Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think its good for the most part, I think the new stuff is interesting and I can't wait to see it explored within the confines of the main continuity, and I think other series also do well as a bit of an appetizer of things to come or just a general idea of how they write.

However there are some complaints, for instance certain stories and timelines don't match. Take Nightwing for example, in his own solo story he is running the Gotham Resistance but in Titans which I believe is set only a little later he's escaped and become Deathstroke. Another issue is that unfortunately because these are treated as set ups for Infinite Frontier we have no context for stories, case in point Tim Fox. Yeah, he is the new Batman alright and I like his story so far after two issues but we are dropped in after he has been Batman for a while and we have no real idea what led him there or how he was trained to be Batman. Now we do have a series coming up in Second Son written by Ridley showing his origins, but doesn't help us now when we see him go out as Batman or later join the Justice League. Same goes for Yara who again I like, she's cool but we find her after she has been Wonder Woman for a while with no context to how she got the role especially when in a backup to Immortal Wonder Woman we also see Nubia as Wonder Woman. Again, I get that build up will happen later but it doesn't help now.

So I would probably grade the whole thing a B-, some good stories and interesting looks at upcoming books but could have used some cohesion and a few recap pages or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I disagree. HAving a symbol of eternal hope die just to make Black Adam look better is not good writing
    I don't think he died to make Black Adam look better, Black Adam still got washed and had to flee, he died to emphasis that it's a near hopeless situation. also, I've never been someone who bought into the "Superman is the epitome of all hope" narrative, it's a lazily masturbatory take on Superman's character. it's like with Hal, I check out when the sum total of your take or your concept is "this character is just nebulously the greatest everer". it's why things like the Thought Robot and Superman One Million are so silly to me; so I love when that idea has the piss taken out of it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mighty Member

So far I'm really enjoying it.Much better then I was expecting

So far I've liked it. Better than I expected and liking many of the new creative teams.