View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    oh look, there's Xavier in the darn picture, sealing his approval of this team that has zero of Magneto's Acolytes or Brotherhood mutants on it, zero of Stryfe's MLF, zero of Sinisters Rough Boy's or Marauders, zero Genoshans, zero Arakkoans, zero members of other mutant groups like Mutant Force or the Morlocks, etc., etc.

This is very much a traditional X-Men team, not a 'Krakoan' team.
    I am very much THIS /\. I feel like I read the whole last few months of hype wrong.

Apparently so. And oh look, there's Xavier in the darn picture, sealing his approval of this team that has zero of Magneto's Acolytes or Brotherhood mutants on it, zero of Stryfe's MLF, zero of Sinisters Rough Boy's or Marauders, zero Genoshans, zero Arakkoans, zero members of other mutant groups like Mutant Force or the Morlocks, etc., etc.

And I suspect that's gonna be a plot point, and that this might be the Xavier-picked lineup on 'launch,' but not the Krakoan-approved final form of the team a year from now...

This was fake news

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah, this is a great team for him to be on, 'cause he's got a lot of utility that he can 'Synch,' between Polaris and Jean, or self-healing, with Laura, or sheer blasty firepower, with Cyclops or Sunfire. About the only thing missing is a genuine 'tank' like Colossus or Rockslide or Gentle, since I'm not sure he can 'Synch' with the tanky powers that Rogue has borrowed from Captain Marvel or Wonder Man... (I have no idea if he would instead 'Synch' with her actual mutant power, to drain life-force, memories and powers of others with a touch, and not whatever random other people's powers she's stolen this week.)

And Everett being on the team with Laura is great, given their recent history.

Apparently so. And oh look, there's Xavier in the darn picture, sealing his approval of this team that has zero of Magneto's Acolytes or Brotherhood mutants on it, zero of Stryfe's MLF, zero of Sinisters Rough Boy's or Marauders, zero Genoshans, zero Arakkoans, zero members of other mutant groups like Mutant Force or the Morlocks, etc., etc.

And I suspect that's gonna be a plot point, and that this might be the Xavier-picked lineup on 'launch,' but not the Krakoan-approved final form of the team a year from now...
    Are you implying Xavier might have manipulated the results of the first Krakoan election? How very dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

This was fake news
    Exactly like how in the world did the votes break down to get the team that they got

Doesn’t Arrakko have more mutants than Krakoa? If they voted (and that’s a big if because they honestly could be totally disinterested) I definitely feel like they should have gotten one representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Doesn’t Arrakko have more mutants than Krakoa? If they voted (and that’s a big if because they honestly could be totally disinterested) I definitely feel like they should have gotten one representative.
    The X-men are heroes of Krakoa. Why would an Arrakko mutant want to fight for Krakoa?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Didn't Arrakko tell Krakoa to piss off in that epilogue issue?
    "Cable was right!"

This is very much a Krakoan team we assumed every region was getting a representative, When it was every region can put in a candidate in the pool, and the "popular" vote of the whole island is what counts. With that perspective in mind what "bad guy" or "unique character" is going to beat out an X-character? And Remember none of the council members can be in it? So no Magento, Exodus, or Shaw who would arguably be popular. Heck Synch and Wolverine just came back from a big mission for Krakoa and Sunfire just recently saved the island. So you have some reasoning for them
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-16-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't Arrakko tell Krakoa to piss off in that epilogue issue?
    That still doesn't explain the team membership.

Also Arakko is Krakoa, they arent separate

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they wanted to really be bold they'd have the fans vote for every member that want Scott or Jean. I get why that'd never happen but it'd be pretty awesome

There should have been more representation from the mutant community as a whole like a morlock, arrako, acolytes , etc

Bei the Blood moon bare minimum since she is the only Arrako mutant we know who is living on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

The party affiliations only are shown to give a little more detail to stuff like that and reinforce that the QC members are not eligible.

All we know after that is that there will be nominations and a vote.

Everything else was head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    There should have been more representation from the mutant community as a whole like a morlock, arrako, acolytes , etc

Bei the Blood moon bare minimum since she is the only Arrako mutant we know who is living on Krakoa.
    Arrako has more mutants than Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The party affiliations only are shown to give a little more detail to stuff like that and reinforce that the QC members are not eligible.

All we know after that is that there will be nominations and a vote.

Everything else was head canon.
    It wasn't head canon they lead us to believe that the X-men community was going to vote on their reps and those are the names that won like come on now. Story wise most don't make sense.

Wolverine I can see getting the young people vote cause she is one of them.
    Lorna is Magnetos daughter basically princess of the island.
    Maybe Rogue cause she is popular

but Sunfire and Synch don't make canon sense how either would win a vote

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

but Sunfire and Synch don't make canon sense how either would win a vote
    Sunfire just saved/protected the island in King the black, Synch just came back from high profile mission. Remember there is a resurrection ceremonies(sometimes) when people come back from the dead.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-16-2021 at 11:12 AM.