View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

    18 5.88%
  • Banshee

    42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

    15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

    13 4.25%
  • Forge

    9 2.94%
  • Marrow

    28 9.15%
  • Polaris

    54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

    7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

    42 13.73%
  • Tempo

    78 25.49%
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1045
  1. #991
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It wasn't head canon they lead us to believe that the X-men community was going to vote on their reps and those are the names that won like come on now. Story wise most don't make sense.

    Wolverine I can see getting the young people vote cause she is one of them.
    Lorna is Magnetos daughter basically princess of the island.
    Maybe Rogue cause she is popular

    but Sunfire and Synch don't make canon sense how either would win a vote
    I am talking about people who are talking about having any detail about how this election worked.

    Surely we will get more story to support how it shook out. I too am surprised by some. Not Sunfire because I cannot begin to guess how hundreds of thousands of people might vote who are voting on stuff that is not in any way whatsoever based on being readers of comics books featuring fictional heroes. I do think it is odd the Wolverine/Laura and Synch somehow got nominated let alone voted in as they have not even been around. But, again, I can't begin to predict how a people will vote and it at least makes me interested in the story behind it. Can't be any worse than Schism and everyone choosing sides after that.

  2. #992
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Apparently so. And oh look, there's Xavier in the darn picture, sealing his approval of this team that has zero of Magneto's Acolytes or Brotherhood mutants on it, zero of Stryfe's MLF, zero of Sinisters Rough Boy's or Marauders, zero Genoshans, zero Arakkoans, zero members of other mutant groups like Mutant Force or the Morlocks, etc., etc.

    This is very much a traditional X-Men team, not a 'Krakoan' team.

    And I suspect that's gonna be a plot point, and that this might be the Xavier-picked lineup on 'launch,' but not the Krakoan-approved final form of the team a year from now...
    Lorna has a hat she hasn't worn in quite awhile as a princess of sorts of the more militant mutants.



    I don't know if that some of that side of the character that hasn't been seen or heard from for quite some time will matter or not for this coming run, but its possible.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

  3. #993
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That still doesn't explain the team membership.

    Also Arakko is Krakoa, they arent separate
    In X-Men 16, Isca straight up told Xavier and Magneto that they'll stay separate until the Great Ring decides what their side will do next so of course there's no one from Arrako on the team.

    Arakko and Krakoa were two separate entities created when the original Okkara got destroyed the Amenth invasion.
    "Cable was right!"

  4. #994
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    but Sunfire and Synch don't make canon sense how either would win a vote
    Conceivably the seventy jillion mutants we never see from China and India and the rest of Asia, who, in theory, should *vastly* outnumber American (and European) mutants, might have voted for Sunfire as their 'most famous Asian mutant' representative.

    "Huh, seventy more votes for Shiro from the Thai mutants. I didn't know we had any Thai mutants..."

  5. #995
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Someone earlier stated that Sunfire and Synch were redundant, implying that they shouldn’t be there.
    So then you agree with my point that nobody said they should be removed based on their race?

  6. #996
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So then you agree with my point that nobody said they should be removed based on their race?
    I think both Sunfire and Synch make perfect sense as members. Sunfire is an Asian hero. If he's been the only Asian hero on the ballot I'd easily accept that the majority of Asian mutants would vote for him. Just as was said earlier, there are certain to be far more Asian mutants than there are American or European ones.

    Synch will be currently, along with Laura, thought of as a hero by the entire population after the vault, there can't be any argument about including one of the most experienced fighters in the nation on the team, surely.

    From a voting point of view it certainly won't be either of those two that's tough to explain. The fact is, when you think about it, you can easily make a case for all of those voted for. I think the team's rather cleverly made up if I'm honest.

  7. #997
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I think both Sunfire and Synch make perfect sense as members. Sunfire is an Asian hero. If he's been the only Asian hero on the ballot I'd easily accept that the majority of Asian mutants would vote for him. Just as was said earlier, there are certain to be far more Asian mutants than there are American or European ones.

    Synch will be currently, along with Laura, thought of as a hero by the entire population after the vault, there can't be any argument about including one of the most experienced fighters in the nation on the team, surely.

    From a voting point of view it certainly won't be either of those two that's tough to explain. The fact is, when you think about it, you can easily make a case for all of those voted for. I think the team's rather cleverly made up if I'm honest.
    In story, I think the team that defeated the Mother Mold and those that went to Otherworld to defeat Amenth would be more celebrated. Even those who fought off any of the alien invasions. The Vault stuff does not sound like it would rank. I am not complaining though, as I don't care about the vote or who actually made the team.

