View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

If this is another X-team with Cyclops lording over everybody then I hope Wolverine, Storm, or Bishop isn't part of it.

Happy Polaris won, I was rooting for her to win, hope Duggan is just as passionate about her character development as Leah was. Also, on a side note and as an Irish guy, when we’re getting drunk we NEVER EVER say “fluthered” Banshee and Siryn can be written so stereotypically Irish, it can be irksome to read as an Irish person.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Happy Polaris won, I was rooting for her to win, hope Duggan is just as passionate about her character development as Leah was. Also, on a side note and as an Irish guy, when we’re getting drunk we NEVER EVER say “fluthered” Banshee and Siryn can be written so stereotypically Irish, it can be irksome to read as an Irish person.
    Aaaahh but that CHEST though! Woof.

Sean CassTiddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Aaaahh but that CHEST though! Woof.

Sean CassTiddies!
    No complaints about the chest at all. CassDaddy is quenching my thirst!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I pray for Salarta’s sake that Havok won’t be on Duggan’s x-team.
    I pray for myself that Havok won't be on the team too. Or come up in relation to Lorna (perfectly fine with him coming up otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    congrats Lorna fans!!!
    Thanks!

Just to say where my views are on all this, I don't think Lorna winning was a given. I think it would have been under ordinary circumstances, but there were a lot of factors working against her here. But I also don't think people who expected her to win were going out on a limb with their prediction either.

Also I think (as someone who doesn't know Banshee very well) the panels do a great job of showing an endearing side to Banshee.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Congrats to Lorna, most deserving for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    No complaints about the chest at all. CassDaddy is quenching my thirst!
    Truly I am living for the number of X-Dudes who are sporting exposed chests for this GALA.

Beardlossus. CassDaddy. Angel. Eyeboy. Prodigy. Remy. Sunspot. Give me Moooaaaarrrrrr!!!!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-vote-winner

We've getting the full line-up reveal tomorrow. Very excited for it!

Also some interesting tidbits from the interview above. The final results:

1) Polaris
    2) Banshee
    3) Sunspot
    4) Forge
    5) Tempo
    6) Armor
    7) Boom-Boom
    8) Marrow
    9) Cannonball
    10) Strong Guy

And an interesting quote from Gerry Duggan:

"Pepe and I are thrilled to have Polaris aboard this year's X-Men team. Leah and David made her shine in X-Factor, and we're going to make sure she continues to rock in X-MEN,” Duggan promises. “The outline is done and dusted, and every member of the team is going to have their issue not just to be the coolest mutant, but the most important character in the Marvel Universe for one month. Can't wait for you to join us. Hope you survive the experience."
    Bolding mine. Sounds like we're getting a new X-Men team every year.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 04-15-2021 at 09:38 AM.

The X-Men election was an amazing experience for the whole X-Office," X-Men line editor Jordan D. White states in the announcement. “All the creators and editors had a blast seeing the fans’ incredible response to this first-of-its-kind event and we were right there along with you rooting for our choices. It was the perfect way to kick off the new X-Men title."

That new title, relaunching X-Men #1 from writer Gerry Duggan and artist Pepe Larraz, will kick off on July 21.

"Pepe and I are thrilled to have Polaris aboard this year's X-Men team. Leah and David made her shine in X-Factor, and we're going to make sure she continues to rock in X-Men," Duggan states in the announcement.

"The outline is done and dusted, and every member of the team is going to have their issue not just to be the coolest mutant, but the most important character in the Marvel Universe for one month," he continues. "Can't wait for you to join us. Hope you survive the experience."

in newsarama

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm surprised Tempo managed to come in at fifth place. That's pretty good for a relatively unknown character. Would be nice to know the percentages too.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 04-15-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    We've getting the full line-up reveal tomorrow. Very excited for it!
    Okay, now they are really sabotaging themself. Now people can just skip the gala issue and wait for the relaunched book to come out or drop X-men after #20 and wait for Hickman's new book in order to actualy see where the story goes that got people excited for during Hox/Pox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Voting results

1) Polaris
    2) Banshee
    3) Sunspot
    4) Forge
    5) Tempo
    6) Armor
    7) Boom-Boom
    8) Marrow
    9) Cannonball
    10) Strong Guy

I'm surprised Tempo managed to come in at fifth place. That's pretty good for a relatively unknown character. Would be nice to know the percentages too.
    She seems to have been the only one who actualy moved at all. Which is indeed impressive for such a minor character.

However i'd like to see the actual numbers to compare.

Also Marrow's place shows why it was good she wasn't picked. The girl needs to finaly get established as anything in second line stories or titles, to have any kind of clout to appear worthy of being picked for a main team. A small bunch of vocal fans, does not make a popular character.

At least when the main team is supposed to be a big deal and not a ragtag bunch of holdouts during some dark times.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-15-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Okay, now they are really sabotaging themself. Now people can really skip the gala issue and just wait for the relaunched book to come out or drop X-men after #20 and wait for Hickman's new book in order to actualy see where the story goes that got people excited for during Hox/Pox.

She seems to have been the only one who actualy moved at all.

However i'd like to see the actual numbers to compare.
    I highy doubt them revealing the lineup will have any negative impact on sales. If anything it might increase them as from here on out, they are gonna promote the team

I like the idea of a yearly shifting of the X-Men's membership, and a yearly fan vote for who should be on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I dont. The first issue drops in July and in 6 months, they will already be trying to do a vote to hype up the next team? I hope the annual terminology just refers to it in universe, not real time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I highy doubt them revealing the lineup will have any negative impact on sales. If anything it might increase them as from here on out, they are gonna promote the team
    Maybe. It would indeed make it easier to promote the following issues, as they now don't need to beat around the bush with covers and solicitation texts anymore.

But i still argue it's a risk, given that they build up the gala issue as this big mystery to unveil (even mark it as red issue), to get people excited. Which regardless of who got picked, could have created interested, even if the end result would have dissapointed many, as they still wanted to see it asap.

Hox/Pox reinforced how good an intriguing mystery can be for sales after all.

So with the team reveal out of the way months in advance. What else would be there for people wanting to read the book straight away?

It's a double edged sword situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont. The first issue drops in July and in 6 months, they will already be trying to do a vote to hype up the next team? I hope the annual terminology just refers to it in universe, not real time
    It would certainly be better, especialy given the sliding time scale would mean the team gets revoted every 2-3 months in universe if every real life year people would have to vote.

And it it's supposed to be every 4 to 5 months in the real world, i doubt the whole current era will make it to that point without such massive shakeups that the election would be entirely out of place anymore.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-15-2021 at 10:00 AM.