Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which Twin do you preferer: Nubia or Jason

With Nubia once again returning to her original origin of Diana's twin sister, I'm curious to see how many people care about Jason getting the boot. You can only have one twin after all, (unless they get retconned into triplets at some point).

I, personally didn't care much for Jason. The idea of Diana having a twin brother could have been interesting...but it just didn't work out at all for me. Jason was a jerk, didn't have an exciting backstory, and was poofed away when the editorial was clearly unsure of what to do with him.

At least Nubia (pre-crisis) had an interesting backstory. I don't know what her new origin will be, but if they keep it similar to her original origin, I feel she has a lot more potential than Jason had. They could incorporate various African Gods and myth into her story, along with Greek, similar to what is going on in Yara Flor's comic. It looks like they are already doing that in Nubia's comic as well, having her talk to a woman named Aunt Nancy. "Aunt Nancy" clearly being a play on the word Anansi, a spider god from Akan folklore.

But I'm curious about what other people think. Do you feel they should incorporate Jason in some way?

Edit: I meant for this to be a poll where the options are Nubia, Jason, don't care or Diana should be an only Child. But I goofed that up... So yeah, Diana not having a twin at all can be discussed too.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-25-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What about Donna. OMG having 3 set of twins now...so messy.

But Nubia, id be so surprised if anyone preferred Jason.

Jason should not be Dianas twin (personally, there should be no blood twin. Twin created by magic after Diana is born...sure). In the WW animated movie, Hippolyta gave birth to 1 or two of Ares's children before they were moved to Paradise Island, Jason should be dealt with the same way. Except she couldnt bring herself to kill him or he was taken by the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What about Donna. OMG having 3 set of twins now...so messy.

But Nubia, id be so surprised if anyone preferred Jason.

Jason should not be Dianas twin (personally, there should be no blood twin. Twin created by magic after Diana is born...sure). In the WW animated movie, Hippolyta gave birth to 1 or two of Ares's children before they were moved to Paradise Island, Jason should be dealt with the same way. Except she couldnt bring herself to kill him or he was taken by the father.
    I meant for this to be a poll were Diana not having a twin was an option. But. I. Messed. It. Up...

And poor Donna, I completely forgot about her. She got too many origins for anyone to keep track of.

I generally prefer Diana as the only child on the island but Nubia of the two options is the no-brainer pick.

Nubia no question, and if I had my druthers they'd stick to her original Blaxploitation origin.

Jason should be the son of New 52 Hippolyta and a villain like Loki, if he were to exist at all. Though I'd be perfectly fine if he were forgotten and never brought up again.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I meant for this to be a poll were Diana not having a twin was an option. But. I. Messed. It. Up...

And poor Donna, I completely forgot about her. She got too many origins for anyone to keep track of.
    I would have voted for no twin at all.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I would have voted for no twin at all.
    Add me to this list.

I vote for no twin, too.

BUT, Nubia is 100% essential to the Wonderverse, just with a different backstory.

Donna Troy, I'm 50/50 on. I can take or leave her.

Jason, I can just leave him. Worst character to be introduced into the Wonderverse since Egg Fu.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I generally prefer Diana as the only child on the island but Nubia of the two options is the no-brainer pick.
    Pretty much where I'm at. I absolutely want Nubia to be around, just not as the twin.

But of the two, definitely her. Jason is awful

For SURE Nubia, I'm sincerely hoping we've seen the last of that tacked on, sorry excuse for a "brother"!

That said, I don't really see why she has to be Diana's twin instead of close sister, but if she NEEDS a twin, please let it be Nubia, let's all forget that other one even existed!

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    For SURE Nubia, I'm sincerely hoping we've seen the last of that tacked on, sorry excuse for a "brother"!

That said, I don't really see why she has to be Diana's twin instead of close sister, but if she NEEDS a twin, please let it be Nubia, let's all forget that other one even existed!
    I think some people feel that if she's not Diana's twin, than she's inferior to Diana in some way? Maybe since she won't be a princess? I'm not sure. It certainly creates more chatter if she's her twin and not just a normal sister.

I would like to see them actually interact as twin sisters though. If DC is gonna make them twins, then I want to see a true sibling relationship. I wanna see were they agree, were they disagree, how they work together, all that.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Nubia. Give Jason a different origin, or just forget he ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I vote for no twin, too.

BUT, Nubia is 100% essential to the Wonderverse, just with a different backstory.

Donna Troy, I'm 50/50 on. I can take or leave her.

Jason, I can just leave him. Worst character to be introduced into the Wonderverse since Egg Fu.
    I think Nubia and Donna can be sisters to Diana, which would work very well.

Nyssane, I laughed so hard when I read this last part! And now, I feel like eating an Omelet....lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I don’t mind the twin idea. I would choose Nubia over Jason any day. I see Wonder Woman as a character of magic so her having a black twin isn’t too far fetch to me.

If I have to choose, Donna, but the twin trope is dumb (as is the long lost brother/sister thing too).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut