View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like the idea of switching up/out the X-Men cast/membership from year to year....Just as long as Scott and Jean remain the leaders.
    I also like the idea of a rotating membership... we're pretty much already getting it anyway, they might as well make an event out of it. But just as the members change, the leadership should also rotate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know...I like some measure of consistency with regards to who actually leads. It makes it feel/look more grounded and serious and important, imo.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I also like the idea of a rotating membership... we're pretty much already getting it anyway, they might as well make an event out of it. But just as the members change, the leadership should also rotate
    Big guns should always be there to anchor an X-Men book while newer/more obscure characters can get resultant spotlight. Maybe Storm and Wolverine could be the leaders next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

By the by, I continue to find it hilarious how they would run elections for their superhero team but NOT for the Quiet Council. It's obviously very in character for both Charles and Erik not to give people a choice.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-vote-winner

We've getting the full line-up reveal tomorrow. Very excited for it!

Also some interesting tidbits from the interview above. The final results:

1) Polaris
    2) Banshee
    3) Sunspot
    4) Forge
    5) Tempo
    6) Armor
    7) Boom-Boom
    8) Marrow
    9) Cannonball
    10) Strong Guy
    Aww Roberto is only 3rd? I was hoping for at least second. At the same time, that's not a bad showing for him I guess.

Also wow when did Sam get so unpopular? Second to last? Marriage really does not agree with him it seems...

By the by, I continue to find it hilarious how they would run elections for their superhero team but NOT for the Quiet Council. It's obviously very in character for both Charles and Erik not to give people a choice.
    This... is a very good point.

People really want a rotating cast? We will have had almost 2 years of that with Hickman's X-men book. Im looking forward to having a traditional X-men lineup with some actual consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People really want a rotating cast? We will have had almost 2 years of that with Hickman's X-men book. Im looking forward to having a traditional X-men lineup with some actual consistency
    Yeah not a fan of rotating team. maybe one or 2 members
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-15-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Looks like duggan is showing more of his new team book tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/gerryduggan/stat...458775556?s=21
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!! Agh. Don’t be a letdown PLEASE.

whole team gonna be revealed tomorrow, info by Marvel.com

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure what was the point of having an issue to reveal the team to world when they told everyone via social media.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not very surprising as everyone else on the QC and on Krakoa in general do think of them as the "Leaders of X" given their history.

Storm, Jean and Nightcrawler all naturally defer to them.
    Emma regards and respects them (and is respected by them).
    Exodus, Sinister and Mystique are wary of them.

Who else has the cumulative power and experience to set up Krakoa as is?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Well Charles and Erik were under no obligation to even form a governing council in the first place. They could have invited mutants to live on Krakoa with the explicit understanding that they were calling the shots. Maybe some would have declined the invite under those terms but I suspect many would have accepted. But Charles and Erik did form a council and did cede authority in some places so that should be good enough for all. Besides Chuck and Mags are playing a shell game anyway, let others think they have real "authority/power" on Krakoa while they and Moira do the real important work. Its ingenious really and very in keeping with how they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cover to X-men #1 is coming tomorrow and would’ve spoiled it. Or maybe later today if we’re lucky. I’m confident of that, and that’s why they chose to reveal in the way they did. To build buzz and anticipation (and jack up the orders) for it. Fingers crossed for Scott, Jean, Lorna, Storm, (adult) Cable and Wolverine (Laura) on this team. Don’t even care who else after that.
    Storm's banned because she's on the Quiet Council.
    Is this solicits week already? I thought it was too early, we haven't even seen DC's which are usually released before Marvel's?
    Yeah, DC solicits should be tomorrow and Marvel's on Thursday 22nd.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman