Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default With Yara's popularity, what can DC do to make Donna/Cassie more relevant again?

As a fan of both Teen Titans and Young Justice, Donna/Cassie will always have a special place in my heart. However, recent stories featuring both characters (Donna: Titans Hunt, Titans vol. 3, Hell Arisen - Cassie: Both New 52 Teen Titans runs, Young Justice vol. 2) have been mediocre to say the least. From the handful of issues I've read with Yara Flor she has already started to eclipse the other two Wonder Girls. Seeing how popular Yara is getting and the push DC is giving her, Donna/Cassie need something to breathe new life into their characters. What do you think can help them stay relevant going forward?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Give them actual good stories where they are front and center. Have them actually be part of Dianas book from time to time. Give them an actual push. But DC probably would rather us forget about them then try do ensure they are popular in their own right.

Actually put them in Wonder Woman books again.

They could put them in Yara's book too. But maybe wait a bit until her character is fleshed out more. Actually having her team-up with these characters would help flesh her character out more.

Fantastic Member

I really think DC should start cleaning up when it comes to amazon power levels, the gods, Donna and Cassie even before introducing new characters.

Even the Bhanas I find is messy, although it can be good place to start as truly Antiope's descendants, and hence the multi-racial aspects of Amazon society.

As for Donna, I do not want Donna to be a WW clone, but instead, I want her to be the premier mystic/warrior of Paradise Island in the modern world. There's so much potential here as literally every magical skills is available in Greek mythology. Donna can have her origin as a descendant of Antiope (hence, she is a Bhana descent), but she is in possession of the Golden Fleece which gives her strength at least half of WW, but she has magical and amazon training too, making her just as formidable as WW in a different but similar way. On top of that, the Titan Themis gifted with the blindfold of Justice which allows her to see through the truth which allows her to extract the truth and enhance her perceptions of things.

Cassie, on the other hand, I would like to be the reincarnated daughter of Hercules and Antiope; since she is a demi-god. She simply got reincarnated again and again throughout the ages (with no memory) until Donna finally unlocks it in her, and she takes her place as Wonder Girl, trained by Diana and Donna, gifted by Haesphaestus with bracelets and lasso that has lightning shock powers, but from Haesphaestus not Ares. Aphrodite also enchanted her lasso to make anyone she subdues with it obey her will but the power of her lasso isand the Titan Themis, and instead of a lasso, she has a blindfold that can see through the truth. She'll have half the strength of WW at best, but her training/magical abilities make up for her ability to match WW's strength. Cassie, on the other hand, is the immortal reincarnated daughter of Hercules and Antiope, being re-born time and time again throughout the ages until Donna finally finds her and unlocks her powers which was suppressed by magic through the request of Antiope through one of the demi-gods (Hypnos). She eventually regains full consciousness of her powers, and are given bracelets and lasso by Haesphaestus which has the power of lightning from him, not Ares. Since Athena and Hercules are also buddies, Athena also empowered the lasso to be able to transform into any weapon she chooses it to be. So there you go:

Cassie / Antiope + Hercules / Lasso has 2 extra magical powers (aside from being unbreakable -- lightning & transformation)
    WW / Zeus & Hippolyta / Lasso has 2 extra powers (aside from being unbreakable - truth powers & circle of fire)
    Donna / Antiope & Special Mortal / Golden Fleece Gives Her Mystical Powers and strength as demi-god too + Blindfold of Themis allows her to see the truth and perceive things that normally can't be perceived.
    Artemis is the Bhana General.

all connected, all related.

It's possible Cassie could appear in Yara's tv show on the CW. I think Yara is supposed to be younger and going by Wonder Girl in the series. So maybe they'll be friends or something.

I'm honestly not thrilled to be getting a show before they've had a year to establish who Yara is in the comics. I would like to get to know comic book Yara before the CW destroys her.

Astonishing Member

Donna needs to been written properly on Titans, they're so close to getting it right at times. Perfect casting, too, its like Conor Leslie leapt off the page into the show.

I like the idea of Cassie being on Yara's show, I don't think she's going to be able to get a solo show of her own now that slots been taken by Yara.

I would like for the whole Wonder family to appear on Yara's show. Not the the degree where they steal the spotlight of corse, but it feels almost a given that Diana will be on the show.

Just don't do what they did to Superman and Batman on Supergirl and Batwoman were they embarrass them to make The main character look better. If they treat Diana as incompetent then it would round out the trinity being treated like garbage on their counterparts respective shows.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-26-2021 at 06:16 AM.

The three of them are distinct enough to exist side by side.

Please, no more origin do over's. Especially for Donna Troy.

Donna Troy is a young child rescued by Diana, adopted by the Amazons and raised on Themyscira. Cassie Sandsmark is the daughter of Zeus and Helena Sandsmark. Yara is the Wonder Woman of Brazilian folklore. There is enough material right there for a tv show.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-27-2021 at 11:05 AM.