Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont think she needs to be Dianas direct twin but she needs to be special in her own right.

If Diana is daughter of Zeus Nubia can't be made of clay and be her twin. So who are her parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    If Diana is daughter of Zeus Nubia can't be made of clay and be her twin. So who are her parents?
    Either pull a Power Girl and have her be from another Earth that is now gone/she cant get back to it and is taken in by this Earths Amazons

Have Ares sculpt her from clay and imbued with the blood of Diana or Hippolyta in an attempt to create his own warrior.

Have her be Antiopes daughter who goes on to be chosen by the Egyptian or African gods to be their champion. Nubia can be the one to lead her tribe back to Themyscira and reunite everyone.

Diana has 3 siblings now who are all twins...its a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Either pull a Power Girl and have her be from another Earth that is now gone/she cant get back to it and is taken in by this Earths Amazons

Have Ares sculpt her from clay and imbued with the blood of Diana or Hippolyta in an attempt to create his own warrior.

Have her be Antiopes daughter who goes on to be chosen by the Egyptian or African gods to be their champion. Nubia can be the one to lead her tribe back to Themyscira and reunite everyone.

Diana has 3 siblings now who are all twins...its a bit much.
    But Nubia was first.

But Nubia was first.
    She mightve been the first but it took 30 years to get there and I think Diana should be Hippolyta's only child born on Paradise Island. Having Nubia be Hippolytas adoptive child or alternate earth child or neice are all just as powerful imo.

But Nubia was first.
    Lol...after reading Nubia’s story..none of that would seem to make sense. We don’t need to have another “donna troy” origin mishap.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    The principle of racial equality is essential, but why Nubia? Does she need to be a twin to be equal? Does that role even need to be an Amazon? I've always thought that WW and Storm would make great friends, and it would be interesting to see Themyscira interact with Wakanda for a crossover.
    Why Nubia?
    Partially because of her ties with Wonder Woman, and partially because she was the first black female superhero. And, if I'm being completely open about this, diversity is very marketable right now. Diversity brings in good press and it will boost sales for Wonder Woman comics. Whether that's fair to the characters, creators and writers , is something for everyone to decide for themselves.

I'm of the mind that if the writer does this for the purpose of education, entertainment and fun stories than it shouldn't matter why the company wants it (which is, of course, to make money).

Does Nubia need to be Diana's twin to be her equal?
    I personally do not believe so, no one should have to be born the same way as someone from the same parents to be equal to another person.
    But I can see for multiple reasons why someone would want Nubia to be Diana's twin. For starters, she couldn't be a princess of Themiscyra if she wasn't a daughter of Hypolita. Second, the statis of them as twins draws more attention to both Diana and Nubia than if they where just sisters. If they're twins, they can't be half siblings, can't be "spiritual" sister, can't be from another universe, they have to be blood.

Funny you should mention Storm because Diana and Storm fused into one character back when marvel and DC did that. I believe she was called Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    The principle of racial equality is essential, but why Nubia? Does she need to be a twin to be equal? Does that role even need to be an Amazon? I've always thought that WW and Storm would make great friends, and it would be interesting to see Themyscira interact with Wakanda for a crossover.
    Nubia is a Wonder Woman character, the first heroic poc of the Wonder Woman franchise and is something of a fan favorite. Having Storm and Diana meet for a crossover could be fun except a) Storm is not a DC character and b) DC and Marvel are not going to be doing any crossovers any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nubia is a Wonder Woman character, the first heroic poc of the Wonder Woman franchise and is something of a fan favorite. Having Storm and Diana meet for a crossover could be fun except a) Storm is not a DC character and b) DC and Marvel are not going to be doing any crossovers any time soon.
    They actually became the same character. Diana and Storm.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/amazon/4005-47299/

I prefer if neither of them are Diana’s twin.

I’d have Nubia have her own heroic origin. Jason I can do without seeing again (I’d rather have other guy Wonders around), but if I need to keep him, I’d introduce a shocking twist retcon that reveals he is not Diana’s twin. For Donna, I’d go back to basics that she’s rescued by Diana and given Wonder powers.

Aside from adding diversity and popularity of the character, I think Nubia can just make a good foil for Diana alongside Artemis.

They could have nice Power Trio dynamic like Kirk, Spock, and McCoy from Star Trek, or Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo from Dragon Ball. Nubia can be the more pragmatic one, Artemis the hot-headed one, and Diana in the middle balancing it out with her compassion.

I would go with Nubia.

There has been growing in the characters and it's high time to capitalize on that interest.

I'm more familiar with her Pre-Crisis origin than her Post Crisis one. I would focus on 'champion of Ares who was mind controlled with his ring' element of the character. Long ago, Ares had a daughter named Alcippe with a woman named Aglaulus. Alcippe was raped by Posiedon's son Halirrhotius so Ares slew the latter in retaliation and was acquitted in retaliation. For this Alcippe felt she owed Ares. Later, Alcippe fell in love with a man and had a child named Nubia. Ares trained her as his champion and sent her to Paradise Island as a spy. To ensure her loyalty he used a mind control ring to influence her behavior. She fights Diana who breaks her out of his control. Feeling alienated by Ares and not feeling beholden to the Greek Gods that the Amazons worship, Nubia takes inspiration from her father's roots and goes on a journey to rediscover the African Gods, eventually becoming their champion.

If Diana has to have a twin then definitely Nubia. I never cared for the secret twin trope but it's better than just being a generic Amazon. Jason is just nonsense and should be forgotten like a bad dream.

Astonishing Member

Nubia of course.

I'd have Nubia be Diana's Twin Sister.Jason would be her Younger Brother and Donna will be Jason's Daughter making Donna Diana's Niece.Jason Troy has a nice ring to it.