-crossed twin" or something.
    A parallel to Diana from a different tribe of Amazons who is like Diana in almost every way, but just isn't biologically connected to Diana.
    This could work, too.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A few of us on here have floated around the idea of Nubia being Philippus's daughter, and I'm very much behind that idea. Essentially making Nubia Diana's step sister.

Nubia and others like Mala and Kasia should be part of the same generation as Diana, created through the clay birth like in the Golden Age comics. Diana would just be the first such child. And it wouldn't be a once and a lifetime event for a new generation, Donna would be among young Amazon kids her age as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Wonder Girl was WW as a teenager....Donna wasn't and Byrne's garbage thst he saddled Donna with never really helped her. Just let her be an infant rescued and raised on the Island, adopted by Hippolyta and given powers.
    This should be it. I don't know why this is so hard or DC, unless they are actively making it a game at this point.

"How convoluted can we make Donna Troy?"

OP Question -

Nubia, without a single fleeting doubt.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Nubia.

You really can't let the Silver Age go, can you?

No twin. The Amazons are sisters anyway, so the whole twin trope does nothing for me, but I don't mind when Nubia and/or Donna are twins of Diana.

First choice - no twin.
    Second choice - Nubia. She should be in the Wonderverse, absolutely, but I'd prefer a non-twin origin.

There is no third choice

Amazing Member

I don't care about Nubia or Donna at all, so Jason should be the twin

Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post
    I don't care about Nubia or Donna at all, so Jason should be the twin
    Lol wtf? You like Jason?

I'm not dissing you, just surprised.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I vote for no twin, too.

BUT, Nubia is 100% essential to the Wonderverse, just with a different backstory.
    I don't understand the appeal of Nubia - what it it about her that you see as essential to the Wonderverse?

... but the twin trope is dumb (as is the long lost brother/sister thing too).
    More often than not, it just feels like lazy writing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I don't understand the appeal of Nubia - what it it about her that you see as essential to the Wonderverse?.
    She was the technically the first black female superhero, but because she was so short lived, that credit often goes to Bumblebee.

She's important because she represents equality, much like Wonder Woman herself does, but with race instead of gender. She just needs the time and chance to become more of a fully fledge character because right now she's still more of a symbol than a character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She was the technically the first black female superhero, but because she was so short lived, that credit often goes to Bumblebee.

She's important because she represents equality, much like Wonder Woman herself does, but with race instead of gender. She just needs the time and chance to become more of a fully fledge character because right now she's still more of a symbol than a character.
    The principle of racial equality is essential, but why Nubia? Does she need to be a twin to be equal? Does that role even need to be an Amazon? I've always thought that WW and Storm would make great friends, and it would be interesting to see Themyscira interact with Wakanda for a crossover.