View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I think, regardless of the result, this has been a great idea from the X-Office. It generated a hell of a lot of interest while the vote was going on, and it's created a bit of a buzz now with these, mostly excellent, little strips.

Interestingly I think most of us, who have followed closely, aren't even slightly surprised by the two most popular choices. They were front runners all the way through, and are obviously the longest standing characters (both having been around for over 50 years).

Polaris, having around 22% of the vote after the first few days, when I believe the large majority of votes will have been cast, is definitely the most likely winner. Banshee's recovery later on was likely a higher percentage of a lot fewer votes, and a 7% deficit was almost certainly too much to recover.

It's good to see, as well, that it's generated some interest in some lesser characters as well, and I'm sure Marvel will be taking note of the votes received. For example, if Banshee hasn't won they're going to know he's one of the most popular characters not regularly appearing, or they'll know that there's a fair bit of desire to see someone like Tempo given a chance to shine, and it might give them a chance to shake up a few of the other teams. I mean that in the sense that I'm almost certain some characters will be joining the main team from other teams (Rogue).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The only ones we know for certain are Jean and Scott.
    It's highly speculated that the next member will be Polaris (the presumed winner of the fan-vote). We have no inkling who the other members will be nor how many members will make up this official iteration of the X-Men...it could be any number.
    My predictions are:

Scott (confirmed)
    Jean (confirmed)
    Polaris (voted by fans)
    Wolverine (any flagship X-title must have him)
    Iceman (Omega mutant)
    Last edited by ericng; 04-14-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I always thought (and still believe) they would take a member of each current team, so my predictions are like this;

Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine (from X-Force)
    Rogue (from Excalibur)
    Iceman (from Marauders)
    Havok (from Hellions)
    Polaris (from X-Factor plus voting)
    Moonstar or Magik (from NM)

What I hope for would be;
    Cyclops,
    Jean
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Sunspot
    Vulcan
    Scanner
    Indra
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I always thought (and still believe) they would take a member of each current team, so my predictions are like this;

Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine (from X-Force)
    Rogue (from Excalibur)
    Iceman (from Marauders)
    Havok (from Hellions)
    Polaris (from X-Factor plus voting)
    Moonstar or Magik (from NM)
    Yes I like this lineup and your idea of an character from each title, how do Havok and Polaris get along these days ?, I personally would prefer Magik over Moonstone.
    It would be strange not having Storm on the team though.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Does anybody know what title the full team will be announced in ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

polaris fanboys and fangirls mocked it. tempo should have won

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    My predictions are:

Scott (confirmed)
    Jean (confirmed)
    Polaris (voted by fans)
    Wolverine (any flagship X-title must have him)
    Iceman (Omega mutant)
    I think because Wolverine is already in X-Force and his solo book, he won't be on this. But Laura will probably be on the team to fill the void.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think because Wolverine is already in X-Force and his solo book, he won't be on this. But Laura will probably be on the team to fill the void.
    I would probably have the same line up as ericng but with Laura. I kind of want to say we might see Bishop just because Duggan is writing and he might bring over a few ideas from that book that might not be getting a chance to go anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Being on another team and having a solo has never stopped Marvel writers from putting Wolverine on a main X-men team, team ups and on the Avengers, all at the same time.
    It has been a joke for a long time, but it never discouraged the Marvel staff either.

As tired and bored as i have become of the character (no hate or dislike, just having enough of him because all his stories feel the same by now), he is still selling strong with the old guard of comic readers, who are also still the main buying power of these comics (as many comic shop owners seem to attest).

While Laura is popular in her own right, no doubt about it, her selling power with the actual comic buyers is still by far lower than Logan's, so from a pure marketing standpoint towards their main clientele, it makes perfect sense to throw the actual Wolverine on this team too.

Unless all books are getting reshuffeled anyway and he is removed from the X-Force rooster anyway to free him up a bit for the main title.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Logan belongs with the X-Men, not X-Force. Laura however would be a great fit for X-Force given her background, so I'd love for Ben Percy to add her to that team (along with adult Cable)

Extraordinary Member

I want to see the panel of Beast reacting to not only not being voted in, but not even being nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think Logan belongs with the X-Men, not X-Force. Laura however would be a great fit for X-Force given her background, so I'd love for Ben Percy to add her to that team (along with adult Cable)
    I like this and would fully support.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Between the two of them Laura is definitely less violent and she usually refrains from killing.

X-Force is the mutant CIA now. Not a kill squad. And in the early X-Force days, they weren’t all killers either. Sure you had Cable, Domino, Shatterstar and Feral who had no aversion to killing; but also Sam, Tabitha, Roberto, Rictor and even Warpath who wasn’t a killer in those days. Just saying. And Quire is on the field team currently. He’s not a killer either.

By Zeb Wells, David Messina & Rachelle Rosenberg.