View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-vote-winner

We've getting the full line-up reveal tomorrow. Very excited for it!

Also some interesting tidbits from the interview above. The final results:

1) Polaris
    2) Banshee
    3) Sunspot
    4) Forge
    5) Tempo
    6) Armor
    7) Boom-Boom
    8) Marrow
    9) Cannonball
    10) Strong Guy

And an interesting quote from Gerry Duggan:

Bolding mine. Sounds like we're getting a new X-Men team every year.
    The poster Cyclops put out for the in-universe vote said that there'd be a vote for a new team every year. Though at the time I took that to mean an in-universe year, not actually 12 issues.

Extraordinary Member

Bolding mine. Sounds like we're getting a new X-Men team every year.
    The obvious joke is that we all know Marvel is going to shakeup the line every year anyway. I'd be surprised if Marvel plans to do this again. It might be an indicator that this run has only asked for about a year's worth of this story. By this time next year we will probably be getting teased for whatever the next phase is.

If Duggan can get the most out of his cast, tell the story he wants to tell, then make room to focus for another year/season on another set of characters or at least one different character, great. They can highlight more characters that deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe. It would indeed make it easier to promote the following issues, as they now don't need to beat around the bush with covers and solicitation texts anymore.

But i still argue it's a risk, given that they build up the gala issue as this big mystery to unveil (even mark it as red issue), to get people excited. Which regardless of who got picked, could have created interested, even if the end result would have dissapointed many, as they still wanted to see it asap.

Hox/Pox reinforced how good an intriguing mystery can be for sales after all.

So with the team reveal out of the way months in advance. What else would be there for people wanting to read the book straight away?

It's a double edged sword situation.
    I think whatever Williams or Hickman are doing will be the big shocker/fallout of the Gala.

We've getting the full line-up reveal tomorrow. Very excited for it!
    I told y’all. The timing of these reveals, two each day starting last Friday, basically pointed to that.

Can’t wait! Please have adult Cable... please have adult Cable...

I think I would rather have a team based on the people who lost the vote? Either Wells or Duggan would be great on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think whatever Williams or Hickman are doing will be the big shocker/fallout of the Gala.
    I think that has to be something really shocking, which involves the actual popular main storyline, to be really raising sales afterwards.

Like someone abducting Hope (as long as she is alive they can't just clone her back with traditional tech) and killing the remaining 4 parts of the resurection protocoll, essentialy reducing everyone to just one life again.

Xavier unveiling some extreme plan for mutantkind that splits them into two conflicting factions.

The Arraki declaring war on humankind, putting them at conflict with the modern day mutants.

Or a black hole opening in the middle of Krakoa and the Chimera Rasputin drops out trying to tell everyone not to trust Moira X or otherwise unveiling something which shakes up the status quo the reader believed to be the truth so far.

It really has to be something so direction changing which brings the overarching story back on track. Not the threading for water that has been going on for the last 2 years. Otherwise it will just more of the same, which seems to have lost a lot of momentum.

Prediction (considering Council members can't be a part of the team):

1. Cyclops
    2. Jean
    3. Polaris
    4. Iceman
    5. Rogue
    6. Synch
    7. Wolverine or (adult) Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I think I would rather have a team based on the people who lost the vote? Either Wells or Duggan would be great on it.
    This! Banshee has been done dirty since Generation X ended, and it was nice seeing Tempo get the spotlight here. She has great potential.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I think that has to be something really shocking, which involves the actual popular main storyline, to be really raising sales afterwards.
    I'm not being original here, because people are speculating the Williams books is called The Trial (which sounds like a one-shot) and would be about Wanda. Arresting her would set the MU on fire, but I don't know if we are ready, or wanting, that already, and would probably cut short anything the other books are trying to do.

But having all the worlds heroes in attendance is too obvious for it not to be big. Having all of the X-folk of Krakoa and possibly shields down is too obvious too. Hopefully it turns out as big as some of your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Prediction (considering Council members can't be a part of the team):

1. Cyclops
    2. Jean
    3. Polaris
    4. Iceman
    5. Rogue
    6. Synch
    7. Wolverine or (adult) Cable
    I like that team. Why not both Wolverine and adult Cable, but make it Laura and not Logan?

Rogue and Synch both seem a bit redundant though. If I’m being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like that team. Why not both Wolverine and adult Cable, but make it Laura and not Logan?

Rogue and Synch both seem a bit redundant though. If I’m being honest.
    They do seem redundant and I'm positive Rogue will be out if it comes to it. But I just can't say no to Duggan's Rogue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like the idea of switching up/out the X-Men cast/membership from year to year....Just as long as Scott and Jean remain the leaders.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

So about the voting results, I'm very impressed by both Tempo, who basically we know nothing about, and also Forge landing the fourth spot. And it was a horrible showing for poor Sam - being stuck in space with a kid hasn't really done him any favours.

I'm starting to read the article now.

I noticed it starts off by saying fans voted "last month," meaning the article was written in February or March. I wonder if they intended to put this all out sooner and it got delayed for some reason. Maybe to emphasize the outfits for the gala first.

I'm very glad the article doesn't bring up Havok. I also really like this part.

Now, she’ll join Cyclops and Jean Grey in becoming chosen champions of mutantkind and the world.
    That's exactly what I had hoped to hear with this team. That side of Lorna has been left out in the cold for over a decade, and I really want her getting back into it where she should be. It's also nice to hear each character will have an issue focused on them - which I'm going to be very guarded about. But if there's a true, considerate look into her history and past development to inform her issue, then it could be very good for her and the sort of thing she needs.

P.S. The thought of Lorna leaving the X-Factor team (not necessarily the book) and the issue launching into a big shocking moment is giving me Doctor Who regeneration vibes. Like how the Doctor's regenerations (at least in the modern era) come packaged with a high-octane cliffhanger for the viewer to stay on the edge of their seat and then jump right in when the show resumes.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)