View Poll Results: Who should be in the X-Men?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Armor

18 5.88%
  • Banshee

42 13.73%
  • Boom-Boom

15 4.90%
  • Cannonball

13 4.25%
  • Forge

9 2.94%
  • Marrow

28 9.15%
  • Polaris

54 17.65%
  • Strong Guy

7 2.29%
  • Sunspot

42 13.73%
  • Tempo

78 25.49%
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I got 6 out of 7 right!
    when I read the news, I remembered your post! amazing psychic powers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    HUmm wonder if Duggan will do a Shiro and rogue romance
    Rogue's married and I dont see Duggan rock the boat by having her cheat

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean, you were the only one talking about removing someone based on their race but okay
    Responded to a point about replacing because of a redundancy and I pointed out a redundancy AND gave valid reason of character already being in book.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Does this automatically make Remy a supporting character?
    I wish Gambit took over Excalibur.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean, you were the only one talking about removing someone based on their race but okay
    Someone earlier stated that Sunfire and Synch were redundant, implying that they shouldn’t be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue's married and I dont see Duggan rock the boat by having her cheat
    don't doubt they will break up on the gala, On Uncanny Duggan was going like crazy trying t find a romance for Rogue that wasn't Gambit

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People keep forgetting Rogue's primary mutant power is life force absorption and not mimicry like Synch's.
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People keep forgetting Rogue's primary mutant power is life force absorption and not mimicry like Synch's.
    She's also the team's tank, given that she still has her Wonder Man powers.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She's also the team's tank, given that she still has her Wonder Man powers.
    Rogue is redundant they could have found the other hundreds of mutants who could be tanks for the team and her primary power is taking people's powers and using them herself like Synch. She very rarely uses her powers to just flat out kill her opponents

Gosh, is there really this much discourse when you get two telepaths on the team? That happens way more often.

I'm looking forward to seeing both Rogue and Synch on the team as an opportunity to flesh out both their strengths, limits and differences.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

don't doubt they will break up on the gala, On Uncanny Duggan was going like crazy trying t find a romance for Rogue that wasn't Gambit
    They’re literally married now, wouldn’t make any sense for them to break up..

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Gosh, is there really this much discourse when you get two telepaths on the team? That happens way more often.

I'm looking forward to seeing both Rogue and Synch on the team as an opportunity to flesh out both their strengths, limits and differences.
    Literally... Morrison had Jean, Emma, AND Xavier all playing major roles. Now Rogue can focus on being a tank while Synch copies powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wonder what’s up with the dinosaurs in the pic? Time travel? Maybe adult Cable shows up in issue #2 like he did in Duggan’s UA run... I won’t give up hope.
    The dinosaurs are trying to join the X-Men team and they're being told no.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Jean's outfit looks too much like Polaris's. She would look better in her red Phoenix costume instead of Marvel Girl.
    I'd say a bigger issue is that Lorna's outfit looks too similar to Abigail Brand's costume. But going just by these looks, I think the compare and contrast between Lorna and Jean is good. Elements that are in common, elements that are different.

As always I'd prefer Lorna in some variant of her iconic costume. I'd complain under other circumstances, but under these circumstances (Lorna on the main book, big spotlight that she's joining the team due to vote), I'm okay with it.

The Trial is Rogue and/or Gambit on trial for horny crimes.

Currently I'm planning to buy the digital of this as it comes out, and same for Hellfire Gala issues. I don't know if I would buy physical or not under ordinary circumstances, but that's a bit moot given I'm not going to go out and buy physical during COVID unless it's a really blow my mind best thing ever issue for Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Anyone else have a resounding shrug to the line up? Its just...ok?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Outstanding! I'm so happy for Synch! This is one powerhouse team.
    Yeah, this is a great team for him to be on, 'cause he's got a lot of utility that he can 'Synch,' between Polaris and Jean, or self-healing, with Laura, or sheer blasty firepower, with Cyclops or Sunfire. About the only thing missing is a genuine 'tank' like Colossus or Rockslide or Gentle, since I'm not sure he can 'Synch' with the tanky powers that Rogue has borrowed from Captain Marvel or Wonder Man... (I have no idea if he would instead 'Synch' with her actual mutant power, to drain life-force, memories and powers of others with a touch, and not whatever random other people's powers she's stolen this week.)

And Everett being on the team with Laura is great, given their recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think the line-up is great BUT I thought they said this new X-Men team was supposed to be a representation of all of Krakoa? These are all Xavier students.

So did that idea get scrapped or do they have a another book/team coming?
    Apparently so. And oh look, there's Xavier in the darn picture, sealing his approval of this team that has zero of Magneto's Acolytes or Brotherhood mutants on it, zero of Stryfe's MLF, zero of Sinisters Rough Boy's or Marauders, zero Genoshans, zero Arakkoans, zero members of other mutant groups like Mutant Force or the Morlocks, etc., etc.

This is very much a traditional X-Men team, not a 'Krakoan' team.

And I suspect that's gonna be a plot point, and that this might be the Xavier-picked lineup on 'launch,' but not the Krakoan-approved final form of the team a year from now...