View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The success Morrison had with Emma was showing how she could interact with the core x-women in a unique way.
    I think the only woman Morrison had Emma interact with was Jean. He didnt really use any of the core X-women and when he did, Emma was MIA (Storm, Lorna, heck even Sage)

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Really no. It was more how Scott and emma could be a couple
    That was half the reason. Emma as the dangerous harlot queen of the X-Men propelled years and years of storytelling was the other half of the reason. It spiced up the core X-Men soap in such a way that alot of future writers and editors liked it and wanted in.

The X-Men is an established set of relationships and interactions that grow stale without the occasional infusion of new ideas. Lorna's relationship to the X-Men started before most of us where born. The old dynamics are long dead, though I think spicy new ones are possible.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    From what I understand it's going to be the Duggan team. And honestly, that makes sense. They've been building up to this team since November already and there's no way that they'd leave all this build up for a YEAR. Hickman has already said it's amazing people let them get away with not having an actual team for a year already, two is pushing it. Hell, one and a half is pushing it, but that's where we're at.
    Well, without covid it would have been a year.

Incredible Member

Who is on the Duggan team?

Emma was Lord Fanny, Morrison's mouth piece and added a much needed caustic dynamic to the team the same way Wolverine injected disharmony in ANDX era. She acted as a mouth piece for the writers and was a fourth wall breaker.

The other stuff with Scemma being deliciously awkward is just extra. That plus her interactions with the Offenders and rest of the MU were great.

I believe the final stand will be between Polaris and Sunspot, both of these characters are quite famous, especially Sunspot, so if not Polaris then Banshee and Sunspot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id say Sam and Sunspot are popular, probably more so than Banshee.

With that said, I stated it was a give in that Polaris was winning this the minute Leah came out and talked about her plans "if" Lorna were to win the vote. Made it seem like she was already ready for her to leave X-factor in an active role bc thats what was discussed behind the scenes. If Lorna isnt chosen, I will be truly shocked
    There were two update tweets from Marvel while the voting was ongoing. I'm sure they're on this thread somewhere. The first one was after the first few days and had Polaris way out in front (possibly 22% of the votes) followed by Banshee and Sunspot. The second showed the biggest changes in vote percentages after a weekend which had Banshee as one of the biggest gainers and Polaris as one of the biggest losers.

Firstly that shows Banshee is at least as popular with fans of the X-Men as Sunspot and Cannonball, probably more so. Secondly I believe it shows Marvel were trying to make it a two horse race between Banshee and Polaris, which made me think they'd planned all along to use both of them. I still think that's the case.

Incredible Member

hoping for Banshee. His fans have suffered mightily.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    There were two update tweets from Marvel while the voting was ongoing. I'm sure they're on this thread somewhere. The first one was after the first few days and had Polaris way out in front (possibly 22% of the votes) followed by Banshee and Sunspot. The second showed the biggest changes in vote percentages after a weekend which had Banshee as one of the biggest gainers and Polaris as one of the biggest losers.

Firstly that shows Banshee is at least as popular with fans of the X-Men as Sunspot and Cannonball, probably more so. Secondly I believe it shows Marvel were trying to make it a two horse race between Banshee and Polaris, which made me think they'd planned all along to use both of them. I still think that's the case.
    An important addition to this is although Marvel listed who had the biggest gains and falls, it didn't really imply anyone necessarily went up or down a spot. Strong Guy was already in last and listed as one of the biggest falls, when he was at about 5% after first day voting.

What we know about in between those two reports is that Banshee gained ground while Lorna lost it. The big question is how much Banshee gained.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Who is on the Duggan team?
    Scott, jean..no one else yet lol. I think we are about to find out the rest this week or the next though with the upcoming July solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Scott, jean..no one else yet lol. I think we are about to find out the rest this week or the next though with the upcoming July solicitations.
    I do too...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We may not even get the full team then. It could be an X-men Red situation where the official roster isnt fully revealed until the issues hit. Im kinda hoping thats the case. I REALLY want the reveal of this vote to only be revealed in the Planet Size issue

Armor & Marrow

Today's Mini-Strip.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 04-13-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Marrow's ribs and sternum bone number is impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'