View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    *pic*

By Zeb Wells, David Messina & Rachelle Rosenberg.
    It's a strange time when you are less likely to get impaled standing next to Marrow than Rachel Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    What the hell is The Thing doing on Krakoa ?

A. As international hero he got invited.
    B. Many of the X-men like him.
    C. Many mutants can relate to him.
    D. He is an allround nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm honestly surprised. Both that it seems Lorna won, and that they revealed it now instead of waiting until Hellfire Gala. Also that the way they presented it is good.
    Seen that question a few times. My guess would be that the winner was allready more or less clear after the first results were revealed (overall a terrible mistake on Marvel's part since it manipulated the voting behaviour for the rest of the time) and nobody really talked about the whole Gala thing anymore outside of maybe forums like this. So they wanted to create some attention again and pre-emptively revealed the resutl of the fan vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Also appreciate how very in character this is for Sean. Still, given the result, I hope he ends up with a substantial role somewhere else. Given his Moira connection and his experience, I wouldn't mind him getting a seat in the Quiet Council.
    I'm not even much of a fan of him, but still think he is underused, considering he is a veteran character and has mostly been dead or used as quick punching bags these past two decades.

Extraordinary Member

So, Hickman book titled The Losers is confirmed (edit: joke based on reveal strip). That last reveal felt less fun than the rest, which is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    There's no way in this day-in-age would the X-office have an all-white cast, nor a cast with each of its members premiering before the mid-80's. I think this team will be way more diverse than people think.
    I did think of that but if they cared that much they would have showed it in Dawn of X. I am not predicting an all-white cast, but I do think anyone expecting any great level of diversity will be disappointed.
    Last edited by cranger; 04-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who on Earth is that bartender???
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

None of the candidates are yelling rigged they want recounts? LOL.

The election and the vote were a good move by Marvel and it managed to get fans online quite motivated and interested in a 'political process'.

In terms of Lorna I am happy she won of course. I only hope the Lorna that appears ends up being conducive to spicing up the core team interaction.

Well, like everyone thought, Lorna won. But it looks like both she and Sean will be in Wells' new title.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    What the hell is The Thing doing on Krakoa ?
    The Gala isn't on Krakoa, it's on the island that Magneto acquired in his Giant Size issue.

Incredible Member

That is the best Banshee has been written in over 20 years. Just a few panels, how sad is that for the character?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well, like everyone thought, Lorna won. But it looks like both she and Sean will be in Wells' new title.
    Uh...what now?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Going from being written by Leah Williams to being written by Gerry Duggan is a downgrade, imo. My excitement for this new team has dimmed considerably after finding out Duggan is writing it. He started off very well in Marauders but the last year of issues have been meandering and dull, he also seems better suited to street level books. Still, I hope for the best.
    Both are bad writers, so it isnt a downgrade.

I was expecting Hickman to write Polaris, thiis poll felt like fake news

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who on Earth is that bartender???
    Considering the green skin and multiple red eyes it's likely a krakoan automaton like those seen in Marauders manning the drug factory.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, Hickman book titled The Losers is confirmed. That last reveal felt less fun than the rest, which is a bit odd.

I did think of that but if they cared that much they would have showed it in Dawn of X. I am not predicting an all-white cast, but I do think anyone expecting any great level of diversity will be disappointed.
    Huh, very surprised it's not the Moira book. Guess they're sitting on that a bit longer, unless they're playing on the "Mutants Always Lose" thing?

Also, just because I forgot: all the members of the team are being voted on by Krakoa right? And just Polaris is the one who's being actually voted on IRL

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Huh, very surprised it's not the Moira book. Guess they're sitting on that a bit longer, unless they're playing on the "Mutants Always Lose" thing?

Also, just because I forgot: all the members of the team are being voted on by Krakoa right? And just Polaris is the one who's being actually voted on IRL
    I couldnt find anything confirming the new Hickman's book name and cast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Both are bad writers, so it isnt a downgrade.

I was expecting Hickman to write Polaris, thiis poll felt like fake news
    Edit nevermind.

I expected Hickman to write her as well and was very happy at that thought given he seemed to get a big part of the character other writers of late have ignored of her being extremely fearful and distrustful of humanity which would give her something to spice up her relationships with the rest of the team.

As for Leah she tended to write Lorna as a really self absorbed and emotionally frail Gen Zer mainly focused on daddy and ex issues and that is very self limiting. There were a good moment or two with her in her run, but I was more then ready for her to branch out.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-15-2021 at 08:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

I can't remember exactly how it was presented in the story, I seem to recall each habitat being able to nominate someone. Presumably there were others who were voted in that we have not been shown, who the story had already decided should win. The strips kind of make it seem like there was only the one vote, or at least one winner. So who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I couldnt find anything confirming the new Hickman's book name and cast
    Sorry, it was a joke based on Sean calling together the rest of the nominees as Losers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel is saying now its going to be by Zub Wells.

I expected Hickman to write her as well and was very happy at that thought given he seemed to get a big part of the character other writers of late have ignored of her being extremely fearful and distrustful of humanity which would give her something to spice up her relationships with the rest of the team.

As for Leah she tended to write Lorna as a really self absorbed and emotionally frail Gen Zer mainly focused on daddy and ex issues and that gets old fast.
    That's talking about the cartoon. All 5 of the cartoons were written by wells. Nothing in the tweet about who's writing the book.