  8. #998
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    In story, I think the team that defeated the Mother Mold and those that went to Otherworld to defeat Amenth would be more celebrated. Even those who fought off any of the alien invasions. The Vault stuff does not sound like it would rank. I am not complaining though, as I don't care about the vote or who actually made the team.
    Not trying to be contradictory here, just realistic. Here, in the UK, a government is elected for five years. In the first four years and six months they can destroy the economy, Rob, steal, have riots on the streets, run public services into the ground and privatise them, then six months before the next election they'll cut taxes and be re-elected because everything else is forgotten.

    I think mutants will be the same as regular humans in that the most recent thing to happen will be what they consider first when voting.

  9. #999
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I think both Sunfire and Synch make perfect sense as members. Sunfire is an Asian hero. If he's been the only Asian hero on the ballot I'd easily accept that the majority of Asian mutants would vote for him. Just as was said earlier, there are certain to be far more Asian mutants than there are American or European ones.

    Synch will be currently, along with Laura, thought of as a hero by the entire population after the vault, there can't be any argument about including one of the most experienced fighters in the nation on the team, surely.

    From a voting point of view it certainly won't be either of those two that's tough to explain. The fact is, when you think about it, you can easily make a case for all of those voted for. I think the team's rather cleverly made up if I'm honest.
    See I disagree with the cleverness of it all like Synch makes it so Rogue is redundant she should be gone, Jean does what Polaris does just better plus she has telepathy so Polaris brings nothing like those 2 should not be here IMO.

  10. #1000
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    399

    Default

    I think Rogue might be used differently from Synch, her power absorption might be less important than her brute force. I can certainly see the point with Polaris, but she was the reader's vote winner, there's an argument to say she shouldn't have been on that ballot I guess. But, would the same argument be made if it were her father on the team instead of her? Hopefully they'll explore more of her powers than just flinging pieces of metal around.

    I'm giving this a shot, the personalities and the balance of the team suits what I want to see, it's subjective though, and I can see why some people are a little disgruntled.

  11. #1001
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Conceivably the seventy jillion mutants we never see from China and India and the rest of Asia, who, in theory, should *vastly* outnumber American (and European) mutants, might have voted for Sunfire as their 'most famous Asian mutant' representative.

    "Huh, seventy more votes for Shiro from the Thai mutants. I didn't know we had any Thai mutants..."
    Yeah, China and Korea mutants would totally vote for the japanese guy.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  12. #1002
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I think Rogue might be used differently from Synch, her power absorption might be less important than her brute force. I can certainly see the point with Polaris, but she was the reader's vote winner, there's an argument to say she shouldn't have been on that ballot I guess. But, would the same argument be made if it were her father on the team instead of her? Hopefully they'll explore more of her powers than just flinging pieces of metal around.

    I'm giving this a shot, the personalities and the balance of the team suits what I want to see, it's subjective though, and I can see why some people are a little disgruntled.
    Just imagine the team getting split up and there you go, everybody needed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #1003
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,693

    Default

    All the race talk in this thread is a real moodkiller.

  14. #1004
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Not trying to be contradictory here, just realistic. Here, in the UK, a government is elected for five years. In the first four years and six months they can destroy the economy, Rob, steal, have riots on the streets, run public services into the ground and privatise them, then six months before the next election they'll cut taxes and be re-elected because everything else is forgotten.

    I think mutants will be the same as regular humans in that the most recent thing to happen will be what they consider first when voting.
    I agree, but it is a little different than one good deed erasing several bad. I just don't know if the Vault was something on the same level or something most if any would know about or care, and if they were even back from that in time for all the nominations and voting.

    Part of me is starting to think jwatson is on the right track and this team might be going up against the Vault very soon. Maybe there was only three spots for voting, and Synch and Laura were brought on for a specific reason. Would that cause waves on Krakoa? It would be typical, Scott could have just made a team and no one would care, but if he opened the voting, brought on the elected members, and then added two more for reasons, everyone (Krakoans) would make a stink.

  15. #1005
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All the race talk in this thread is a real moodkiller.
    It's because any slight dislike/lack of preference/questioning about a character who's a minority must mean that's the person saying such must be a bigot who hates that minority group! No good faith is possible on the internet you know, it was banned in 2010.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •