View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I voted for Banshee. He’s a classic X-Men, but we haven’t seen how’s he’s doing sense he’s been resurrected. Also, at his core I believe he’s a superhero at heart.

But, after learning more about Tempo she would be my second choice.

Mighty Member

Marvel shouldn't limit the list to a few people who they think should be in the team. There are so many other members who have been longer and more established than some on this list such as Armor, Tempo, Marrow. It's like shoving Glob on us again.

I wanted to vote for somebody who isn't even on the list.....

Submitted my vote and of course voted for Sunspot, though I would be fine with Tempo winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Marvel shouldn't limit the list to a few people who they think should be in the team. There are so many other members who have been longer and more established than some on this list such as Armor, Tempo, Marrow. It's like shoving Glob on us again.

Marvel is under no obligation to even let us vote for a team member.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking, The sheer fact that we are part of this process is great. They are so many times it feels like a writer just shoves their favorites on a team. It is nice to have the illusion of being part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Marvel Election Integrity Act (MEIA) of 1869 says otherwise. In section 2 line 4, and I quote, "Marvel must henceforth allow the voting of team members from the entire pool of potential candidates and accept its results forthwith." It then goes on to say Polaris is President For Life.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member

So... the voting is only for the last slot on the new team? So...NONE of these characters have any plans for them....except the last team member . So...there is no chance, of, say, Banshee showing up anywhere else soon?
    Ridiculous ploy.

BANNED

So how do I vote? There is nowhere to vote on that website, I clicked on banshee picture and it just shows me his bio page.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    So how do I vote? There is nowhere to vote on that website, I clicked on banshee picture and it just shows me his bio page.
    It should have appeared at the very top of the page. You probably mistook it for an ad. (I know I did!)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I voted Polaris but I really was hymning and hawing over Banshee, Sunspot, & Tempo.

I would actually be really happy with any of these choices.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    That is probably true of many of the millions who will be casting a vote. But from Marvel's perspective it's best to control the field, otherwise you risk an unpredictable outcome -- like the winner being a character that is somehow problematic to use in some way. I'm sure they went into this vote with an idea of who the team will be and picked a handful of operatives who work well within that dynamic, grand design. There's a reason why they chose those specific characters.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    So... the voting is only for the last slot on the new team? So...NONE of these characters have any plans for them....except the last team member . So...there is no chance, of, say, Banshee showing up anywhere else soon?
    Ridiculous ploy.
    Not necessarily. Some of the characters are presently in use in other places, and plans would change a bit if one of them gets voted onto X-Men. It's possible plans exist for each of these characters but they'd have more or different usage as a result of joining X-Men.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That is probably true of many of the millions who will be casting a vote. But from Marvel's perspective it's best to control the field, otherwise you risk an unpredictable outcome -- like the winner being a character that is somehow problematic to use in some way. I'm sure they went into this vote with an idea of who the team will be and picked a handful of operatives who work well within that dynamic, grand design. There's a reason why they chose those specific characters.
    No it wouldn't it would just be some typical 90s character like Gambit or something

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am prepping all my Grammy statue and Dildo jokes if she gets in
    I'm just surprised Liefeld didn't model Tempo after the Emmy trophy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From the list of candidates, I voted for Polaris.
    Why? I’m pretty sure Storm will not be on this team, but Lorna is one of Jean’s oldest friends. They rarely share any panel time, and I want to see more interaction between them. Lorna is also a powerhouse in her own right.