Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    really? I actually liked it
    Could you tell me what you liked about it? It might give me a different perspective on it

FS- Aquaman was so and so. didn't impress me at all. Art was great but story meh......
    I preferred Andy in JL, than in today's issue. Neither jackson impressed me.

Dark Detective is the only book I have picked up to date. I did enjoy the first 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Future State is the remnants of 5G, a DiDio headed long-term event.
    Yeah I know, that's why I mentioned him. I guess I should have made that more obvious. I'm not some anti-Didio guy or anything, but what's on display here feels a lot more fresh to me (from what I've read, which isn't a ton).

I've only read The Next Batman and Justice League. Of the two I'd say I liked Justice League's main story better, but the Next Batman itself and the Outsiders back-up -in issue 1 were pretty good too.

The problem I'm having is the whole "jump right into the stories" aspect. Partly because the books are across multiple points in the timeline and partly because it means a lot of the big developments aren't being depicted. Like, we know Jace is Batman, but his origin is vaguely implied and is going to be covered in another series in a few months. Maybe I'm being too anal retentive here, but I would like a cleaner "start" to a new version of the DCU.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I dont care for the overall vibe of Future state but there have been some individual comics that have been good.

My top have been.

1. Wonder Woman
    Yara has an interesting personality and the story was just fun adventure with awesome art. Top of the bunch.
    2. JLD.
    3. Robin Eternal.
    4. Shazam
    5. JL
    6. Dark Detective . Starting with issue 2. The first one I didnt like but the second issue had a cool vibe creating the world and creating tension and suspense.
    Honorable mention. Guy Gardner story.

Shout out to Swamp Thing and Catwoman. I havent read them yet but heard they are really good. So I'll see how they rank on the list after I read them.

Also some that were really bad.

Immortal Wonder woman
    Superwoman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Superman of Metropolis.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I don't see whats fundamentally different here than what we got during Convergence, Futures End or Villains month.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't see whats fundamentally different here than what we got during Convergence, Futures End or Villains month.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Could you tell me what you liked about it? It might give me a different perspective on it
    well the art for one, but I also liked how over the top futuristic the designs are. Iunno, it didn't blow me away but I thought it was kinda fun. wasn't a fan of the baby reveal (felt random) but nothing egregiously bad about it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

well the art for one, but I also liked how over the top futuristic the designs are. Iunno, it didn't blow me away but I thought it was kinda fun. wasn't a fan of the baby reveal (felt random) but nothing egregiously bad about it.
    I would say killing off Superman One Million is egregiously bad

The art for Jason Todd's story was bad. Especially Rose Wilson's face (well, lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I would say killing off Superman One Million is egregiously bad
    I disagree, that's probably my favorite part. Superman One Million is a novel idea but ultimately not really a character that I find all that compelling. seeing him get got made sense for selling the impending doom imo. no character is above death to me.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The art for Jason Todd's story was bad. Especially Rose Wilson's face (well, lack thereof).
    something about Jason's story felt off. I think I'm just not sold on the premise. seeing Jason in Gotham following the Magistrate just doesn't feel right and I don't remember Rose being so kill happy but I'm not an expert on her character, so maybe I'm wrong.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

I disagree, that's probably my favorite part. Superman One Million is a novel idea but ultimately not really a character that I find all that compelling. seeing him get got made sense for selling the impending doom imo. no character is above death to me.
    I disagree. HAving a symbol of eternal hope die just to make Black Adam look better is not good writing

I read Immortal Wonder Woman and enjoyed it but it that’s about it at the moment.